Viddik wrote:

disturbeddude101 wrote:

In the new interview Todd Papy, he said there were 4 types of warriors:

• Physical Power (Ares)
  • Physical Resistance (Poseidon?)
  • Elemetal Power (Zeus)
  • Elemental Resistance (Hades?)

So I think here's how it will balance out:

Zeus>Ares, Hades>Zeus, and I'm not sure about the rest lol.

Really? What an atrocious idea. There goes balance out the window. Here I was hoping they'd just have two physical (Ares. Hades) to magical (Zeus. Poseidon). Trying to create def classes leans too close to trinity systems in MMORPG's. A horribly flawed inspiration for a fighting game.

I think that's wrong cause Poseidon clearly screams resistance and magic ice picks I said sound more likely to absorb damage than give, and no it's not an atrocious idea, you have to sacrifice stuff always, to survive against a Zeus in beta, you pretty much need ful Morpheus armor(430 E. resist) cause it cuts damage by at least half, it worked really well on my Ares, however I think P. resist is not working as intended cause there's no difference seen in P. Resist/ No P. Resist ratio as oppossed to E. Resist, I think Poseidon might have over 500 E. Resist OR they can do the cool thing and make full game armors even more balanced so we don't sacrifice power ie. give Poseidon' armor E. Resist AND Power

Signature Quote:
I love Leia, especially the way she extends my staff
Message 21 of 28 (319 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
169 posts

Re: Hades and Poseidon future thoughts etc

Jan 17, 2013
The fact you need to stack any kind of resist armor just to defeat one kind of enemy specifically is why it's an atrocious and unbalanced idea. It's an archaic design that started in early RPG's and by all rights should have died there, not spread to a fighting game/rpg hybrid.
Message 22 of 28 (310 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
13 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 17, 2013

In the video below (@ 1:10), the developer basically says that a player aligning with Hades will be stealthy and have good burst damage.

As for Poseidon, I suspect his allegiance will offer great magic defense and good crowd control to counter melee characters.

Message 23 of 28 (306 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4062 posts

Jan 17, 2013

I noticed that phys def doesn't do much also. People still take off the same amount even though a full Skorpian armor set (lvl 3) along with Athena's blade (lvl 3) has a total of 350 phys def. Kinda odd. Makes the armor near useless, unless you want cooldown (which is also a unnoticable).

photo Sig_zps70d8d3f0.jpg
Message 24 of 28 (302 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
151 posts

Jan 21, 2013

can u post a link to the dev diary ur talking about plzzz

Message 25 of 28 (267 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
13 posts

Jan 21, 2013

Cool Hades relic I made up?

Relic of Undeath:

Rank I: Always appear at full health to enemy players and Physical Resist.png +10% when below 50% health.

Rank II: Always appear at full health to enemy players and Physical Resist.png +20% when below 50% health.

Rank III: Always appear at full health to enemy players and Physical Resist.png +30% when below 50% health.

*Notes:

- In case someone mininterprets the function of this relic, your true health is accurately displayed to both you and your allies. However, your health will be displayed as full to enemy players regardless of damage taken.

- Hades was known for trickery in Greek mythology so this passive fits him well and can be useful in a couple of different scenarios:

1) If you're fighting an enemy player and they reach less than (let's say) 30% health, even if your health is      less than theirs, they will not know, and will probably run. This will give you ample time to either go in for the kill or escape as well.

2) If you're fighting alongside teammates and have a small amount of health, enemy players won't immediately focus their attacks on you to get an easy kill. This scenario also allows you to escape or continue fighting relatively unharassed.

- However, there's one con to this mechanic as new players will think that you're hacking...

Message 26 of 28 (260 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5591 posts

Jan 21, 2013

@alacarpa 4 Times In A Row ?!?

You Might Be Exaggerating There By A Lot, If Anything Maybe 3 Times And Thats If The Zeus Warrior Has The Relic Of Chance Upgraded To Level 3.

And If A Zeus Warrior Has No Magic And Does Not Have The 'Essence Of Hyperion' Item Equiped, Then He Is In For A World Of Pain !

And Those "Sucking Magics" Are Actually Just 1, Which Is The Lighning Storm Magic .

Maybe Those Particular Zeus Warriors Have The Hammer of Zeus Equiped And Use The L1 + Triangle Attack To "Suck In" Those Foes .

By The Way I Don't Want To Sound Defensive, Just My Two Cents . Smiley Tongue

TLoU GotY 2013 .
Message 27 of 28 (242 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Mar 10, 2013

Poseidon is strong but in the end? , Or the best is ares? , I did not understand, tips for choosing a god with good physical strength but also good to collect the shots? , sorry my english i'm italian

Message 28 of 28 (189 Views)
0 Likes