Feb 03 2013
By: KeepOnCalling Monster Hunter 34 posts

Fifth God in Multiplayer?

31 replies 561 views Edited Feb 3, 2013

I was just wondering:

I was a little confused by the fact that there is a fifth stair where one can choose a god to follow...

Is there going to be a fifth god now?

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 32 (561 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4057 posts

Re: Fifth God in Multiplayer?

Feb 3, 2013

Many people on this forum think it'll be Athena, but no one completely positive. Unless I missed out on something...

photo Sig_zps70d8d3f0.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 32 (560 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
274 posts

Feb 3, 2013

Here are a few theads that people have discussed this already.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/God-of-War-Ascension-Multiplayer/5th-god-slot-on-mount-olympu...

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/God-of-War-Ascension-Multiplayer/Fifth-God/m-p/39241817/highl...

In this one Just-Tank had response

Santa Monica Studio Community StrategistJust--Tank

Santa Monica Studio Community Strategist

There is a possibility....think about it, would we really put a 5th stairway there with no purpose? =) Really?!

-Tank

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 32 (549 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5582 posts

Feb 4, 2013

@rachelnlucas If I Was A Betting Man, I Would Bet My Life Savings On The Possibility Of Having The Sun God Helios As The Fifth Option Option .

He Is A Safe Bet, Considering Hermes Is Not .Laughs

None Of The Other Gods Technically Speaking Have The Power Of The Sun At Their Disposal .

He Would Look So Bad Arse In The Rotunda Of Olumpus With His Bronze-Gold Armor !

; )

TLoU GotY 2013 .
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 32 (496 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
274 posts

Feb 4, 2013

stripesmarine wrote:

@rachelnlucas If I Was A Betting Man, I Would Bet My Life Savings On The Possibility Of Having The Sun God Helios As The Fifth Option Option .

None Of The Other Gods Technically Speaking Have The Power Of The Sun At Their Disposal .

He Would Look So Bad Arse In The Rotunda Of Olumpus With His Bronze-Gold Armor !

; )

I still think they might have this for another purpose like an achivement or top ranked player in MP.  He didn't says specifically there would be a God just that there is a purpose.  If there is a 5th God they are being very good about not leaking any info on it.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 32 (490 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
676 posts

Feb 4, 2013
It's gotta be either Helios or Hermes. Athena just doesn't seem likely to me, I don't think she would want a Champion killing in her name but she could be I'm not denying that. Then there are other Gods that could be the fifth so many options they have for the fifth spot.
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 32 (473 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1285 posts

Feb 4, 2013

stripesmarine wrote:

; )

His statue on olympus could have him standing in his chariot with the fire steeds. That would be pure awesomeness.

Try "Die for Olympus" in GoWA MP. Click sig to see how
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 32 (459 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
103 posts

Feb 4, 2013

I feel like Athena being a heals-focused support class seems the most likely. But Morpheus would be awesome, especially if you could summon his shades. He could be like, a weak champion in itself, but you can summon trash mobs from Chains of Olympus. Thatd be cool, but it wont happen. lol

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 32 (455 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
34 posts

Feb 4, 2013

I would likely go with the idea of the last spot being a God's one...

If that is truly the case, it has 2 b a God introduced to by the series OR a "new" one

appearing in Ascension...it might be Aphrodite and one's able to fight with a pillow...just kidding ;-)

But if it's a known one, I don't think that it is Hermes cause he's more like God's summoner...

Referring to other comments I agree with those how think that it isn't Athena as well:

She's more like a guardian, besides what special force does she have...

There is Zeus (thunder), Poseidon (sea), Hades (undead) and Ares (fire)!

I think its possibly Helios (sun/light) cause he is also the one Kratos rescues in Chains of Olympus...

There might be special attacks where you can dazzle your opponents and strike them down :-)

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 32 (445 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
274 posts

Feb 4, 2013

KeepOnCalling wrote:

I would likely go with the idea of the last spot being a God's one...

If that is truly the case, it has 2 b a God introduced to by the series OR a "new" one

appearing in Ascension...it might be Aphrodite and one's able to fight with a pillow...just kidding ;-)

But if it's a known one, I don't think that it is Hermes cause he's more like God's summoner...

Referring to other comments I agree with those how think that it isn't Athena as well:

She's more like a guardian, besides what special force does she have...

There is Zeus (thunder), Poseidon (sea), Hades (undead) and Ares (fire)!

I think its possibly Helios (sun/light) cause he is also the one Kratos rescues in Chains of Olympus...

There might be special attacks where you can dazzle your opponents and strike them down :-)

In regards to Athena you are joking right?

Kratos is her champion. She is the Goddess of warfare, strength and strategy.

I agree that Athena is more of a patron/guide to the heroes .Kratos as well , however she could easily have a special force.  Her force could easily be light ( not as in sun) ( to Hades dark presence). She is also the Goddess of wisdom and divine intelligence.

I still don't think it is a 5th God but to discount Athena would be silly.

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 32 (435 Views)
0 Likes