Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Uncharted Territory
1495 posts

Re: How many people have multiple ROTW accounts?

Feb 10, 2013
Honestly with the 3-4 xp bonuses you get from ROTW and pre ordering, you'd think you have enough.

Won't stop my level 10 Hades champion taking out their level 20, bonus xp-jacked warrior.

Check out my channel for GoW matches, highlights and other videos.
Message 11 of 17 (178 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5585 posts

Feb 10, 2013

@DaBeast Your Right But Human Beings Are Very Impulsive .

If I May I Would Like To Offer A Tip On How To Use The XP Boosters .

I Think If Your Use Them Early In Ranks It Is Essentially A Waste, Kind Of .

But If You Wait Until Warrior Ranks 40 Or Higher It Is Beneficial To Your Warrior Since In Theory It Does Double You Experience Points .

I Also Think The XP Boosters Are Good For A Year Or Less, Depending If SSM Wants It That Way .

Just Something To Think About .

Hope This Helps My Pal .

: )

TLoU GotY 2013 .
Message 12 of 17 (175 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1495 posts

Feb 10, 2013
I wondered too when would be the optimum time to use xp boosters. I don't think it really matters though I could be wrong.

Route A: Player uses xp boosters at the start to level up quickly, even though levelling up at that stage happens fairly quickly.

Route B: Player saves xp boosters for higher levels where a lot more xp is needed to upgrade to the next level.

In theory they reach the same end point at the same time. Route A would just give access to better weapons quicker.

Message 13 of 17 (171 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2273 posts

Feb 10, 2013

The XP boosters aren't really that great to begin with. Some are only like 50 points or 100 points up to 500. The max is probably 1000 additional points.

The GameStop pre-order is a 48 hour XP doubler. It's not much of  a bonus unless you can really take advantage of playing the game for two days straight and maximize your points gained.

One thing I didn't like in the beta was how inconsistent point gains were. I was always doing a ton of things and would often not get many points in return. Favor is a strange thing because no requirements are given, and I would open chests, grab or protect flags, grab alignment pods, etc. Kills don't really get you much in the way of points, and for most people that's all they care  about.

There is nothing I hated more than just starting the game and someone from the opposing team stun locks me and spams magic and combos so I'm dead in seconds with no way to defend. That kind of unbalancing will drive countless people to rage quit because it certainly made me want to.

Message 14 of 17 (159 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1495 posts

Feb 11, 2013
From what I can gather the xp boosters on ROTW are all multipliers, so I guess I can see why people would make multiple accounts.

As far as point gains go, I think it depends whether your playing FoTG or TFoTG. Kills obviously gain you more points in the former. I like how TFoTG isn't just cemented around getting kills though. I you might have a player on your team every now and then who really isn't that skilled a player. Send them out to go grabs chests or other forms or favour.

Message 15 of 17 (132 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9691 posts

Feb 11, 2013

DaBeast151 wrote:
I forget the details needed for signing up for ROTW but isn't it linked to your psn? Which would make having multiple accounts redundant?

Nope, at the very least all you need is a PSN ID to get it off of the ROTW page and the code is usable by everyone.  Unless they do something in game or put some kind of limitation on each account, people will be able to make tons and tons of accounts and get more and more EXP.  

I did this with the ascension beta, I gave my code to one of my friends because I got one online. 

Message 16 of 17 (107 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
114 posts

Feb 15, 2013

i only have one account leveling too quickly would take the fun out of the game for me

Message 17 of 17 (76 Views)
0 Likes