Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
First Son
24 posts

Re: Full Length "From Ashes" Super Bowl Commercial...

Feb 1, 2013

This was one of the best trailers for GOW I have ever seen as far as seeing and feeling the sad and enraged side of Kratos and his Wife and Daughter.  Brought a tear to my eye.  I've been playing all 5 titles just to kill the gods and monsters getting my GOW mode on ready for March 12.  This is epic for me this year.   Im taking two weeks off for vacation just for God of war ascension and the Multi-player as well.   Thank You SONY SANTA MONICA STUDIO"S !!!!!!   CANT WAIT!!!!

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 19 (163 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1293 posts

Re: God of War: Ascension Super Bowl Commercial

Feb 1, 2013
lol..i wish it was march -_-

lawl.jpg

Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 19 (154 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5585 posts

Feb 1, 2013

@metlgearsolid200 It Made Me Tear A Bit .

The Focus Was Mainly On His Daughter Who Wanted To See His Father So Bad, Maybe That Explains Why In GoW: I His Family Is In The Temple In The First Place, Because His Daughter Wanted To See His Father Who Was Off To War Anyway She Could, No Matter The Lenghts She Had To Go Through In Order To Make It Possible To Call Him Daddy Once Again .

*stripesmarine feels emotional at this point and needs a hug*

TLoU GotY 2013 .
Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 19 (141 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1328 posts

Feb 1, 2013

No wonder they didn't air it during the actual superbowl, it's a little over 2 min long lol. Nice game trailer! I wasn't really liking the song at first, but once it transitioned when his daughter started turning to ash I was like "wow... it does fit."

Remember when SSM had said there would be rain and lightning (lots of it) later this wk? At the end there's a storm brewing. Was this the only thing they were referring to or could there be more to come? I know many were speculating a Poseidon trailer as well.

Try "Die for Olympus" in GoWA MP. Click sig to see how
Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 19 (131 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5585 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 1, 2013

DJMadCow wrote:

No wonder they didn't air it during the actual superbowl, it's a little over 2 min long lol. Nice game trailer! I wasn't really liking the song at first, but once it transitioned when his daughter started turning to ash I was like "wow... it does fit."

Remember when SSM had said there would be rain and lightning (lots of it) later this wk? At the end there's a storm brewing. Was this the only thing they were referring to or could there be more to come? I know many were speculating a Poseidon trailer as well.

I Also Felt At First The Music Did Not Fit, But Now I Love It And It Goes With The Emotions In The Trailer Perfectly Anxiousness/Fear/Strenght/Disappointment/Resentment ...

Maybe It Was The Just The Beggining Of A Flood Of Information In The Next Few Days Leading Up To The Release Day .They (SSM) Have Already Invited The Media Into Their Studios And Are Giving New Information And Anoouncements We Will Be Hearing About Very Shortly .

As For The Poseidon Alignment Trailer It Will Be Released Shortly As Well .The Gods Do Not Disappoint ! ; )

TLoU GotY 2013 .
Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 19 (123 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
458 posts

Feb 1, 2013

stripesmarine wrote:

DJMadCow wrote:

I Also Felt At First The Music Did Not Fit, But Now I Love It And It Goes With The Emotions In The Trailer Perfectly Anxiousness/Fear/Strenght/Disapointment/Resentment ...

Maybe It Was The Just The Beggining Of A Flood Of Information In The Next Few Days Leading Up To The Release Day .They (SSM) Have Already Invited The Media Into Their Studios And Giving New Information And Anoouncements We Will Be Hearing About Shortly .

As For The Poseidon Alignment Trailer It Will Be Released Shortly As Well .The Gods Do Not Disappoint ! ; )

I agree with you guys on the music.  I was in my office and when it started playing I turned the sound down so no one would overhear and think I was gay.  The second time I watched it I was like "yeah, this goes well with it" and proceeded to turn it up.  Good stuff.

Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 19 (119 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
458 posts

Feb 1, 2013

Wow, I just watched it again and realized he actually cried...  I didn't think it was possible.

kratostear.PNG

Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 19 (114 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1328 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 1, 2013

Just had another thought regarding why this aired online only instead of on TV during the superbowl (other than the length of course). The scene when Kratos is holding his daughter and she goes from smiling to turning to ash to eventually disintegrating. Perhaps SSM felt it might be viewed as "insensitive" to those affected by the Sandy Hook elementary school tragedy by showing it during primetime.

Just crossed my mind since I know many were wondering why it wouldn't be aired on national TV.

Try "Die for Olympus" in GoWA MP. Click sig to see how
Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 19 (110 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5585 posts

Feb 1, 2013

@VanillaBeast The Universal Human Language Of Emotion Is Touching In All Of Us Mate .

We All Need A Good Cry From Time To Time, There Is No Indignity In Expressing Our Deepest Emotions .

Kratos Is Still A Mortal In This Pre-Prologue, Which Explains His Vulnerability .

TLoU GotY 2013 .
Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 19 (100 Views)
0 Likes