Sackboy
396 posts

Re: Enough already

Apr 10, 2013
"better they take their time and it make it right than rushing and having a patched game which produces even more problems than before" <--- They rushed the final game so why change work ethics now? The fact that tens of items, relics and weapons do not function as they should, tells me that the testing is not as thorough as is should be.

"Testing does take time." <--- And it seems, produces no results, when simple things suchs as base numbers are done incorrectly. I can't do math, but i can type 50 or 10 correctly, not 40 and 30 in their place.
Message 21 of 37 (192 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4319 posts

Apr 10, 2013

KritaCal wrote:

jokeRswild2788 wrote:
Van it's a ps3 exclusive why would they have to get the patch through Microsoft?

I think he was just giving a general example. The patch first needs to be made, then its submitted to QA, then its submitted to Sony, and if it passes all of those then its good to go. If it fails any of those then they gotta fix and fix until its locked down.

Yep.  I was talking about that patches, in general, can take time on console releases, or any platform for that matter.  A month is no time at all for testing and getting a patch through QA.  

I've said it in other threads, but things that seem like simple adjustments or fixes can be some of the most annoying changes you try to make.  Spend any time sifting through code to find the one mistake you made and you will have some idea of how difficult it might be to figure out issues in a complex game these days.  Not only do you have to pinpoint the cause of the issue, but you have to figure out how to fix it.  That takes time. 

Even then, once you know how to fix it you have to see that it doesn't break something else (which is very common).  Again, more testing, more time.  Once all that is finally done, you now have to get it through the approval process (in this case through Sony).  Now they have to run through it, this takes yet more time.

Also, all this is if everything goes right.  You find a problem and you're back to the start.  Meanwhile new content is being developed, gameplay adjustments, I'm sure they're looking at balancing the claims of things being overpowered (most of which is garbage) and on and on.  Sure, some of us may say gameplay fixes are first and foremost, but you've also got a large part of the community that thinks everything is great and just wants new content.  

SSM's got to try to balance all of it out.  They're working on the patch, they've given us an idea of some of the enhancements to expect (which have been requested over and over again) and they'll let us know more when it's ready to be released.  If we were six months down the road and we had heard absolutely nothing, nothing in the works and we had a community manager that treated us with contempt and was absolutely useless, then I would be onboard with some of the tantrum posts regarding the patch, but that hasn't been the case here.

----------------------
She's going to have to fall on her sword. Which means that we have to stick one in the ground, trip her onto it and get someone to jump up and down on her back for ten minutes. --

Malcolm Tucker. Modern day saint.
Message 22 of 37 (180 Views)
Wastelander
869 posts

Apr 10, 2013

^ Well said.

Message 23 of 37 (175 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
396 posts

Apr 10, 2013
^ Reading that made me see why the game got worse after beta (if it holds any truth)...

Still, Blizzard has the right mentality for game-making, its done when its done, although i do not like their games anymore (after WC3 all turned to turd).
Message 24 of 37 (157 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1892 posts

Apr 10, 2013
Yeah, I prefer that they take longer to release the patch rather then releasing ealier with more bugs.

That happens...

So take your time SSM!

But not forever Smiley Tongue
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You were always Zeus' Favorite!

You were alway Zeus' favorite!

My channel: http://youtube.com/user/czeuch
Message 25 of 37 (149 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
2 posts

Apr 10, 2013

Generally when you do a patch preview, it comes with a patch release date.  SSM's blind release date is what's causing all these commotions.  I understand they want to show people that they are constantly working on the game, but this blind release date caused more chaos than excitement. 

Even a generic time frame would've helped curb some of these rowdy attitude.  Q1, Q2, Q3, Q4... early Q1, late Q1, etc etc (Q stands for Quarterly, Q1 is the first 3 months of the year, Q2 is the next 3 months, etc etc) atleast people will have a time frame and stop hoping everyday and be disappointed when they wake up.

In the future, SSM should be more careful about their patch previews.  It would help calm the people if they just give a generic time frame of the release, if they can't give a specific.  

anyway, that's my two cents.

Message 26 of 37 (141 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1892 posts

Apr 10, 2013
I agree on that point. Ubisoft announced their patch correction, which would correct a HUGE glitch in the game, and they said that it would be release in march. They only didn't say the day.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You were always Zeus' Favorite!

You were alway Zeus' favorite!

My channel: http://youtube.com/user/czeuch
Message 27 of 37 (133 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
490 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 10, 2013

I was a programmer for 4 years straight after college.  I went into work and sat in a cube and wrote/modified code all day long, everyday.  For anyone who has seen then movie "Office Space", that was my life, except I didn't have a young Jennifer Aniston as a GF Smiley Sad  So, that being said, here's my two cent on this coding/patch talk...

TwoCents

Message 28 of 37 (132 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11800 posts

Apr 10, 2013

^lol would have been worth every moment if u had jennifer aniston XD

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 29 of 37 (127 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
54 posts

Apr 10, 2013
I don't about u guys but I don't really want "the patch". I would like more weapons. 1 item, 1 magic, and 10 more meaningless levels that will take forever and most likely wont improve combat ability
Message 30 of 37 (105 Views)
0 Likes