Highlighted
Jan 14 2013
By: Flint_Prophet Wastelander 674 posts

Glitches? Balance? Or am I just crazy?

3 replies 119 views Edited Jan 14, 2013

Some questions for all and sundry...I will state out the gate that I am a thoroughly average player devoid of any level of awesomeness.

I've read the various debates about Zeus being OP, swords being OP, hammers being OP. This thread is not meant to inspire yet another debate about these topics...I just want some perspective.

This game is all about timing, I know. I have played GOW since the beginning, and am now amped up that precision is even more the name of the game, now, since we're no longer just fighting AI characters.

--Heavy attacks are supposed to break all blocks, correct? I have never blocked a heavy attack, but I have delivered heavy attacks against someone blocking and they succeed in blocking it. Many times. Insight?

--I am not saying hammers are OP, but I seem to lose against them all the time when I'm playing with a sword, and I feel like I have the upper hand with a hammer. Even if I feel we execute attacks at the same time (and the same strength of attacks) I feel I always lose against a hammer when I have a sword. More insight?

--Parrying...is it possible to parry a heavy attack? I've never done it, but believe (not sure) that I've seen others do it.

Overall I feel that many more attacks get through to me and break up my combos, while I fail at breaking others combos doing similar things.

And I'm not looking for someone to say the ever-classic "get better" or "get good" (which someone will likely say, either in seriousness or jest). I would appreciate some explanations from players who have a better handle on the game than I and have some good feedback.

Thanks ahead of time.

Message 1 of 4 (119 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Re: Glitches? Balance? Or am I just crazy?

Jan 14, 2013

They need a sticky for glitch reports.

Message 2 of 4 (89 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

Jan 14, 2013

practice more.

the hammer is slower so it's meant to do heavy damage when it lands. counter this by hitting them first with quick attacks so they can't get a combo going on you.

you can't parry heavy attacks, you need to dodge when you see them coming. 

Message 3 of 4 (85 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
674 posts

Jan 14, 2013
I wasn't sure about the parry thing, but I have definitely seen people block heavy attacks...anyone else see this?

And yes, the hammer does more damage and is slower, but that's not what I was referring to.

Hadn't thought about lag contributing...and don't see many blatant examples of lag.

Message 4 of 4 (80 Views)
0 Likes