Jan 10 2013
By: Derwood666 First Son 1 posts

Early Impressions

8 replies 146 views Edited Jan 10, 2013

After playing the beta for a couple of days, I have to admit I had a lot of fun.  I was concerned at the announcement that the addition of multi-player will result in short changing us on the single player campaign, and I hope that is not the case.  So long as Sony delivers the epic single player campaign that made this series such a hit, I think multi-player is a fun addition and I'm looking forward to trying other game modes.

Message 1 of 9 (146 Views)
First Son
4 posts

Re: Early Impressions

Jan 10, 2013

It feels a bit wonky. It doesn't feel like it stands up to the rest of the God of War games. The team level really doesn't need to have the monster attacking the capture points; it's frustrating and doesn't add much.

Message 2 of 9 (140 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Jan 11, 2013

In addition,

• the world weapons are too overpowered and break the game,
  • the pools that refill magic and health should have a little wider area, tend to find myself running around and through a couple times to pick it up,

• when the spear first drops don't interrupt the flow of the game by forcing everyone to watch it, the counter is enough.
  • The factions need heavy balancing, Zeus has a weaker start, but once you get things you need it isn't even a challenge to lock someone down for an easy kill

It is a fair attempt, but so far it just feels like shoddy multiplayer, as long as the core of the game is focused on the single player then it should be fine, but if the plan is to try and work the gimmick of multiplayer then I don't think I will plan on purchasing this game.

Message 3 of 9 (116 Views)
First Son
19 posts

Jan 11, 2013

GastricSkydivers wrote:

In addition,

• the world weapons are too overpowered and break the game

They are really strong, yes. But i guess they have to be... if they were weaker, everybody would just ignore them. It also adds a funny minigame inside the matches, where you run for them on sight and just flee in terror when someone grabs them right in front of your face. I like it that way. :-)

Message 4 of 9 (107 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
244 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 11, 2013

Watch 12:16 to 13:20 in this vid.

http://www.godofwar.com/en-us/media/videos/30/ascension-explained

They know people want single player to be good, and they're not gonna sacrifice single player game play for multiplayer

Message 5 of 9 (103 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
279 posts

Jan 11, 2013

The world weapons are perfect you need to know how to dodge. It is rediculous how much people cry about this game just because they are not good. Learn to move swift, Attack fast, right time to parry, learn arial attacks, and pefect your timing to gain critical hits. Everything about this game is fine. a Few bugs that can easily be fixed with time. But its ok I will feast on the fragile and the hesitant. If you dont like it, dont play. Not everyone has what it takes to learn how to master the art of combos and evades the game has to offer. The Adrenaline rush you recieve after slaying opponents in this game exceeds and fighting game. The maps are amazing and the titan makes the battle more exhilarating.  Add a few more epic large and short maps and this game will rival all others in 2013.

Message 6 of 9 (100 Views)
First Son
4 posts

Jan 12, 2013

You are welcome to your own opinion of course. I would expect an 8/10 rating for the multiplayer from most game review sites and game informer.  As long as they deliver the single player it doesn't really matter how good the multiplayer is.

Message 7 of 9 (78 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
43 posts

Jan 13, 2013

I'll unfortunatly disagree with that notion.

From the video's I've seen about the Game, it's huge talk about Multiplayer, with tons of focus.  In fact I think this game started as a "Hey, what if it was Multiplayer" thought, instead of the more usual "Where do we move the story from here?" you'd get if you wanted just singleplayer.

Honestly the Multiplayer is unique and fun, captures the God of War feel, and is **bleep** refreshing both in God of War and in the gaming scene in general.   

Apparently the Single player is going to be shorter than previous God of War games, focusing on you killing three or four "Furies"  Crazy Doc. Octopus inspired women.  Despite that, I believe we're not getting Women in our Multiplayer.

It's a huge gambit, and I think it'll pay off.   But the single player is kinda.....overstaying its welcome if you ask me.  Nothing wrong with it, but we've seen it now.  They're moving into new grounds, lets roll with it.

So.....expect the God of War 2 level story, how it's nice and all but just feels a bit meh on it's own.  Add in the multiplayer and you're solid.

If the multiplayer community doesn't kick off proper for this game, which I don't see why it won't, I wouldn't justify buying the game for simply the single player.  Which will still be good, but we already have the first 3 God of Wars, now we're getting MULTIPLAYER.  So yeah, awesome.

Message 8 of 9 (55 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
4 posts

Jan 16, 2013

While I agree that after 5 games of the same single player it is getting a bit tired, it's fun but it lasts me about as much as any CoD game. If you don't have friends playing it with you it just doesn't even feel worthwhile.

Message 9 of 9 (43 Views)
0 Likes