Jan 11 2013
By: FallenAssassin_9 First Son 22 posts

Hammers

7 replies 213 views Edited Jan 11, 2013

I personally feel like the hammers should be nerfed a bit before the finally game, maybe you could lower there attack speed a bit but they just seem a bit to op with how it is almost impossible to tell what attacks are block/parrie able and which aren't.

- FallenAssassin_9
Message 1 of 8 (213 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
205 posts

Re: Hammers

Jan 11, 2013
You shouldn't nerf something just because it is unfamiliar. You'll get used to the weapons if you try them yourself. Swords are already significantly faster than hammers.

If hammer speed is nerfed then swords will win every exchange, in addition to doing faster damage.
Message 2 of 8 (206 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Jan 11, 2013

And speaking of hammers, I finally got the third piece to the Minotaur Hammer, but it didn't unlock, and now it says that I still only have 2/3 pieces for it.

Message 3 of 8 (185 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
205 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 11, 2013

The image for piece 2 is bugged. It fills in the entire picture as if you'd obtained all three. Just get another one, you'll unlock it.

Message 4 of 8 (166 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Keyblade Wielder
9839 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 11, 2013

I have to disagree with nerfing the hammer. Because:

1. Hammers are lower priority in combat. Swords will attack OVER hammer attacks

2. Hammers are insanely easy to avoid and parry. Most hammer users will start out with a square attack because the triangle attack just slams the hammer down to the ground.

3. A lot less combos. Hammers may have a bit stronger combos, but swords and dribble opponents and do all kinds of crazy crap. Really annoying.

4. Hammers don't have a block breaker

5. The flame DoT doesn't always stick to the opponent

6. I don't use swords much, but the hammer seems to have a weaker launcher grapple attack, though it does smack them off the map easier than a sword.

Though I think the specials for the minotaur hammer and the gladiator hammer do need to be looked into.  These things have crazy specials.  

Message 5 of 8 (152 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
347 posts

Jan 11, 2013

Goldhawk1 wrote:

I have to disagree with nerfing the hammer. Because:

1. Hammers are lower priority in combat. Swords will attack OVER hammer attacks

2. Hammers are insanely easy to avoid and parry. Most hammer users will start out with a square attack because the triangle attack just slams the hammer down to the ground.

3. A lot less combos. Hammers may have a bit stronger combos, but swords and dribble opponents and do all kinds of crazy crap. Really annoying.

4. Hammers don't have a block breaker

5. The flame DoT doesn't always stick to the opponent

6. I don't use swords much, but the hammer seems to have a weaker launcher grapple attack, though it does smack them off the map easier than a sword.

Though I think the specials for the minotaur hammer and the gladiator hammer do need to be looked into.  These things have crazy specials.  

The minotaur and gladiator hammer do have crazy specials, but people abuse tem. They just run, hide in a blind spot and do that attack. If it doesn't worked, they usually run to the other side and do the same. I'm not saying all hammer players do that, but I've found a lot that do it.

Message 6 of 8 (144 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9839 posts

Jan 11, 2013
yeah, still ridiculous though, you can combo like mad with the minotaur hammer because it has 2 launchers and the gladiator hammer also has 2 launchers...one of which is a HUGE undodgable AoE.
Message 7 of 8 (141 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
205 posts

Jan 11, 2013

i don't think the minatour hammer is too bad because i use it but i just started to i prob dont know how to combo well with it but i do agree that hammers DO NOT need a nerf, if anything is getting nerfed its the swords especially blade of athena. gladiator hammer is a problem though i will admit it has to be fixed to make the game balanced

0 Likes