Apr 27 2013
By: ChonchMcJohnson First Son 4 posts

Hitboxes

3 replies 106 views Edited Apr 27, 2013

For all the boards I see about weapons/magic etc being overpowered, I'm surprised nobody else is talking about the hitboxes in this game.  THAT is what I consider the thing that needs fixing most.  I consistently get hit by people thrusting spears or swinging a sword on the ground while I am at the very top of a double jump, get killed by spikes when I'm clearly out of the way of the trap, fire traps stop any forward momentum even in midair, zeus magic pulls you in when youre well beyond the radius of the attack, when people throw the hammer it doesn't need to be within a country mile of the target they're going for.  And of course just in general, people clearly miss with their attacks and it counts it anyway.  This is especially bad with the cronos blade when they do the attack that swings and beams of light push your guy backwards, I often get thrown off the map by those beams of light that are a good 2 or 3 feet from even touching me.  I can deal with any of the other stuff, like spamming of a certain move or whatever, that is totally fine, because theres always stuff to counter those people, but theres simply no counter for bs hitboxes and getting hit by things that are nowhere near actually touching your character.

Message 1 of 4 (106 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5275 posts

Re: Hitboxes

Apr 27, 2013
I notice this also, but I think it has something to do with lag compensation.

Message 2 of 4 (89 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
869 posts

Apr 27, 2013

TomatoDragon wrote:
I notice this also, but I think it has something to do with lag compensation.

Yeah, in non-laggy games the hit detection/hitboxes seem fine.

Message 3 of 4 (81 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Survivor
2333 posts

Apr 27, 2013

I get annoyed by people on your own team pushing you out of the way of health or magic because they are surrounded by an invisible wall when near you. Thanks for pushing me into that trap, friend.

Message 4 of 4 (69 Views)
0 Likes