Uncharted Territory
1355 posts

Re: Features of Poseidon

[ Edited ]
Mar 7, 2013

DelSol-97- wrote:

Ecurican912 wrote:

Poseidon's hammers look sick. Shame thats theres only Swords, Hammers, and Spears as the weapon types. 

I think that is a good amount, plus the weapons that each God can use. There is 2 extra slots for weapons though, perhaps there is something more.

One thing I noticed was the ranks:

war hammer (rank 9) --> maul (rank 25)

sword (rank 9) --> blade (rank 25)

spear (rank 9) --> lance (rank 25)

Perhaps this means there is a 4th weapon style, symbolized by those 2 blank spots with ques marks (a rank 9 weapon and a rank 25 weapon; gauntlets anyone?). Maybe they'll be revealed along with the Hades info. Just speculating.

Try "Die for Olympus" in GoWA MP. Click sig to see how
Message 11 of 33 (280 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4062 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 8, 2013

@DelSol-97- 

I hope Ares packs a very hard punch. More than the beta, cause that was **bleep**

Edit: profanity removed

U--J

photo Sig_zps70d8d3f0.jpg
Message 12 of 33 (280 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1497 posts

Mar 7, 2013
Reading that description made Poseidon made him seem ridiculously OP. Attack power is small statistic to sacrifice for everything else he is offering. As an Ares player and a possible Hades player I really hope all these God's are balanced evenly in the end product.

Check out my channel for GoW matches, highlights and other videos.
Message 13 of 33 (272 Views)
Survivor
2388 posts

Mar 7, 2013
Im confident that Ares and Zeus will be able to stack up in the final product. Poseidon looks a lot better than I originally thought, and I'm loving the spear and lance Smiley Very Happy Can't wait for Hades tomorrow and hopefully the reveal of the gauntlets.
Message 14 of 33 (243 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1499 posts

Mar 7, 2013

Can't wait to see Hades, not using Zeus or Ares cause used them in beta so was gonna go Hades cause dat purple flame but **bleep** Poseidon looks awesome, I prefer being team asset than lone wolf after all, freeze the flag thief, freeze spear grabber etc

Signature Quote:
I love Leia, especially the way she extends my staff
Message 15 of 33 (226 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
114 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 7, 2013

carnifex49 wrote:

On FFA however, I can seem him having difficulty scoring kills, as his support abilities will only lead to granting assists to the enemy combatants.

I am too concerned about about the capabilities of poseidon in FFA but is talks about how the lance of poseidon can be geared towards elemental power , so maybe alot of poseidons damage will not come from phsyical attacks damage like ares but more elemental ..... will most likely find that poseisonds weaponray will have low physical attack stats with superior element power attacthed to them .

I can see poseidon player being more of the patient hunter and waiting till everyone is low on health then using CC and stuns ect making them easy to pick off.

"Attack power is the only sacrifice Poseidon requests of his faithful followers. The Lord of the Ocean offers the option to increase your power at the cost of decreasing the effectiveness of cooperative attacks"

I was just reading the poseidon page and that is what i found... so poseidon can become more powerfull at the cost of becoming less effective at supporting your team seams a fair trade off.

Message 16 of 33 (202 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4062 posts

Mar 7, 2013
I also love being supportive, I always put the teams needs infront of my own needs, but when a stealth character is introduced I feel like I have no choice but to go for it Smiley Tongue
Message 17 of 33 (188 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
260 posts

Mar 7, 2013

Well my friends those of you fortunate enough to be on my team will benefit of my healing abilities,I hope I will be able to count on you for offensive back up ! (^__^)

God I was drooling like a dog over the Poseidon and Trial of the gods reveal,MARCH 12 FACE ME YOU COWARD!!!!! You can no no longer hide behind the skirts of February

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 18 of 33 (186 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4062 posts

Mar 7, 2013
@LordSesshomaru85

They should really remove the first "r" in February. Secretly it pis*es everyone off.
Message 19 of 33 (185 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5591 posts

Mar 7, 2013

d1v4d wrote:
I also love being supportive, I always put the teams needs infront of my own needs, but when a stealth character is introduced I feel like I have no choice but to go for it Smiley Tongue

Do As You Wish My Lad, Just Know The Team/Family Is Behind You In Any Selection You Decide To Make .

Lord Hades Only Accepts Worthy Warriors Of The Highest Tier ! ; ) 

TLoU GotY 2013 .
Message 20 of 33 (128 Views)
0 Likes