Keyblade Wielder
10163 posts

Re: Fatigue System: SANTA MONICA DEVS PLEASE READ!!

Jan 5, 2013

AJL0490 wrote:

Grapple move is the solution  just get used to it

No, it's not.  Sure against noobs, but people who know how to manipulate the evade?  The only people who can stop manipulators is laggers, because they can grapple you WHILE attacking.  Very tricky.

But how is it a good solution when you evade once to avoid their attack then the evader starts attacking and puts you into a combo?  

Message 11 of 17 (162 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
157 posts

Jan 5, 2013

Goldhawk1 wrote:

AJL0490 wrote:

No, it's not.  Sure against noobs, but people who know how to manipulate the evade?  The only people who can stop manipulators is laggers, because they can grapple you WHILE attacking.  Very tricky.

But how is it a good solution when you evade once to avoid their attack then the evader starts attacking and puts you into a combo?  

Dont listen to AJ. I just played in a CTF match against him. The entire time he spammed Zeus' vortex magic and zeus' sword L1 triangle. He is the epitome of what is wrong with this game.

As for the cooldown, that would be great as well. It does not matter what, but SOMETHING needs to limit the amount of time a person can dodge. It is falt out ridiculous especially since the grapple chain is unresponsive. LOL, I was in a match where one person was running at me. I spammed R1 like crazy, yet came out after he stopped and caught me in a launcher. Yet, I get grappled in the air even though I jumped willingly. -_-

Message 12 of 17 (157 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10163 posts

Jan 5, 2013

RichYungThaBest wrote:

Goldhawk1 wrote:

AJL0490 wrote:

Dont listen to AJ. I just played in a CTF match against him. The entire time he spammed Zeus' vortex magic and zeus' sword L1 triangle. He is the epitome of what is wrong with this game.

As for the cooldown, that would be great as well. It does not matter what, but SOMETHING needs to limit the amount of time a person can dodge. It is falt out ridiculous especially since the grapple chain is unresponsive. LOL, I was in a match where one person was running at me. I spammed R1 like crazy, yet came out after he stopped and caught me in a launcher. Yet, I get grappled in the air even though I jumped willingly. -_-

Yeah I've been in the same boat.  Times I should be able to grapple I can't and times I should be invincible I get grappled.

This one time, I was evading away from my opponent and we were both such low health.  Suddenly his hook flies out all the way to its limit...hell it even looked like it was stretching BEYOND his limit.  I just laughed when I looked at this distance between the hook and me...even though it was out all the way I was still a few feet away from it...then suddenly my character acts like he's being hooked and the guy FLIES at me insanely fast and kills me.  I was so outraged.  

But yet, when someone's running at me...like directly at me with a halo over their head I'll hook but it'll bounce off and next thing I know I'm in a 40 hit combo.

Unfortuantely the whole "I've seen this and played against people who do this and saw these issues WITH MY OWN EYES" never seems to work dude.  You'll say 100 times that you've played matches where these things have happened and people will just preach hypothetically even if what they're preaching only works on AI or players who practically stand still. 

Message 13 of 17 (151 Views)
Lombax Warrior
157 posts

Jan 5, 2013

exactly. I  get confused when players say that dodge spamming and Zeus' alignment are not issues. they either have not exp the lvl of cheap that it can reach, or are the very ones abusing it.

It has reached the point where I fully boycott and refuse to play as Zeus, because the only way to win with him is by abusing the game's mechanic, as well as his obvious advantages. I also lmit myself to only 4 dodges in all fights, no matter if I am outnumbered. When outnumbered, I just run away, because if I get hit with 2 Zeus magic at once(which has happened to me before), I will sapzz out.

Message 14 of 17 (140 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
679 posts

Jan 5, 2013
I can't dodge at all let alone spam it they will always grab me no matter what. They seriously need to fix the grappling, I find it odd also aggravating that my grapples almost never work but everyone else's does hopefully the patch will fix this... well maybe not.
Message 15 of 17 (136 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
157 posts

Jan 6, 2013

Lord-Kratos23 wrote:
I can't dodge at all let alone spam it they will always grab me no matter what. They seriously need to fix the grappling, I find it odd also aggravating that my grapples almost never work but everyone else's does hopefully the patch will fix this... well maybe not.

I was just in a match where 1 dude grappled me through 2 platforms and through a bridge, well beyond the chain parameter. I tried to grapple 1 person on the same plaform spamming dodge, and nothing. He was so close, that I saw the halo over his head and my chain grab fall short. Santa Monica, please fix this, it is unbearable to constantly die because of this.

Message 16 of 17 (129 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10163 posts

Jan 6, 2013

RichYungThaBest wrote:

Lord-Kratos23 wrote:

I was just in a match where 1 dude grappled me through 2 platforms and through a bridge, well beyond the chain parameter. I tried to grapple 1 person on the same plaform spamming dodge, and nothing. He was so close, that I saw the halo over his head and my chain grab fall short. Santa Monica, please fix this, it is unbearable to constantly die because of this.

Matches like that you just have to let go man... 

I was on a roll today doing so good against everyone then I decided to do ONE match before going to my sister's place... well that was the biggest mistake of the day.

My clan mate in the text chat is telling me he can't move... the first guy I run into is invincible...literally.  he had a WW hammer (world weapon, power weapon) and kept trying to swing for me.  He missed twice, both times he's swinging WHILE I'm using my Ares hammer L1 + square AoE special...doesn't even take damage or anything.  Then I'm trying to run away because I realize it's laggin like mad and he smacks the air and idr much after that because I ran into the guy 3 more times, had him lag up a storm and I just said "you know what f**k it, I'm out I gotta go anyway"  

Message 17 of 17 (114 Views)
0 Likes