Mar 15 2013
By: Daddy_Warrbucks First Son 25 posts

Disappointed to say the least....

11 replies 205 views Edited Mar 15, 2013
I love god of war and when I saw there was a multiplayer I was thrilled it was like one of my favorite gaming titles and I get to do some damage online I couldn't have been more excited. I pre ordered the collectors edition and sat waiting for it to arrive all day. When I get the game I download all the content from gamestop and my collectors pack getting the 2x xp. Little did I know this was a mistake. I have had the game since the release and used all my double XP. I have made it all the way to level 8! This is frustrating as I should be way higher. I have completed well over 30 games now and taken first in 8 person free for all 7 times. I keep losing connection to the host after the game on the rare occasion I don't I actually gain experience. It's really pissing me off at this point to the point I'm ready to put the game down and go back to my Xbox for some cod. I need to know if I'm the only one havering this problem or is it my ps3? I know it's not my Internet bc I play cod all the time and doubt its my ps3 since I can play ac3 just fine. I have seen people post about this problem during beta but am I the only one still havering it?
Message 1 of 12 (205 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1497 posts

Re: Disappointed to say the least....

Mar 15, 2013
Honestly, SSM should do a mass reimbursement of the double xp later on for all those who got screwed our of using it properly. It's only fair.

Check out my channel for GoW matches, highlights and other videos.
Message 2 of 12 (200 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2327 posts

Mar 15, 2013

No you're not the only one having issues. I've lost countless amounts of XP when the game disconnects because "PlayStation Netwrok is undergoing maintenance" errors at the end of a match. The omega symbol just keeps loading and then you get the error.

This feels like Starhawk all over again because that game was an effing mess and still remains buggy as hell. This has a lot of the same problems, and 90% of the time mics don't work in matches. You can hear them in the lobby or at the start of a match but they go silent until the match is over and you're back in the lobby.

Message 3 of 12 (197 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
25 posts

Mar 15, 2013
I wouldn't know I rarely make it back to the lobby after a game. I loss connection after the game ends and the I get the little omega symbol in tell I turn off my system. Doesn't matter if I chose lobby or main menu it won't load so I take the time to turn my system back on and let everything load just to repeat the process! It's annoying!
Message 4 of 12 (184 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
25 posts

Mar 15, 2013
I hope they do give us double Xp again once these problems are taken care off
Message 5 of 12 (176 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
489 posts

Mar 15, 2013

Daddy_Warrbucks wrote:
I love god of war and when I saw there was a multiplayer I was thrilled it was like one of my favorite gaming titles and I get to do some damage online I couldn't have been more excited. I pre ordered the collectors edition and sat waiting for it to arrive all day. When I get the game I download all the content from gamestop and my collectors pack getting the 2x xp. Little did I know this was a mistake. I have had the game since the release and used all my double XP. I have made it all the way to level 8! This is frustrating as I should be way higher. I have completed well over 30 games now and taken first in 8 person free for all 7 times. I keep losing connection to the host after the game on the rare occasion I don't I actually gain experience. It's really pissing me off at this point to the point I'm ready to put the game down and go back to my Xbox for some cod. I need to know if I'm the only one havering this problem or is it my ps3? I know it's not my Internet bc I play cod all the time and doubt its my ps3 since I can play ac3 just fine. I have seen people post about this problem during beta but am I the only one still havering it?

Ouch, and the clouds begin to hover over SSM Smiley Sad

It almost seems the connection was better on launch night than it was last night, doeesn't make sense.  Last night, I couldn't connect to a 8 player match at all, me and my party had to stick with 4 player games because it kept dropping other players EVERY TIME.  Very frustrating.

Message 6 of 12 (170 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
25 posts

Mar 15, 2013
Trust me I know I am lucky to get one game in every 45min to an hr. I have been sticking to the 4 free for all but I only get credit for maybe one out of a dozen. I enjoy the game but can only play for so long with out leveling or anything before I say screw it. I hope they fix these problems...
Message 7 of 12 (162 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1497 posts

Mar 15, 2013
Where are you guys located? Maybe it's a regional issue. True the matching making and connection issues have been happening to everyone but it seems like people have it far worse than others.

I average about 6-7 games an hour today.

Check out my channel for GoW matches, highlights and other videos.
Message 8 of 12 (148 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
489 posts

Mar 15, 2013

Daddy_Warrbucks wrote:
Trust me I know I am lucky to get one game in every 45min to an hr. I have been sticking to the 4 free for all but I only get credit for maybe one out of a dozen. I enjoy the game but can only play for so long with out leveling or anything before I say screw it. I hope they fix these problems...

Yeah, we're all in the same boat on this one.  I recently read in a different thread that they have a Gypsy working on it, so things should be fixed soon.

Message 9 of 12 (147 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
25 posts

Mar 15, 2013
I hope so....I am located in bellingham WA.
Message 10 of 12 (132 Views)
0 Likes