Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jan 11 2013
By: Goldhawk1 Keyblade Wielder 9668 posts

Good way to fight items?

6 replies 127 views Edited Jan 11, 2013

May seem odd, but how the hell do you fight against item use in this game?  

I'm talking, when you're comboing someone then they use an item to get away or to gain an advantage. 

I hate it.  Almost every time I fight someone they activate their shield item or teleport item and it just bugs the hell out of me because the players who do seem to have a one second cooldown on their item are really good, so it takes a while to get the combo going then once you do BOOOM I'M OUTA HERE. 

For simple ones like heal items I usually just keep attacking and it usually works though when Zeus uses the item it gives him like full health.  When they teleport I just kind of forget about them because they're off to go get the health fountain.  When they have a sheild I usually end up doing something really stupid that gets me caught in their combo.

I almost want to just be an OP zeus spammer so I can spam silence on everyone, because sometimes it just gets  to the point where it's outright ridiculous.  Like every fight, every combo just all the time someone activates their goddamn item.  

How does anyone else deal with it?  Do you get items spammed on you too?  

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 7 (127 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
739 posts

Re: Good way to fight items?

Jan 11, 2013
All the time and to be honest I use my item whenever I get in trouble (though it doesn't cool down extremely fast like some players). I play a ton of FFA, so I just begin to attack another player. But if they aren't activating a shield or teleport, they usually try to run and I just grapple them and begin whaling on them once again.

In team matches, I try to get to safety or activate mine's at times to counter it. Ares has a brutal relic where it disables the opponents blocks, gives you greater physical damage, and makes you faster. So, I chase them down and resume beating the hell outta them.

Doesn't always work out as planned though. Lol!
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 7 (122 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
347 posts

Jan 11, 2013

DaJizzle wrote:
All the time and to be honest I use my item whenever I get in trouble (though it doesn't cool down extremely fast like some players). I play a ton of FFA, so I just begin to attack another player. But if they aren't activating a shield or teleport, they usually try to run and I just grapple them and begin whaling on them once again.

In team matches, I try to get to safety or activate mine's at times to counter it. Ares has a brutal relic where it disables the opponents blocks, gives you greater physical damage, and makes you faster. So, I chase them down and resume beating the hell outta them.

Doesn't always work out as planned though. Lol!I was wondering about this relic. I have one question: DOES IT WORK WHEN SOMEONE PARRY?

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 7 (118 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9668 posts

Jan 11, 2013
Yeah, idk why but lately every time someone activates a shield I run away and use L1 + square even though it doesn't hurt them...idk why I keep doing that.
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 7 (117 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
347 posts

Jan 11, 2013

alacarpa wrote:

DaJizzle wrote:

Doesn't always work out as planned though. Lol! 

I was wondering about this relic. I have one question: DOES IT WORK WHEN SOMEONE PARRY?

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 7 (111 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
739 posts

Jan 11, 2013

alacarpa wrote:

DaJizzle wrote:

Doesn't always work out as planned though. Lol!I was wondering about this relic. I have one question: DOES IT WORK WHEN SOMEONE PARRY?

It has for me in the past, but the parry system has been too inconsistent for me to tell you it definitely works though.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 7 (110 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
739 posts

Jan 11, 2013
@Goldhawk1 Probably out of frustration. I know the feeling. I constantly put enemies in brutal kill state only to watch them run off with a red halo over their head. Makes me want throw stuff!

One time, this guy ran off with a red halo over head and his health bar refilled completely (no item used). So, I'm like **bleep**? He's running with full life and a red halo over head.
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 7 (109 Views)
0 Likes