Jan 10 2013
By: Deverran First Son 1 posts

Hammers being OP?

5 replies 151 views Edited Jan 10, 2013

I fought nothing but hammer wielders and I personally like the sword, but the hammer users can do shockwaves repeatedly and I can't get away or attack. I didn't even have the chance to use parry. Also when people do combos it gives a moment for you to recover and I didn't even get recoveries. One of the magic for Zeus is the Earth Slam with the hammer I think? I can't block or parry that and people can block and parry my magic attacks. I enjoy this game and I look forward to it's release

Message 1 of 6 (151 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
241 posts

Re: Hammers being OP?

Jan 10, 2013

nope , nothing to see here . move along Smiley Very Happy

Message 2 of 6 (149 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
24 posts

Jan 11, 2013

As a hammer user myself. The hammer is strong but very easy to counter, since the build up for a special takes a long time. Anybody can just evade me + circle and combo me to oblivion.

Message 3 of 6 (137 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
137 posts

Jan 11, 2013

hammer is slower and does no more noticeable damage than the sword. If anything it needs a buff

Message 4 of 6 (120 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
205 posts

Jan 11, 2013
Hammers in general are fine where they are at. Specific hammers might benefit from some minor changes (Barbarian Hammer), but you are sacrificing speed for extensive ringout potential and better crowd control.
Message 5 of 6 (112 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10160 posts

Jan 11, 2013
The only advantage the hammer has...the ONLY advantage it has...is that you can knock people off the map easier.

I'm getting fed up with all the "omg hammer is OP" complaints because its ridiculous. You can easily avoid every hammer attack, swords have priority in battle meaning if a sword and hammer collide the sword wins, sword has so many more combos and a block breaker..

Hammers are fine, if you don't know how to fight against them how the hell are you going to fight someone who is good at using a sword?
Message 6 of 6 (106 Views)
0 Likes