Monster Hunter
34 posts

Re: Fifth God in Multiplayer?

Feb 4, 2013

rachelnlucas wrote:

KeepOnCalling wrote:

I would likely go with the idea of the last spot being a God's one...

If that is truly the case, it has 2 b a God introduced to by the series OR a "new" one

appearing in Ascension...it might be Aphrodite and one's able to fight with a pillow...just kidding ;-)

But if it's a known one, I don't think that it is Hermes cause he's more like God's summoner...

Referring to other comments I agree with those how think that it isn't Athena as well:

She's more like a guardian, besides what special force does she have...

There is Zeus (thunder), Poseidon (sea), Hades (undead) and Ares (fire)!

I think its possibly Helios (sun/light) cause he is also the one Kratos rescues in Chains of Olympus...

There might be special attacks where you can dazzle your opponents and strike them down :-)

In regards to Athena you are joking right?

Kratos is her champion. She is the Goddess of warfare, strength and strategy.

I agree that Athena is more of a patron/guide to the heroes .Kratos as well , however she could easily have a special force.  Her force could easily be light ( not as in sun) ( to Hades dark presence). She is also the Goddess of wisdom and divine intelligence.

I still don't think it is a 5th God but to discount Athena would be silly.

You're really in for a female God, right!?

No hard feelings...U definitely got a point there...

I just can't imagine Athena to be the fifth God,

but in case she is, her techniques and forces might rather be defensive...

Message 11 of 32 (245 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
224 posts

Feb 4, 2013

I don't know if this has already been discussed but couldn't there be a possiblity of it being a Titan? Like Gaia or some one else. Maybe even a primordial, like Chaos or some **bleep**. 

Message 12 of 32 (239 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
274 posts

Feb 4, 2013

but in case she is, her techniques and forces might rather be defensive...

I don't really care if  there is  a female God, I'd be more interested in a female champion.

Just if there is a 5th God, I wouldn't rule her out.

They had the Blade of Zeus , the hammer of Ares and the Blade of Athena in the beta......Zeus and Ares we know are there.

The blade had a healing ability, so IF she was the 5th i'll bet she'd have relic or magic that gives health to the team like Zeus gives magic to team...... I think her Champion would have more stretegic team abilities.

@ TheOpposer

I don't think a Titan would be a good fit with the story.

I would lean towards  Apollo/Helios for the 5th God if I had to choose one. But Definately would not count out Athena or Dionysus ( not in the games yet but still...)

Message 13 of 32 (228 Views)
Lombax Warrior
136 posts

Feb 4, 2013

Jeez... i am bored to oblivion... srufing this forums like a hobo... gettings scraps of entreteinement here and there...

I am alone in this miserable feeling?

SSM GIVE US BACK MP BETA PLEASE!

ok back to topic... 

just the fact that there will be a 5th god gets me hyped...

here is my theory. For every god we currently have, a weapon type and a element... and a world weapon.

Stay with me a second here.

Even if we dont know what type of weapon hades will have, we do know that...

zeus hammer = home run bat

Ares sword = fast slicer in hercules arena

Poseidon Spear = Spam fest pickels of doom from hercules arena

Hades? = Hades?

Ok so here are my theories:

1st Option: 5th god Athena

Weapon type: blades of athena

(withing my own theory = world weapon blades of athena found in hercules arena center sometimes)

2nd option:  5th god: Hermes

weapon type: Mele (buffed gloves like we have seen in videos before in devs stuffs)

Speed based god, melee hits = world weapon the hermes boots.

(in this case i believe hades champs may get chain and blades for weapon type as the equivalent of blades found in herc col... thus making my theory a law)

3rd option: 5th god KRATOS

weapon type: blades of chaos

equivalent world weapon = blades found in hercules arena...

Soooooooooo

if i conclude... 

the 5th god has me very hyped!!!! the fact that every god has a unique weapon is a KILLER idea... LUV IT since day 1... gratz to devs... kudos really.

GIVE US BACK THE MULTIPLAYER BETAAAA

(i am in troy crappy army... have posted all my stuff on facebook to get more points for my lazy team... yet i have no hopes of getting the sp beta any time soon)

Very poorly planned SSM, rise of the warrior... you should have antecipated that the losing team was going to lose interest fast and stop carring... and the winning team was just going to a widen the gap... i hope you know better about human behavior when it comes to the real game. 

Message 14 of 32 (214 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
233 posts

Feb 6, 2013

It would be cool for in the begining you had a choice. Either side with the Titans or the Gods. This would take place in the war in GOW 3.  You would be on either side and matches would be GODS VS TITANS!!!!!!! Maybe for a future instalment they could do this.

photo GOWsignature_zps3e9f70f3.png
Message 15 of 32 (182 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4062 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 6, 2013

Watch the last God be Kevin Butler.

butlerlbpBOOM610.jpg

I'd choose him, hands down.

photo Sig_zps70d8d3f0.jpg
Message 16 of 32 (180 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
34 posts

Feb 6, 2013

rachelnlucas wrote:

but in case she is, her techniques and forces might rather

Just if there is a 5th God, I wouldn't rule her out.

They had the Blade of Zeus , the hammer of Ares and the Blade of Athena in the beta......Zeus and Ares we know are there.

The blade had a healing ability, so IF she was the 5th i'll bet she'd have relic or magic that gives health to the team like Zeus gives magic to team...... I think her Champion would have more stretegic team abilities.

@ TheOpposer

I don't think a Titan would be a good fit with the story.

I would lean towards  Apollo/Helios for the 5th God if I had to choose one. But Definately would not count out Athena or Dionysus ( not in the games yet but still...)

Message 17 of 32 (153 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
34 posts

Feb 6, 2013

@rachelnlucas

I gotta admit: I really like your idea respecting the health thing! That would definitely have a nice touch!!

Plus: That would be an interesting contrast to the other god's abilities as you just mentioned Zeus giving magic to his team...

By now I really don't care anymore which god the last one will be: Helios, Athena or another one...

It might not even be a god... I'm sure the guys from SM will figure this out brilliantly!

I just hope that Ascension will be awesome and from all I've seen so far it's going to :-)

Message 18 of 32 (149 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
461 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 7, 2013

**bleep**  Athena!

It will be some dev's image Smiley Tongue since they made this awesome game then it makes them being "gods" so yea

Edit: Removed profanity 

U--J

photo YT01.png
Made by Carrioner photo GoWMYSIGNATURE.jpg
[url=http://www.yourgamercards.net/profile/Carrioner/][img]http://www.yourgamercards.net/trophy/a/Carrioner.png[/img][/url]
Message 19 of 32 (141 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
40 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 6, 2013
@KeepOnCalling - Area element isn't fire. He is, or WAS (for the sake of talking about the game) the God of War. Hephaestus is the God of Fire, so I honestly don't know why SSM gave Ares the power of fire.
Message 20 of 32 (132 Views)
0 Likes