Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Sep 07 2013
By: CharlesChamp Uncharted Territory 1532 posts

Hardcore Fans Listen Up...

31 replies 11941 views Edited Sep 7, 2013
Bare with Me...

If you are a hardcore gamer then you are playing 3-5 days a week whether you thought last patch was great or it **bleep** you off to no end. SSM knows this, and that is why you are not the ones they are trying to please.

You just know that bugs/issues are just awful, but you play it regardless, because your hardcore and will always play GowA. Why would SSM try to make the people they know will play happy anyways?

They need to focus on those fickle fans who might be turned off by one bad string of DLC. People who are on the fence about GowA might be made into a fan easier with a great accessible Xp boosters, Olympus Armors, and Gaunlets than they would with a hardcore fan grinding out XP without ever buying one DLC

But the fans who come and go are the really important ones. SSM wants those fans to develop into hardcore fans so they can write them off and move onto the next wishy-washy player. It's all a matter of analytics and conversion.

This is not an insult towards hardcore players by SSM. This is basic business. Companies spend more to gain new customers than they do to keep loyal customers because they have to. The same logic applies to fans of GowA, or any game company for that matter.

SSM also wants to get those people who have never played GowA to play and start liking the game, and in order to do that they need to appeal to a wide range of people.

You're going to play GowA no matter what they do, so SSM can only hope that what appeals to the masses and what appeals to the hardcore players happens to new fans from time to time.

Have you ever tried to get a large group of people agree on what to put on a pizza? Try getting all hardcore fans to agree on something and then tell me pizza is a challenge.

What you want is different from what I want, and what I want is different from what the next guy wants. Why bother trying to appeal to a group of people who don't even share a common opinion?

We all like GowA. It's what binds us together as a community, but it is literally the last thing we have in common.

GowA fanbase consists of people from every age, race, gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation and any other classification you can use to divide people on a census form. The hardcore fanbase is just as diverse, and we are all stubborn and opinionated about everything when it comes to GowA.

The funny thing about the forums is that some people do not even realize they belong to it. Every week there are threads that will have opposing opinions on SSM. One will praise SSM and the hardcore will criticize him.

Do we hate SSM or love SSM? It's neither and it's both at the same time. Even if we do agree on something, it is only a matter of time before half of us change our minds for no reason.
Message 1 of 32 (11,941 Views)
Last Guardian
11741 posts

Re: Hardcore Fans Listen Up...

Sep 7, 2013

CharlesChamp wrote:
Bare with Me...

If you are a hardcore gamer then you are playing 3-5 days a week whether you thought last patch was great or it **bleep** you off to no end. SSM knows this, and that is why you are not the ones they are trying to please.

You just know that bugs/issues are just awful, but you play it regardless, because your hardcore and will always play GowA. Why would SSM try to make the people they know will play happy anyways?

They need to focus on those fickle fans who might be turned off by one bad string of DLC. People who are on the fence about GowA might be made into a fan easier with a great accessible Xp boosters, Olympus Armors, and Gaunlets than they would with a hardcore fan grinding out XP without ever buying one DLC

But the fans who come and go are the really important ones. SSM wants those fans to develop into hardcore fans so they can write them off and move onto the next wishy-washy player. It's all a matter of analytics and conversion.

This is not an insult towards hardcore players by SSM. This is basic business. Companies spend more to gain new customers than they do to keep loyal customers because they have to. The same logic applies to fans of GowA, or any game company for that matter.

SSM also wants to get those people who have never played GowA to play and start liking the game, and in order to do that they need to appeal to a wide range of people.

You're going to play GowA no matter what they do, so SSM can only hope that what appeals to the masses and what appeals to the hardcore players happens to new fans from time to time.

Have you ever tried to get a large group of people agree on what to put on a pizza? Try getting all hardcore fans to agree on something and then tell me pizza is a challenge.

What you want is different from what I want, and what I want is different from what the next guy wants. Why bother trying to appeal to a group of people who don't even share a common opinion?

We all like GowA. It's what binds us together as a community, but it is literally the last thing we have in common.

GowA fanbase consists of people from every age, race, gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation and any other classification you can use to divide people on a census form. The hardcore fanbase is just as diverse, and we are all stubborn and opinionated about everything when it comes to GowA.

The funny thing about the forums is that some people do not even realize they belong to it. Every week there are threads that will have opposing opinions on SSM. One will praise SSM and the hardcore will criticize him.

Do we hate SSM or love SSM? It's neither and it's both at the same time. Even if we do agree on something, it is only a matter of time before half of us change our minds for no reason.

this post = wisdom.

kudos

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 2 of 32 (11,937 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1660 posts

Sep 7, 2013

very well said good sir

- CPT of the Lomabax Preatorian Guard

"don't forget to buy poison arrows in order to f**k you chair"- epic name bro
Message 3 of 32 (11,930 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
680 posts

Sep 7, 2013
I really don't have the courage and patience to read your whole post but I get the idea...... generally. Can u sum it it up in a few sentences? :smileyhappy:
Message 4 of 32 (11,900 Views)
Wastelander
680 posts

Sep 7, 2013
ahhhh i got it now. I'm too fed up with my research that looking at a long post makes me nervous :smileyhappy:

but well said! :smileyhappy: Still, I fear your words will fall into deaf ears again.
I don't think many will give a thought about what you says. There're decent people, pretenders, children playing 18+ game,........... and morons.
Message 5 of 32 (11,883 Views)
Lombax Warrior
158 posts

Sep 7, 2013

sorry but "the fans that come and go" are irrelevant. No matter what SSM does those people won't like the game. SSM should concentrate on strengthening the bond between themselves and their fans  not "reach a broader audience".

Message 6 of 32 (11,877 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
325 posts

Sep 7, 2013

Very good point man. Definitely agreed. Kudos

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 7 of 32 (11,862 Views)
Wastelander
765 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 7, 2013

Your the savior of this community you analysed everything and came up with a conclusion for the community.. we dont need SSM we need you CHAMP! XD

Seriously agree with you bro i think we can never like the same thing no matter what which p*sses me off since i wanted a game FULL OF COMBOS not Button bash :[ and jumping freaks 

But well said man 

Message 8 of 32 (11,841 Views)
Wastelander
765 posts

Sep 7, 2013

In*ucking Deed!! XD

Message 9 of 32 (11,831 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
54 posts