Fender Bender
3054 posts

Re: Enough already

Apr 10, 2013

jokeRswild2788 wrote:
You been saying that for weeks gypsy, I understand these things take time but a month is enough time.

Believe me when I say I totally understand your frustrations, and if I could snap my fingers and have everything ready to roll, I totally would! But, like others have said, this stuff does take time and the team is very passionate about creating an awesome experience that everyone can enjoy.

I really do mean it when I say "thank you for your patience". Smiley Happy

Message 31 of 37 (124 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
346 posts

Apr 10, 2013

gypsy816 wrote:

jokeRswild2788 wrote:
You been saying that for weeks gypsy, I understand these things take time but a month is enough time.

Believe me when I say I totally understand your frustrations, and if I could snap my fingers and have everything ready to roll, I totally would! But, like others have said, this stuff does take time and the team is very passionate about creating an awesome experience that everyone can enjoy.

Can you thank a person who doesn't have patience???? If a tree falls in the woods, does it make a sound????

photo TonyDanzaClan.jpg
Message 32 of 37 (120 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
533 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 10, 2013

Take your time, i preffer a well done fix than a half done fix.
BUT keep informing pople of what are you doing, not just "hey new dlc coming"
We dont care if you change things in the way, we just want to know about it!

Example:
-We are adjusting some spells and special moves/combos so they do less damage.
-Planning to add some features like private lobbys
-players will show their connection speed status next to his/her id in lobby and ingame.
-optimizing game load times.

ETC, enithing that you are doing/working on the patch we want to know (at least i want to know)
A mini log of some kind.

Take this as an example of what im trying to say

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/9382478/developer-journal-multiplayer-improvements-4-2-2013

the way they update theyr journal is a good one, debating and explaining how and why to change things and tune others

Message 33 of 37 (115 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3054 posts

Apr 10, 2013

KritaCal wrote:

gypsy816 wrote:

jokeRswild2788 wrote:

Can you thank a person who doesn't have patience???? If a tree falls in the woods, does it make a sound????

We appreciate all our players equally. Smiley Happy

Message 34 of 37 (110 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
37 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 10, 2013

I know they announced the Patch kind of soon, but if you think about it, it's what they could do to let us know that they ARE doing something, or would you prefer they kept their silence for weeks and launch a patch out of nowhere?

I don't, with that many bugs if they kept silent I would just stop playing.

Besides, they already did a few subtle changes here and there and it have improved the Multiplayer.

I say Enough Already with those atempts to rush things, after all it's better if they take their time to do things right.

Message 35 of 37 (103 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4319 posts

Apr 11, 2013

thinkmad wrote:

Generally when you do a patch preview, it comes with a patch release date.  SSM's blind release date is what's causing all these commotions.  I understand they want to show people that they are constantly working on the game, but this blind release date caused more chaos than excitement. 

Even a generic time frame would've helped curb some of these rowdy attitude.  Q1, Q2, Q3, Q4... early Q1, late Q1, etc etc (Q stands for Quarterly, Q1 is the first 3 months of the year, Q2 is the next 3 months, etc etc) atleast people will have a time frame and stop hoping everyday and be disappointed when they wake up.

In the future, SSM should be more careful about their patch previews.  It would help calm the people if they just give a generic time frame of the release, if they can't give a specific.  

anyway, that's my two cents.

People that wake up every day and are disappointed because the patch isn't out are, simply put, naive with unrealistic expectations.  That's not intended to slander, there's nothing wrong with that.  

Now, I'm pretty old,  and I've been playing games for a very long time.  I've seen far more patches announced with no release date than I have with one, so I don't know where you're getting the notion that patch announcements usually come with dates.   I've also seen a hellstorm of complaints when those general timeframes weren't met, often an hourly basis. "It's 12:01! You said it'd be out at 12! I hate you!"  That kind of stuff.

What I've seen more and more is a patch announcement and a deadline of it'll be released when it's finished and we'll announce it when we have a date.   That tends to be the standard and is the case here. 

I would expect the patch to be released within the next 30 days.  That's based off nothing except past experience.  I'm sure within that timeframe we'll get an update with a general date or perhaps a specific one.   Until then, I'm sure SSM is taking it day by day and when enough progress has been made on the patch and the outlook is good, they'll come up with a loose deadline for release and we'll hear about it.  I could be wrong.  

Either way, my original point is that a month is NOT necessarily enough time to get a patch out, especially when issues were still being presented within the last couple weeks.  I'm sure they want to try to fix as much as possible with this first patch but still get it out  in a timely manner.   There's a difficult balance there in doing so.  

----------------------
She's going to have to fall on her sword. Which means that we have to stick one in the ground, trip her onto it and get someone to jump up and down on her back for ten minutes. --

Malcolm Tucker. Modern day saint.
Message 36 of 37 (73 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Fender Bender
2926 posts

Apr 11, 2013
@Vanthem - It's not slander if it's true. Pretty sure they've said it'll be this month but not this week, which means somewhere between the 15th and the 30th. Some people are just too impatient. I'm sure the devs are frustrated too, especially since they're the ones doing all the work. Publishers are probably breathing down their necks too hoping the new content/fixes will increase game sales.

This is however the 3rd or 4th patch though and I think that's part of what's p!ssing a few people off (myself included). They've changed a trophy name for no real reason, they made the ToA easier for no real reason and they've tweaked/added to the MP slightly before even addressing some serious problems that are potentially system damaging. The fact that they don't seem to care at all about the SP isn't helping them either.

Hades vs Kratos on Make A Gif
make animated gifs like this at MakeAGif
Message 37 of 37 (60 Views)
0 Likes