Fender Bender
4062 posts

Re: Gamespot calling GoWA MP a "bust"?!?!?!

Mar 8, 2013
SSM could counter this by releasing a very limiting MP demo, at least that's what I think, along with a few others on here. Ascension simply doesn't deserve this.
 photo Sig_zps70d8d3f0.jpg
Message 11 of 25 (196 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
489 posts

Mar 8, 2013

d1v4d wrote:
SSM could counter this by releasing a very limiting MP demo, at least that's what I think, along with a few others on here. Ascension simply doesn't deserve this.

There's nothing to counter.  SSM doesn't care about these reviews, they know the hard work and committment that they put into this and that the game is for us, the players/fans.  They're gearing for release day next Tuesday, not worrying about what these drones think.

Message 12 of 25 (188 Views)
Lombax Warrior
114 posts

Mar 8, 2013

my main concern is the fact that these people play like the game for a day possibly even 2 days on there own or on a close MP experience then they are supposed to give a review of game.....like they know the actual game like the back of there hand........ none of the videos ive seen that the games journos have made have shown anything that decent in my opinion because ...well...they seem to simply suck at the mutiplayer and just mash buttons.....yet they then mark down the game because of it....so the question shoudnt be about the game but maybe more about whos actualy playing it.

watched one review where they said the attack system of MP wasnt as diverse as the single player yet not once mentioned the fact that each weapon has special attacks that are asscociated with them . makes me wonder how much they actualy know about a game they review.......

Message 13 of 25 (182 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
489 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 8, 2013

Also, reviews are pointless for us people (fans of the series), most have already bought the game.  Reviews are meant to help inform a buyer of a product before purchase, so they can make an educated decision on whether or not they should purchase the item.  Everyone on this forum is pumped for the game, we should careless about a review, it's not going to sway our decision.  If anyone here has pre-ordered the game then backs out because of a bad review then they need to seek medical help, because something is mentally wrong with them.  We know the game, we know what we expect, no need for us to care about a review.

I'll once again use Tomb Raider as a reference because it came out this week.  MP got bad reviews, it's often called the "weak point" of the game.   I bought it on release day Tuesday, played it all three days after I got off work and I've yet to even start the SP cause I'm addicited to the MP.  Stayed up till 3AM then got up for work at 7AM Wednesday night, and again last night (yes, I'm dragging here at work today).  Why did I do that?  Cause it's fun and I've met some cool people on there and everytime I say "OK, just one more game", I end up saying that 15 times cause I can't put it down.  If I had listened to the reviews of Tomb Raider MP, I would have never even tried it...

Message 14 of 25 (171 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
129 posts

Mar 8, 2013
Yet they give every COD MP a 10? Buncha idiots!
Message 15 of 25 (166 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
114 posts

Mar 8, 2013
Message 16 of 25 (162 Views)
Splicer
61 posts

Mar 8, 2013

^Genius Smiley Tongue

Like I said in another thread, any review site that praises CoD but then berates another game for having "unoriginal multiplayer" isn't a very trustworthy website.

Message 17 of 25 (130 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4786 posts

Mar 8, 2013

This is how I feel, if I am playing the game and I find it good than that is all that matters! Some reviews have said they don't like the fix camra setting. I have never been bother by this. It doesn't disturb my enjoyment. CVG gave it a 7.5 which I just stopped reading. I didn't play much of  the multiplayer, but I did find it enjoyable. They really can't call it a bust because it hasn't really been out yet to make that determination! A few guys playing in a room doesn't count!

Thanks,
FreshRevenge

celebrity fashion gallery

photo 512d0aca-9476-4802-855d-3554158e2e5e_zps0b4ea223.jpg
Message 18 of 25 (125 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5591 posts

Mar 8, 2013

DelSol-97- wrote:

Wow, not one period.  Not one.

Periods are for girls ^

Laughs .You Are Too Good DelSol-97 ; )

TLoU GotY 2013 .
Message 19 of 25 (124 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
253 posts

Mar 9, 2013
I mean I'm ok if the GS reviewer didn't like the MP, but calling in "not unique" and "tacked on" is just plain ignorant,
Message 20 of 25 (98 Views)