Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Dec 23 2012
By: DaJizzle Wastelander 739 posts

Grappling, Sprinting, and Upgrades

13 replies 153 views Edited Dec 23, 2012

I know this has been called to attention before, but I believe it needs to be addressed again. I'm pretty sure this is probably a bug/glitch. When battling an opponent (free for all or team favor) and you stun them, the word STUNNED shows up and of course you are supposed to be able to execute a brutal kill. But, they're not stunned at all or are stunned for a very brief moment (and I mean BRIEF).

This allows them to continue to battle you when they are supposed to be stunned. It has resulted in some cheap deaths for me. When I'm STUNNED, I AM STUNNED. My opponent easily carries out their brutal kill on me, which is fair. I think this needs to be addressed. My opponent would have just a fraction of life (obviously) and I've had as much as a full bar at times.

Another thing is the sprint, and I'm guilty of this as well. I think it gives too much of an advantage in an escape situation. Imagine getting the drop on an opponent with the hammer world weapon in corner only for them to sprint to safety very easily after you noticed that they've sprinted into danger to begin with.

I think the sprint needs to adjusted much like the other special attacks where a cool down is involved. I think you should be able to use, but not as frequent as it currently stands. I've literally seen someone sprint for nearly the entire match.

Also, I haven't been able to upgrade certain relics, etc. even though I'm at the proper level and have enough coins to do so. I'll press square to do the upgrade, but it'll never take.

Anyone else experiencing similar?

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 14 (153 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
9668 posts

Re: Grappling, Sprinting, and Upgrades

Dec 23, 2012
I know exactly what you mean about the brutal kill thing...my god I hate that. They'll be ready for you to kill and they'll just stand up and actually...literally GAIN health back and start fighting again. Most of the time they're immune for a couple seconds. This one guy today, I had to put him down in the brutal kill position FOUR times before I could kill him, I even had a team mate there trying to help me...

idk about the sprint, it never works for me...they always barely hit me with a weapon while I'm a few feet away and that makes me stop enough to the point where they catch up and kill me anyway. When they sprint though, they always get away.
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 14 (143 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
296 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 23, 2012

The stunned prompt is glitched at times and sprint is fine. Grapple counters sprint and dodge mechanics, ie I actually think the game rewards/focuses much more on aggressive playstyles than defensive ones. You touch sprint you basically turn the game into whoever combos someone first wins...Grapply is actually so overpower you are better off using block/parry and walk/jump at normal speeds, otherwise you constantly get pulled in from grapples which might I add have invincibility frames/animations just like a brutal kill does. In GOW currently always try and use a move that envoles an animation ie, it's untouchable and invincibile. Probably something that will be constantly brought up in the future as it buys you character and team time to handle any other players in the area without you taking damage.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 14 (137 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9668 posts

Dec 23, 2012
you've got a point cap, but I can hardly grapple anyone who's running away since 1.08. It travels a lot shorter distance it seems.
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 14 (129 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
676 posts

Dec 23, 2012
Yeah the "Stunned" is very buggy that i agree with. And I don't sprint that much anymore they always catch me with a grapple or attack.
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 14 (128 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Dec 23, 2012
1 up, i totally agree with what is being said it would make the game more enjoying.
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 14 (110 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
55 posts

Dec 23, 2012
True, Stunned is really bugged!! Also for the sprinting, it's not a problem, it really helps especially against who doesn't know how to sprint. Last Night I was going to a fountain and other guy too I was sprinting he was dodging, I just grappled him and throwed him onto the spikes, Hilarious
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 14 (108 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
190 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 23, 2012

Goldhawk1 wrote:
This one guy today, I had to put him down in the brutal kill position FOUR times before I could kill him, I even had a team mate there trying to help me...

Unless they changed something recently (1.08), this is not possible. If you manage to  survive a brutal kill stunned state you can't be put into another brutal kill stunned state while on the same life. You will just die once your health gets low enough, even if you healed up.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 14 (97 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Dec 23, 2012
They fixed your "sprinting to safety" problem. Just simply use the grapple button and you will EASILY latch onto them (even from far distances) and you can just start beating on them again.
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 14 (82 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9668 posts

Dec 23, 2012

I_Ceases_I wrote:

Goldhawk1 wrote:
This one guy today, I had to put him down in the brutal kill position FOUR times before I could kill him, I even had a team mate there trying to help me...

Unless they changed something recently (1.08), this is not possible. If you manage to  survive a brutal kill stunned state you can't be put into another brutal kill stunned state while on the same life. You will just die once your health gets low enough, even if you healed up.

I know it's not possible which was why I was **bleep**. 

It happens to me a lot acutally, where I'll go to brutal kill someone and they either 1. Stand up instantly for some reason and gain health (no, no BoA BS) or 2. I'll grapple them and it bounces off and they stand up instantly afterwards and kill me.

2 hasn't happened since 1.08 

But trust me, you WILL see crazy stuff online.  This isn't even as bad as crap I've seen before.  Last night I literaly had no health, no even a drop of green but I was still alive. 

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 14 (81 Views)
0 Likes