Fender Bender
2926 posts

Re: First online experience

Aug 17, 2013
Soul Calibur 4 IIRC. Hated playing that game online. Only did it to get some of the honors so I could unlock stuff. Once that was done, I stopped going online. Still love that game offline though.

Hades vs Kratos on Make A Gif
make animated gifs like this at MakeAGif
Message 21 of 37 (148 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
590 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 17, 2013

MK Deception.  Was the top player in that game, as well as found nearly 100% of every characters biggest combos.  My skills eventually led to me being recognized by NetherRealm Studios, and they flew me out there to help test MK9 and Injustice.  My name is in the credits on Injustice.

Live your dreams.  Eventually they become true.

Message 22 of 37 (144 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
989 posts

Aug 17, 2013
Wow check that's awesome

Competition? Why yes, I would love some.
Message 23 of 37 (139 Views)
Wastelander
590 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 17, 2013

Thanks Savage.  It's nice to know you played MKA.  I still talk about MKD/MKA etc a lot.  Hoping to see Havik, Bo Rai Cho, Hotaru back for MK10.

Injustice credits for anyone that wants to see: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVBU0yj9-tE .. My name is at 5:10 on the right side, above Carl.

Been in college getting my Game Testing degree for the last 4 years.  I finish in 2, then it's off to NetherRealm.  Took me 8 years to get noticed by them, but i stuck with MK all those years, and it eventually paid off.

Message 24 of 37 (136 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
590 posts

Aug 17, 2013

And for the record, playing Ascension MP totally brings me back to the MKD/MKA days.  It is the number one reason why i enjoy this game.

I don't know why it is, but it completely reminds me of playing those games and the times i had back then, which are some of my favorite times ever in gaming.

I think a big reason is because i kinda stopped playing online after that.  I was really into online during MKD only, and haven't been into a online game ever since.  Until now.  With Ascension.

I do love this game.  I love the salt.  I love the trolling.  But the lag is hurtin Smiley Sad

Message 25 of 37 (131 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1660 posts

Aug 17, 2013

my first online gaming experience was with Battlefield Bad Company the original it was my first ps3 game to i got so addicted to that game that i still played it even post MW2 (which i got extremely addicted to as well) i actually cracked the top 50,000 players in the world at BFBC which is amazing cosidering the size of the matches 24 players in one lobby which was huge for consoles at the time 

i wasnt a part of a community there though GoW A is my first MP community to be a part of 

also BFBC has my favorite match ever to date if anyone here has played it you know it was all objective based no deathmatch 

my team was defending and i was doing pretty decent only died once but the enemy still pushed us back to our final base and i was running demolition class which came with a shotgun as primary and rpg as secondary fortunately for me our last base was across a river so i marched up to the front and began sniping guys with my RPG and protecting the gold crates of course i ended up #1 on my team and in the match at 50-5 and to top it off we won the match

- CPT of the Lomabax Preatorian Guard

"don't forget to buy poison arrows in order to f**k you chair"- epic name bro
Message 26 of 37 (125 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1892 posts

Aug 17, 2013
Diablo 2
Acb
Acr
Sc2
Ac3
Gowa
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You were always Zeus' Favorite!

You were alway Zeus' favorite!

My channel: http://youtube.com/user/czeuch
Message 27 of 37 (123 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
153 posts

Aug 17, 2013
Star Wars Battlefront 2. That game online was revolutionized my world as a gamer. Was great til you got the elite burst fire rifle that would one shot pretty much anybody.
Message 28 of 37 (113 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
153 posts

Aug 17, 2013
Then I lost my life to WoW back in the BC days. Those were dark, dark days; evident as my skin for paler and paler
Message 29 of 37 (111 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2926 posts

Aug 18, 2013
@CHECK - That's awesome dude, I've been an MK fan since the first one way back in the arcades in the early '90's. I'm also one of the few that preferred the 3D arenas over the 2D arenas. I have MKD/MKA but I've never played any PS2 game online. I've never even hooked a PS2 up to the internet as far as I can remember. I also have MKT for N64 and the MK Kollection (ports for 1, 2 & 3)/MKvsDC/MK9 for PS3. I'm neutral on Hotaru but Havik and Bo Rai Cho were some of my all-time fav MK characters and I also hope to see them again. Haven't had a chance to play Injustice yet but I've heard good things and the demo was pretty good.

@Chon - Never played it online but SW:BF2 is still awesome. So glad they'll finally be putting out SW:BF3, shame it's gonna be on the PS4 though.

Hades vs Kratos on Make A Gif
make animated gifs like this at MakeAGif
Message 30 of 37 (104 Views)
0 Likes