Highlighted
Jan 14 2013
By: Goldhawk1 Keyblade Wielder 10160 posts

Hey Tank, matchmaking...

4 replies 191 views Edited Jan 14, 2013

Matchmaking could use a fix.  Like all around.  

Since the 8th, I've been getting more well geared players and don't remember the last time I fought a shirtless foe which is a good thing.

But, there's a lot of problems with the matchmaking that I'd like to point out.

1. The matchmaking doesn't seem to be based off of connection.  Early on in the day I find very few laggy players but as I play throughout the day I notice more and more laggy players.  It's gotten to the point where enemies can't be grappled when they should be, I'm getting grappled even if I shouldn't be, attacks hitting me when they shouldn't, etc.  But the worst of it all is there are characters that are immune to attacks or just plain old freeze.  Whenever I sprint and quick attack ram people, they just freeze...they start to grab their weapon and just freeze then a split second later I'm getting attacked.  I notice this more and more.  There was one guy so bad, that every time we fought it was just a guess at who would get lucky.  We'd be swinging swords at eachother but doing no damage at all.  After a few seconds our bodies would be reacting as if we were fighting but then after all of that we'd go back to guessing whose connection would win them the battle.  

Not sure if it's my connection or the game... but it wasn't always this bad.  I used to be able to put up good fights but nowadays it feels like it's all useless because of lag.  Like many others have said the game has had its ups and downs with lag but there has to be something influencing it right?  The beginning of the beta was awesome and when you applied what was it... 1.08? the patch that fixed the grapple.  That was AWESOME.  Grappling made me feel like such a beast.  But then once the servers came back online...it just got so weird and it hasn't been the same since seems to just get worse every day.

2. Takes a bit to start the search sometimes.  Not talking about actually finding players but sometimes when you click on a mode (especially the quick match button)  it takes a while before it starts finding players.

3. Selecting a host should be smoother.  Currently I don't think many people knwo what's going on...they see all the players then it flashes black and they back out to start the search again.  Haven't seen any other game do this I'm sure it can be changed.  

4. Why in the hell does it feel the need to restart the search so much?  After a match, I'll be in the lobby with players I want to talk to then after a few seconds instead of finding that one extra guy we need, it boots the entire lobby.  Idc how long I have to wait as long as I'm talking to the people I want to talk to... 

Open beta bugs:

1. R1 seems bugged a bit.  There are times when I try to grapple someone and I push R1 and it doesn't even come out let alone grapple the wrong target.  It's also very hard to take over command posts and pick up world weapons with the way R1 is now.

2. Controls are mixed a bit sometimes.  Hasn't happened often for me, but earlier I was jumping and wasn't pushing anything and my character made this weird animation.  I don't remember it but I definitely didn't push anything.  What DOES happen to me a lot, is when I'm trying to throw a world weapon or parry, it likes to do crazy things like swing the hammer, jump and block, and other shinanigans.  

3. Friendly fire is messed up a bit.  Whenever Zeus players on MY team activate a magic attack, I start getting pulled into the blast.  I've been pulled into probably 3 of my team mate's vortex's today, and earlier one of my teammates put down a lightning mine and I got stuck in it as the enemies started beating me to death just slightly out of range of the mine.  

4. Detection with the environment is off a bit.  When climbing up to the platform that has the boots of hermes on them, lately I've noticed your character makes the crawl animation in the wrong place and has to start climbing again.  I also notice funny things like sliding along ledges you're trying to jump over or onto.  The bridge with the health fountain gives me a lot of trouble when trying to jump down to the lower checkpoint.  

5. Camera during the polyphemous kill likes to mess up.  It'll point to the whole platform that contains the checkpoint and the fire trap while one character stands in the corner next to the lever that activates the trap.  

6. Hyperion gate is a pain to use, usually have to jump about 7 times before it works.  

7. Spikes sometimes kill when they shouldn't.  I'll be on the outside of the spikes and walk up to them when they're activated and suddenly I'll die. 

Message 1 of 5 (191 Views)
Lombax Warrior
205 posts

Re: Hey Tank, matchmaking...

Jan 14, 2013
I've experienced all of these, except the friendly fire one (that I know of.)
Message 2 of 5 (183 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10160 posts

Jan 14, 2013
Yeah it's weird (the friendly fire one) but it's not like it's destroying me..other than that one time where the teammate got me caught in his lightning.

Unless of course the name tag was glitched and it was green instead of red, that happens a lot when they spawn... but the others (the vortex) were definitely teammates as I didn't get hit but did get vacuumed into the center.
Message 3 of 5 (179 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
241 posts

Jan 14, 2013

ive also ran into all of these except the friendly fire thing, also number 7 might be due to lag. Please change the lobby UI to allow us to see who the host is and all player latencey, i'd like to know if the host is running a poverty connection before the match starts.

Message 4 of 5 (171 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10160 posts

Jan 14, 2013

Grenix wrote:

ive also ran into all of these except the friendly fire thing, also number 7 might be due to lag. Please change the lobby UI to allow us to see who the host is and all player latencey, i'd like to know if the host is running a poverty connection before the match starts.

that would probably be some pretty bad lag because the spikes were activated for a while, I walked next to them and died.  That'd be some insane lag lol.  Then again the stuff I've seen on this game gets pretty crazy sometimes. 

Message 5 of 5 (167 Views)
0 Likes