Uncharted Territory
1844 posts

Re: Huge amount of Ares players!

Apr 19, 2013

Poseidon4ever wrote:

zeus players have increased exponentially since the release.........as soon as the sword+reckoning+relic of asclepius combo was discovered....

Weird, I hardly encountered any Zeus Warriors since I brought it.

Must be that random quick play thingy messed up the encounter rate.

Message 11 of 23 (129 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11798 posts

Apr 19, 2013

My ares is personally lvl 15....I hate his playstyle....zeus has gotten so much more popular in the last week and a hlf..

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 12 of 23 (126 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1497 posts

Apr 19, 2013
FACTOID: Ares is the most popular God allegiance thus far, but also has players with the lowest overall skill rating. Hades is the second most popular, and the highest skill rated players, evil incarnate FTW!

Check out my channel for GoW matches, highlights and other videos.
Message 13 of 23 (119 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1497 posts

Apr 19, 2013
The thing is, there's no one set play style for each of the God's. Yeah the most obvious play style would be to play to their strengths but you don't necessarily have to do so.

Message 14 of 23 (115 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11798 posts

Apr 19, 2013

^kudos

thx for finding it

Message 15 of 23 (114 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
869 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 19, 2013

Makes perfect sense to me considering Poseidon, Zeus, and Hades all have a specific loadout or two that can either spam or is just generally difficult to deal with. Ares has no such loadout unless you count Gladiator Hammer and any allegiance can use that to great effect, though Ares might be the most potent with it.

There are ringout-focused sets for Ares...bring a Hammer and Fist of Ares near ledges and achieve ringouts all day but that's a boring way to play so I'm not surprised I rarely see it anymore. At the very least, it's hard to argue that Ares is the most difficult allegiance to play. I think that "skill rating" thing proves it Smiley Tongue

Hear that? We suck Smiley Sad

Message 16 of 23 (103 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11798 posts

Apr 19, 2013

lol ares doesnt work for me...too squishy Smiley Tongue

Message 17 of 23 (99 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1497 posts

Apr 19, 2013
How do they measure skill anyway?

I think the reason most beginners flock to Ares is because of the perceived power advantage. Aside from that he doesn't really have much going for him. Ares is easily killed by other Ares players because of low defence. Ares is easily killed by Zeus because he has not proper ER load outs. Finally playing against a tank Poseidon is not a walk in the park.

Message 18 of 23 (83 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
820 posts

Apr 19, 2013
I'm playing it because it's the only alliance that I havent reached lv25...... But I gotta say that the god alliance weapons for Ares is not so interesting and is not so much fun to use like other god alliance weapons.
Message 19 of 23 (72 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4319 posts

Apr 19, 2013

Poseidon4ever wrote:

zeus players have increased exponentially since the release.........as soon as the sword+reckoning+relic of asclepius combo was discovered....

Yeah, I see it a lot.  Well, now all I see are Spear of Destiny setups, but that's another matter (I've yet to get a single shard btw).  Playing last night it was that exact Zeus combo (level 30) against me with my around 20 Hades and the "OP" Sword of Hades.  It was an epic duel of lameness. Heh. 

BUT, it was a great match and I actually had a lot of fun with it.  Two powerful setups fighting each other really keeps you sharp.

----------------------
She's going to have to fall on her sword. Which means that we have to stick one in the ground, trip her onto it and get someone to jump up and down on her back for ten minutes. --

Malcolm Tucker. Modern day saint.
Message 20 of 23 (67 Views)
0 Likes