May 04 2013
By: Rafa_psc I Only Post Everything 973 posts

I felt how necessary it is.

[ Edited ]
12 replies 305 views Edited May 6, 2013

1-To punish people who quit.

2-Host migration and late game join (late joining could be and option activated by the player)

3- If there is a 4 people party, only start the game with 8 players, it is horrible to have the group splitted.

Today I was playing with a great 4 people party and then we faced our first problem: to start a match without the party being splitted, we had to leave everytime countdown was in 11 seconds and we weren't in the same team, it was very annoying. As I said, my party was great, we had a great teamplay and we almost never died, killing everyone many times. Until we faced rage quitters. We had a match with no enemy team after 4 minutes of game.

I felt how necessary it is to punish people who quit games, I don't believe people who lose connection should be punished, even if there are those who will "lose" their connection for purpose, but make those who hit the option "QUIT GAME" unable to play another game for 20 minutes. Because of people who quit games, we should be able to have host migrations and late game join, so the gaming experience isn't ruined by immature players.

*EDIT: Rage should also be changed, the player who gets a 3 or 5 (I prefer 5) deathstreak gets double health and health fountains would only heal to default 100%. Rage should help player who are doing bad not to die, and not to kill good players or entire teams without any skill. It is completely annoying when you are in a great killstreak and then someone comes in rage mode and kills you, you are punished for doing well. The worst of it is that it bounces you everytime and is uninterruptible, if it was interruptible I'd already have killed lots of rage users. I personally never use rage unless facing players with world weapons, if it is extremely necessary for a win, or facing cheap enemies.

signature.jpg

Message 1 of 13 (305 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2327 posts

Re: I felt how necessary it is.

May 5, 2013

The game can't tell the difference between people who are disconnected by servers or those who quit intentionally. See Starhawk for an example of this.

Message 2 of 13 (265 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
973 posts

[ Edited ]
May 5, 2013

Thats why it could punish only those hot hit que "quit game" option, they would also be warned. * the option when you press select, not PS.

signature.jpg

Message 3 of 13 (261 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1892 posts

May 5, 2013
Exactly! "Quit game" should penalize players... I agree with this.

I always said this in Ubi's forum regarding AC MP.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You were always Zeus' Favorite!

You were alway Zeus' favorite!

My channel: http://youtube.com/user/czeuch
Message 4 of 13 (250 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
31 posts

May 5, 2013

And obviously after set amount of quits in some period of time should result in perma ban (block of network pass).

Message 5 of 13 (218 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Fender Bender
4319 posts

May 5, 2013

If "Quit Game" punishes people, they'll just pull their ethernet cable or interrupt their wireless signal.  I've seen it countless times in other games where a disconnect wasn't penalized but a quit was.

It'd be better than nothing though, I suppose.

----------------------
She's going to have to fall on her sword. Which means that we have to stick one in the ground, trip her onto it and get someone to jump up and down on her back for ten minutes. --

Malcolm Tucker. Modern day saint.
Message 6 of 13 (201 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1892 posts

May 5, 2013
Yeah Vanthem, that's the price. But this is more costly to do... It's not like just quitting the game. I don't even know how to force this on PS3 without going to the modem/router.

But host migration and joining late is something that should be implemented. If not this, the joining penalty for people that quit (i.e.10 min without joining matches after a quit).
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You were always Zeus' Favorite!

You were alway Zeus' favorite!

My channel: http://youtube.com/user/czeuch
Message 7 of 13 (177 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
973 posts

May 5, 2013

It is too much work for quitting, people can do it, but they will get disconnected from psn, there will be some time until the router turns on, sometimes I have to restart the ps3 so it can connect again. Not saying it won't happen, but won't be much often.

signature.jpg

Message 8 of 13 (156 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
87 posts

May 5, 2013

Rafa_psc wrote:

It is too much work for quitting, people can do it, but they will get disconnected from psn, there will be some time until the router turns on, sometimes I have to restart the ps3 so it can connect again. Not saying it won't happen, but won't be much often.

You can just go to the account management icon, press /\ and log-off. But yeah, it's better than nothing.

Message 9 of 13 (130 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
973 posts

May 6, 2013

I also feel like rage should be changed, the player who gets a 3 or 5 (I prefer 5) deathstreak gets double health and health fountains would only heal to default 100%. Rage should help player who are doing bad not to die, and not to kill good players or entire teams without any skill. It is completely annoying when you are in a great killstreak and then someone comes in rage mode and kills you, the worst of it is that it bounces you everytime and is uninterruptible, if it was interruptible I'd already have killed lots of rage users. I personally never use rage unless facing players with world weapons, if it is extremely necessary for a win, or facing cheap enemies.

signature.jpg

Message 10 of 13 (102 Views)
0 Likes