Apr 25 2013
By: SILVERX200 Survivor 2330 posts

Hammer throw/Spear/Medusa Head

5 replies 522 views Edited Apr 25, 2013

The hit detection for these items seems really bad. I wasted so many world weapons when thrown because they never go in the direction I throw. Hammers literally arc downward 5 feet from me when aimed at an enemy, spears fly right past people I'm aiming at, and Medusa head gets wasted because the beam goes right through players.

Even throwing L1+O for spear often results in very odd placement of the torrent.

Message 1 of 6 (522 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1944 posts

Re: Hammer throw/Spear/Medusa Head

Apr 25, 2013

Yeah the clubs are such a pain to hit someone with, u usually somehow throw it in a different direction or somehow it loses its range.

When I discard the spear, 80% of the time it doesnt even take any damage on the person even though it was raining over them perfectly. It drives me crazy cuz they should have died through it and it is impossible for me to dodge a discarded spear, I die from it no matter what.

I hate the Medusa's Head I only gotten to freeze about 4 ppl with it. Its weird cuz the beam would hit them but they dont turn to stone, but they always turn me to stone when I get hit by it.

These are some reasons why Im not much of a fan on using world weapons.

Message 2 of 6 (513 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
501 posts

Apr 25, 2013
I've had problems with the spear a lot. Grapple animations as well as some sword special animations make the player invincible for the brief second of animation and I've wasted many a world weapon because of that.
Message 3 of 6 (508 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
973 posts

Apr 25, 2013

My biggest problem is throwing the hammer, but I think it is because I jump before throwing it most time. I'll try throwing this without jumping more often to see if the accuracy improves, I think it does but I'm not sure.

signature.jpg

Message 4 of 6 (496 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
396 posts

Apr 28, 2013
It is pretty funny when you jump and do L1+O with world hammer when the enemy is running under your feet (or dodging), you literally throw the hammer between your legs like a homing missile.

But yeah the accuracy of these things is pretty bad. Oh, only just a few days ago found out that you can actually hold O with the hammer to do a slam to the ground from the air with an area of effect, almost like holding O when on ground.
Message 5 of 6 (441 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Uncharted Territory
1511 posts

Apr 28, 2013

Hahah oh yes I love it when my hammer throw ends up on the other side of the map too.

Message 6 of 6 (440 Views)
0 Likes