Hekseville Citizen
347 posts

Re: Hammer: the noob weapon

Jan 6, 2013

vyrsai wrote:

alacarpa wrote:

Don't you read?. I've said that you can't see them while they charge so there is no possible way to avoid if you don't know what they're doing or will do...

They stay in this points where the camera don't show them and stay there until you get close enough to use this attack.

YEah, I've never seen this before and I've been in the beta for a long time

Good for you, because it's really annoying, it happen most at favor of the gods, with a small field and a small camera caption. 

Message 21 of 41 (272 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10160 posts

Jan 6, 2013
With the hammer, L1 + triangle is really all you can do. Most of my opponents can parry me without making a parry animation or having the light shield around you... it's just so crazy fast.

Then you have the DoT that rarely sticks and only works with a square attack...an attack that can be blocked and parried...

Then there's the parryable L1 + square special....

If you try to attack you always have to get in a launcher or heavy attack, in which case it's mega easy to avoid, just evade once and the hammer user is pretty much useless though then again the same can be said about the sword.

Hammer has almost no advantages really, other than a quick and easy combo that you can do to the AI but have only gotten it to work once on players because they fly back too far. Sword is fast, has block breakers... a couple easy combos that I won't go in to.

Really all hammer users have that is reliable is the L1 + triangle, and the grapple doesn't always work if you time it wrong for some reason it bounces off, even though from the beginning of the attack they should be able to be grappled. When the grapple DOES work, the damage is insanely weak! Takes out less health than and item gives... a zeus item gives twice as much, if not more than that in health so it's not like it's a huge loss.
Message 22 of 41 (264 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
157 posts

Jan 6, 2013

alacarpa wrote:

vyrsai wrote:

alacarpa wrote:

Don't you read?. I've said that you can't see them while they charge so there is no possible way to avoid if you don't know what they're doing or will do...

They stay in this points where the camera don't show them and stay there until you get close enough to use this attack.

Good for you, because it's really annoying, it happen most at favor of the gods, with a small field and a small camera caption. 

now that you mention it, I was in a match where 1 guy kept using the gladitaor hammer, and only the specials. It had crazy range, especially the L1 triangle. You could not even dodge the move since the radius was so great.

Message 23 of 41 (251 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
347 posts

Jan 7, 2013

RichYungThaBest wrote:

alacarpa wrote:

vyrsai wrote:

alacarpa wrote:

now that you mention it, I was in a match where 1 guy kept using the gladitaor hammer, and only the specials. It had crazy range, especially the L1 triangle. You could not even dodge the move since the radius was so great.

See... its annoying but also kind of fanny since they're desperate and if you manage to evade they just go running lol. I guess i'll create some kind of tactic with this because even if you evade they press R1 and grapple you so it's almost a flawlless 'combo'.

Message 24 of 41 (237 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Jan 7, 2013

So I'm very knew to the God of War world but I have got to level 29 zeus and 23 ares on this beta...Sure most people with hammers do a knock up and grab over and over.. However the only real thing regarding weapons that pisses me off to no end is the way a sword can dribble someone like a freaking basketball. Like I said, I'm knew to GoW so maybe that's a pretty common tactic since the first game. It's retarded. There is absolutely no way of getting out of it if your L2 escape move is on cooldown and there is no sense in it. It's a weird mechanic to put into the game. To make the dribbling worse, zeus' lightning storm enables the user to just hit square on the person they zapped and start the bounce process without even using triangle to get it started. Maybe you guys are used to it, but it's insanely annoying.

Message 25 of 41 (226 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10160 posts

Jan 7, 2013

Miadous wrote:

So I'm very knew to the God of War world but I have got to level 29 zeus and 23 ares on this beta...Sure most people with hammers do a knock up and grab over and over.. However the only real thing regarding weapons that pisses me off to no end is the way a sword can dribble someone like a freaking basketball. Like I said, I'm knew to GoW so maybe that's a pretty common tactic since the first game. It's retarded. There is absolutely no way of getting out of it if your L2 escape move is on cooldown and there is no sense in it. It's a weird mechanic to put into the game. To make the dribbling worse, zeus' lightning storm enables the user to just hit square on the person they zapped and start the bounce process without even using triangle to get it started. Maybe you guys are used to it, but it's insanely annoying.

Not all swords do it either, that's the thing.  People love spamming the weapons that take advantage of the i-frames not showing up when they should.  

Thing with the hammer is, all of its moves are so easy to avoid and the sword seems to just be better at a lot of things.  

Message 26 of 41 (216 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1499 posts

Jan 7, 2013

Goldhawk1 wrote:

Miadous wrote:

Not all swords do it either, that's the thing.  People love spamming the weapons that take advantage of the i-frames not showing up when they should.  

Thing with the hammer is, all of its moves are so easy to avoid and the sword seems to just be better at a lot of things.  

I can combo easier with hammer than sword, besides jump /\ [] [], I don't know any sword combos, with my Minotaur hammer I do L1+[] [] [] L1+/\ hold /\ [] grapple but sometimes launch doesn't work and my favorite is when they automatically know who you are and do a specific strategy against you........if it wasn't for stupid weird gravity, you could do even more air combos

Signature Quote:
I love Leia, especially the way she extends my staff
Message 27 of 41 (213 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10160 posts

Jan 7, 2013

SovereignSky wrote:

Goldhawk1 wrote:

Miadous wrote:

I can combo easier with hammer than sword, besides jump /\ [] [], I don't know any sword combos, with my Minotaur hammer I do L1+[] [] [] L1+/\ hold /\ [] grapple but sometimes launch doesn't work and my favorite is when they automatically know who you are and do a specific strategy against you........if it wasn't for stupid weird gravity, you could do even more air combos

The jump triangle is very good though, it's an insanely good tactic to use.  You can't do that with the hammer.  The sword also has unparryable square moves if you time the square button just right.  Plus a block breaking hold square.

Everyone always dodges my heavy attacks with the hammer, gets pretty old.  L1+triangle is the only thing I can really rely on to deal damage.  

Message 28 of 41 (209 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1499 posts

Jan 7, 2013

Goldhawk1 wrote:

SovereignSky wrote:

Goldhawk1 wrote:

Miadous wrote:

The jump triangle is very good though, it's an insanely good tactic to use.  You can't do that with the hammer.  The sword also has unparryable square moves if you time the square button just right.  Plus a block breaking hold square.

Everyone always dodges my heavy attacks with the hammer, gets pretty old.  L1+triangle is the only thing I can really rely on to deal damage.  

Unparryable [] moves? I don't do heavy attacks with hammer unless it's launcher, i prefer swords to hammer but dat combo!

Signature Quote:
I love Leia, especially the way she extends my staff
Message 29 of 41 (203 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Keyblade Wielder
10160 posts

Jan 7, 2013
I like to do heavy attacks when some people try too hard to parry, it's funny.

But yeah, there's a certain way to get unparryable square moves...
Message 30 of 41 (200 Views)
0 Likes