Mar 21 2013
By: czeuch Uncharted Territory 1892 posts

Grapple

8 replies 162 views Edited Mar 21, 2013

Hi! I see some players grappling me in unusual situations like when I run to get health or an item. I thought that you could only grapple players when they have the white sign over their head.

How does grapple works?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You were always Zeus' Favorite!

You were alway Zeus' favorite!

My channel: http://youtube.com/user/czeuch
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 9 (162 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4057 posts

Re: Grapple

Mar 21, 2013

Dodging/Sprinting/Stunned/Vulnerable state. I've had people grapple me when I was standing still and blocking. I know it's not supposed to happen, but then again I don't understand the nature of this beast.

photo Sig_zps70d8d3f0.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 9 (161 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
38 posts

Mar 21, 2013
You can be grappled when you're sprinting.
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 9 (141 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
869 posts

Mar 21, 2013

d1v4d wrote:

Dodging/Sprinting/Stunned/Vulnerable state. I've had people grapple me when I was standing still and blocking. I know it's not supposed to happen, but then again I don't understand the nature of this beast.

Unfortunately lag in this game is akin to shoooters where it takes fewer bullets to die and more bullets to kill enemies if you are lagged. This game is different in that lag doesn''t equal damage but it sure does present problems in attacking and defending situations. I've had people slice right through my parry with regular square sttacks. :smileytongue:

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 9 (124 Views)
Fender Bender
4057 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 21, 2013

SirCrush wrote:

d1v4d wrote:

Unfortunately lag in this game is akin to shoooters where it takes fewer bullets to die and more bullets to kill enemies if you are lagged. This game is different in that lag doesn''t equal damage but it sure does present problems in attacking and defending situations. I've had people slice right through my parry with regular square sttacks. :smileytongue:

I walked right off of the Labyrinth (apparently) yesterday. I was capturing a post, the screen suddenly flickered and I was falling to my death. I was beyond confused.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 9 (120 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1892 posts

Mar 21, 2013
Thanks for your replies!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You were always Zeus' Favorite!

You were alway Zeus' favorite!

My channel: http://youtube.com/user/czeuch
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 9 (81 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
244 posts

Mar 21, 2013
Also if you try and grapple someone and miss they can then grapple you.
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 9 (67 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2121 posts

Mar 21, 2013

Crapple

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 9 (64 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4057 posts

Mar 22, 2013
^At this point, pretty much. The grapple range goes beyond what actually shows when the chain is extended.
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 9 (47 Views)
0 Likes