Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Wastelander
673 posts

Re: Help Flint not suck!

Mar 19, 2013

So I have been playing all day and am getting a bit better...but MANOMAN due some people just destroy in this game. I can't tell if any allegiances are more powerful, in general, but Zeus magic and spears infuriate me...I will eventually get a Zeus going and practice more with the spear, but I suck with the spear as of now.

Getting only slightly better at getting out of someone comboing the heck outta me...but there are still times where it's impossible.

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 17 (227 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
869 posts

Mar 20, 2013

Remember, Zeus has a low health penalty...he is quite easy to dispatch but he can make life miserable if you don't avoid his offense lol

Other tips would depend on your weapon of choice...swords are good for jump attacks, hammers for ringouts, spears for being annoying in the right situations, their length takes some practice to attack with and defend against.

Also try mixing up your loadouts. It seems to be less effective than going for all out offense but it helps to stay alive and achieve kills or even take on more than one at a time if you have decent all-around defense.

Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 17 (111 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11683 posts

Mar 20, 2013

^Could u suggest whether dodging or blocking works better against them when they wield spears

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 17 (109 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
79 posts

Mar 20, 2013
Hi Flint,
Im here to help You not suck! So put that frown upside down, cause you're going to ROCK! First of all, the basics, like the famous Karate Kid - wax on, wax of is your first lesson. In other words, DODGE!

1. Don't afraid to evade if you're getting cornered, don't abuse it tho as you might be an easy pray for grapple tether but in most cases it's your escape card that might save your arse more times than you think.
2. Choose your God wisely - and I highly recommand that you pledge your allegiance to Poseidon, which will drastically improve your survivalability due to high phisical defense and big pool of health. Once you defeat 100 oponents you will unlock full set of Battle Armour of Poseidon which you should equip and make your God proud.
3. If you're being hit by first 2 attacks try to parry them (L1 +X ) if unseccessful then next incoming attack will be on 90% block breaker, in that situation reffer to point 1.
4. HOLD L1 (block) as often as possible, you have access to 2 special skills associated with weapon of your choice (L1 +Square, Triangle) and if they're not ready to use due to cooldown, then in worst case, you will block most random attacks. What weapon is the best for you I can't really tell. See what works for you, slow but devastating hammers, quick swords/blades or crowd controll spears.
5. Be aware of your surrounding - don't just run like fool around the map, know whats where, use traps, replenish health and magic, pick up power weapons and if the timer (which you could see below your special attacks) for that particualr weapon is almost over throw it for maximum damage (L1 + O).
6. Advance combo training:
If you want to be good in 1v1, you can't simply button mash. You need to learn what attacks are good in what situation.
Light beats heavy, heavy beats block, parry beath light.
Also the colour of your enemy is your best indicator, if he's red - unblockable is going to destroy your face - DODGE!
If he's blue -recovering - now's your chance!
White halo - grapple him, if you manage to launch him, give him 2 quick hits before grappling for effective combo.
If you're being spammed with combo, at one point you will notice white aura on your character - tap Square for quick combo-breaker and land your next attack heavy to confuse him and unleash special move (L1 +S, T)
Magic is very important, some relics especially in Poseidon case are very good. Such as Relic of Regeneration, which will replenish some magic on every grapple/throw. Use that with Blade of Poseidon which has both special moves that are launching enemies sky-high and grapple the hell out of them to top up your mana. Cycle between magic/special moves like a boss and you will be force to be reckoned with.

And one last most important lesson: Practice makes perfect! :smileywink:
Life's a Game
Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 17 (107 Views)
Fender Bender
3054 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 20, 2013

POL_SouL wrote:
Hi Flint,
Im here to help You not suck! So put that frown upside down, cause you're going to ROCK! 

Now THAT'S what I call encouragement! :smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 17 (104 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
673 posts

Mar 20, 2013
Thanks so far, people!
Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 17 (86 Views)
0 Likes