Lombax Warrior
109 posts

Re: Hammer: the noob weapon

Jan 5, 2013

Blade of ares I believe. I like all of the swords for ares I hate playing as my zeus but i just do it for the sake of the beta testing other than that its all swords for my lvl 24 ares

Kings are Made in WAR- Leader of Team Street Killas
http://www.youtube.com/user/kingParkerTSK
Message 11 of 41 (258 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
137 posts

Jan 6, 2013

I prefer hammers which is why it bothers me that so many of them are just useless. I wind up using swords because they just work better

Message 12 of 41 (248 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
347 posts

Jan 6, 2013

vyrsai wrote:

I prefer hammers which is why it bothers me that so many of them are just useless. I wind up using swords because they just work better

Afree hammers don't have a mayor use at this game, swords are by far better weapons than the hammer due to they do the same the hammer does but faster. But i think thats no reason to do what most people are doing with the hammer. Also i've seen that Zeus' players do that with Zeus' sword, they go to a place where you can't see them and charge the L1+/\ attack letting you in the air open for a deadly grapple. 

I think the hammer attack should knock people for 1 sec if they hit, that would complement the fact that swords are faster.

Message 13 of 41 (245 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
787 posts

Jan 6, 2013

The L1+Triangle is easily avoided,  it leaves the enemy vulnerable for a few seconds and can easily be punished by good players. 

Maybe the Hammer users arnt the noobs here alacarpa Smiley Wink

Message 14 of 41 (234 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
347 posts

Jan 6, 2013

Don't you read?. I've said that you can't see them while they charge so there is no possible way to avoid if you don't know what they're doing or will do...

They stay in this points where the camera don't show them and stay there until you get close enough to use this attack.

Message 15 of 41 (229 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
157 posts

Jan 6, 2013

alacarpa wrote:

Don't you read?. I've said that you can't see them while they charge so there is no possible way to avoid if you don't know what they're doing or will do...

They stay in this points where the camera don't show them and stay there until you get close enough to use this attack.

Dont bother, he is one of those that abuse it. Those Zeus players must have their screen zoomed way out, because as soon as I see them, they use that move, as if they were waiting.

Message 16 of 41 (219 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
787 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 6, 2013

Alright so if you know this, why do you keep falling for it. Obviously you recognize it, so change up your strategy a bit. I was pointing out that if they miss, you can punish them so hard for it. So the hammer has its advantages and disadvantages like every other weapon.

And Rich, no I dont abuse it. 

Message 17 of 41 (217 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
157 posts

Jan 6, 2013

vyrsai wrote:

The hammers are pretty much underpowered. A fun fact..... a sword user using jump triangle will have priority and interupt ANY hammer move, no matter if they clash together. As a matter of fact, the sword has priority over the majority, if not all, of the hammer's moves. They need to buff up the hammer, so that the hammer has more priority since it is slower to use, and has less combo potential.

Message 18 of 41 (211 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
347 posts

Jan 6, 2013

DelSol-97- wrote:

Alright so if you know this, why do you keep falling for it. Obviously you recognize it, so change up your strategy a bit. I was pointing out that if they miss, you can punish them so hard for it. So the hammer has its advantages and disadvantages like every other weapon.

And Rich, no I dont abuse it. 

It happen to me twice, then every time some guy do that i just get out of the fight... Why losing my time?, when i finally get to combo him he press L2 and run again to that spot, so i just get out and go help my team or attack another plater(favor of the gods).

But hammer has more disadvantage than advantage, i think if the hammer would be more balanced people won't see the necessity to go for a noob tactic like that. I say this because i've used the hammer and trying to combo like when i do with sword just sucks, the sword is a lot faster.

Message 19 of 41 (202 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
137 posts

Jan 6, 2013

alacarpa wrote:

YEah, I've never seen this before and I've been in the beta for a long time

Message 20 of 41 (195 Views)
0 Likes