Uncharted Territory
1892 posts

Re: Help on Sword and Spear

Aug 15, 2013

Nice to know! When I use the blade I also don't focus on PA. 10% is enough. I'll run Godly War Armor, Mantle and Manticore :smileyhappy:

I might even try to replace Manticore for Godly War Armor... However it's so ugly :smileytongue:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You were always Zeus' Favorite!

You were alway Zeus' favorite!

My channel: http://youtube.com/user/czeuch
Please use plain text.
Message 31 of 40 (88 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1892 posts

Aug 16, 2013
I've tried BoZ with 33% EA and it works pretty well indeed! I simple T, S, S, L1, L1+S combo might deal more than 50%.

I'll continue testing this build... The only issue is that my PR is only 9% now (10% when my mantle reach lvl 3).

Also I look ugly in that build :smileytongue:

The most cool looking build for Zeus, imo, is Athena, Godly Hercules, Manticore.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please use plain text.
Message 32 of 40 (76 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
125 posts

Aug 16, 2013

czeuch wrote:
You mean blade of zeus :smileytongue: I hate the sword.

Well, if I start getting parried, I fake with l1 cancel :smileytongue:

But if the guy don't bother parrying I'll keep slicing lol

But you're right, JS is too predictable.

I'll try out the l1+S instead of T. I use T to grapple since it ignores PR. Thanks raas :smileywink:

Try to use the delayed square with the sword, it's very effective  :smileywink:

If your opponent dodge it, grapple him.

If he parry/ block, you'll be able to combo him.

The only way to escape from this attack is jumping, but I usually change the patterns of my movements to be unpredictable.

It's an alternative way to start combos with swords, since people learned how to counter JS.

Please use plain text.
Message 33 of 40 (72 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
146 posts

Aug 16, 2013
"Lol I don't think Poseidon is going to be allowed...just because tanks SHOULD logically win 1v1 if both players have equal skill. So I don't really want people to cry op during the fight "

What kind of logic is that? In a perfectly balanced game that has reached Nash equilibrium, 2 equally skilled players, one using a "tank" and one using a "dps or damage dealer" the game should DRAW. Everytime. The damage absorbed by the tank should be nullified by the superior damage output of the dps, and blow for blow, they should lose health at an equal rate.

Tanks by definition have inferior damage output but this is not the case in GOWA, therefore this game is no where near Nash.
Please use plain text.
Message 34 of 40 (71 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1892 posts

Aug 16, 2013
Well, I don't want to be rude but I don't know Nash and I don't care much. This is not a MMO game.

I agree that Poseidon is superior overall, but he's not invincible and now Zeus has a nice way to kill him (silence debuff).

@Torto: do you mean hold S with the blade or sword? What does hold S with the sword do?

Please use plain text.
Message 35 of 40 (66 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
146 posts

Aug 16, 2013
You can apply game theory to any game that involves conscious agents making choices that affect the others decision making. Tank are dps are general terms but not exclusive to mmos.
Please use plain text.
Message 36 of 40 (62 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
125 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 16, 2013

czeuch wrote:
Well, I don't want to be rude but I don't know Nash and I don't care much. This is not a MMO game.

I agree that Poseidon is superior overall, but he's not invincible and now Zeus has a nice way to kill him (silence debuff).

@Torto: do you mean hold S with the blade or sword? What does hold S with the sword do?

Not really, there is no hold square in the delayed square.

You just press square, wait one second (more or less), and hit square again, you will release a fast block breaker attack in the ground. It's very useful.

EDIT: all blades and swords have this movement.

Please use plain text.
Message 37 of 40 (61 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1892 posts

Aug 16, 2013
Hey Torto, I read your post too fast. I know the delayed S. All weapons have it, though the effect is different on each of them (i.e. charge hammer).

It's good to use against heavy still blockers. I prefer to hold S, but I'll try delay S more often. I'll make a list of the tips people gave on this thread :smileytongue:

Thanks dude!

Please use plain text.
Message 38 of 40 (56 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1892 posts

Aug 16, 2013
As a summary, that would be it I guess:

* Watch out for baiting, mainly into corners;
* Be more patient
* Extend combos with L1 cancel
* Vary from JS, to hold S, to delay S
* Against JS, block and go for X, S, S, R1

Please use plain text.
Message 39 of 40 (53 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
146 posts

Aug 16, 2013
The delay square with all weapons in general screams "jump slice me". It takes too long. 1 second is a long time. Against a compenent player with decent reaction time it's useless
Please use plain text.
Message 40 of 40 (44 Views)
0 Likes