May 02 2013
By: MonsteriousE99 First Son 26 posts

How do I get good at GOW multiplayer?

32 replies 950 views Edited May 2, 2013
Simple question. Like, whats the best setup for someone who's relatively new to the GOW multiplayer and whats the best approach on attacking/defending, ect. In short, i don't want to be a BK and annoy the veteran community off because they need to play hero over my incompetency. I've had to play hero in other games and its not fun.
Message 1 of 33 (950 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1202 posts

Re: How do I get good at GOW multiplayer?

May 2, 2013
Don't whine.
Analyze everything.
Always strive for improvement over score.
Learn whens the right time to parry, block or dodge
oh, and play a ton of MoC 4p!
Message 2 of 33 (945 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11779 posts

[ Edited ]
May 2, 2013

Hey i gtg for now, but PM me and I will gladly show you the ropes.....send me a Friend Request and I will help you online after I test some new clan recruits Smiley Happy

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 3 of 33 (944 Views)
First Son
26 posts

May 2, 2013

ok, will do

Message 4 of 33 (936 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
869 posts

[ Edited ]
May 2, 2013

Start out by favoring Physical and Magic Resist, mostly physical since the majority of deaths will result in a Physical combo (though some combos include elemental attacks as well)...Focus on Physical Resist and Health. THis will keep you alive longer in order to produce your own offense and learn faster.

Find a weapon you like, they are pretty balanced except for a few user-friendly/OP weapons. Select one and practice with it.

Note the effects of each attack. WHat is the desired range you should stand when performing it? How long does it make you vulnerable? How quickly can it land? Can it be followed up?

As with ANY GoW game [] [] [] or [] [] /\ is a great base approach.

As already stated, note which attacks you can block, parry, or evade and the timing of it.

Watch what your opponent is doing so you can use the proper defense.

Sometimes the best defense is a quicker offense.

Eventually you'll graduate to different armor sets that forgo defense and add offense but you should really learn the basic attacks and combos before unleashing their true power.

SirCrush's Starter Guide™

Message 5 of 33 (928 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1202 posts

May 2, 2013
"As with ANY GoW game [] [] [] or [] [] /\ is a great base approach."
Not true at all. if anything, try to avoid these natural combos, as you will get your **bleep** handed to you if one is dodged/blocked!
Message 6 of 33 (915 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
202 posts

May 2, 2013
I will be nice Smiley Happy
I'm assuming u have played SP...
personally I would work on all of the diff combos & get a feel for the timing. With this game timing is key. Try diff weapons & find one that you like. Meaning sword, hammer or spear, as all of the combos are fairly similar with each class of weapon. Only difference is the L1 /\ & [] specials. then just get a feel for when enemies are vulnerable, esp wen they are blue or have a white(or red) halo over there head, as this is when u can grapple. each opponent will be diff so for me I mix it up, dont just keep doing the same thing & try to wait for them to miss (or u can parry or block) then attack b4 they recover. Also learn to use dodge/roll. I knw its kinda OP & sum ppl frown upon it but it is usful for getting away quickly if u see an opponent about to cast magic or land a L1-/\ or [] special, basically **bleep** quick lol.
Hope this was useful or helpful in any way im not the best lol
Message 7 of 33 (906 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
202 posts

May 2, 2013
Lol SirCrush I just noticed ur post "choose a weapon you like" haha... Srry bout the echo in here Smiley Tongue
Message 8 of 33 (905 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
202 posts

May 2, 2013
Lmao they bleeped g t f o Smiley Very Happy
Message 9 of 33 (898 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
26 posts

May 2, 2013

Would you guys consider running away from a fight thats, lets say 2v1 (im the "1"), as a "noob" thing to do? Or should i try and go up against them?

Lately, i've been running around smashing chests, capturing those alter things, and pick all of my fights carefully. I still have a .7 K/D and have quit ZERO times so far.

Message 10 of 33 (888 Views)
0 Likes