Uncharted Territory
1499 posts

Re: DEATH VORTEX - LANCE OF POSEIDON

May 17, 2013

Ghoti36 wrote:

Thank you very much for sharing! You truly are a godsend to us! (no pun intended)

Last night I have carried out some testings, and found that the same mechanism might apply to the Lances of Ares and Zeus as well. The Lance of Ares, though, will blow the opponent away with its L1+triangle so some modifications are needed. The Lance of Zeus works quite well, since its L+triangle stuns an opponent anyway and so saves one step of midair circle; and with ele buffed, one can substitute many steps with a buzzing annoying ball . . . 

So maybe it's the death vortex of all Lances except Hades?

And THAT is why I'm a Lance Man......till Gauntlets hit anyway. It doesn't work on Hades cause L1+T doesn't stun them or launch rather it simply knocks them back (plus it grounds you)

Signature Quote:
I love Leia, especially the way she extends my staff
Message 51 of 61 (426 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
18 posts

May 17, 2013
This is why I hate the stupid training gladiator. I had the first half of the combo down when I first tested the lance but couldn't extract much else after the L1 Tri (gladiator never gets slowed/burned/marked etc) so ditched the weapon and never took it into battle.

Thanks for this thread though, I probably never would have come back to the lance without it... and it whoops some serious arse.
Message 52 of 61 (416 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
376 posts

[ Edited ]
May 18, 2013

Ghoti36 wrote:

Thank you very much for sharing! You truly are a godsend to us! (no pun intended)

Last night I have carried out some testings, and found that the same mechanism might apply to the Lances of Ares and Zeus as well. The Lance of Ares, though, will blow the opponent away with its L1+triangle so some modifications are needed. The Lance of Zeus works quite well, since its L+triangle stuns an opponent anyway and so saves one step of midair circle; and with ele buffed, one can substitute many steps with a buzzing annoying ball . . . 

So maybe it's the death vortex of all Lances except Hades?

Yes the same concept can be applied to the lances of other gods as well. I've gotten the Lance of Hades to launch mid combo with it's L1+H  before, but am having trouble faithfully recreating the scenario. I wanted to wait till I confirmed this tech with all lances before I said any more about the subject. Whenever possible I still use Jumping O for the extra damage into guaranteed launcher.

Are you not entertained!

Message 53 of 61 (125 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
376 posts

May 17, 2013

TDSpartan wrote:
This is why I hate the stupid training gladiator. I had the first half of the combo down when I first tested the lance but couldn't extract much else after the L1 Tri (gladiator never gets slowed/burned/marked etc) so ditched the weapon and never took it into battle.

Thanks for this thread though, I probably never would have come back to the lance without it... and it whoops some serious arse.

Yeah it's funny how the training dummy reacts to certain attacks differently than a live opponent. Yet another reason to test evrything out in an actual battle.

Are you not entertained!

Message 54 of 61 (123 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1892 posts

May 17, 2013
The only issue with this weapon is the extremely low PP. And the slow cooldown.

But it's indeed a nice combo.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You were always Zeus' Favorite!

You were alway Zeus' favorite!

My channel: http://youtube.com/user/czeuch
Message 55 of 61 (121 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
820 posts

May 17, 2013
Poseidon4ever, stop mentioning how you found the combo first when you didnt share them. It just makes you look shallow and arrogant.
Message 56 of 61 (104 Views)
Last Guardian
11781 posts

May 18, 2013

^raw doesnt care. and he knows that i disagree with the combo being shared Smiley Happy we have our own opinions. I did find it first, but raw deserves credit for posting it. I never would have done so.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 57 of 61 (98 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11781 posts

May 18, 2013

And as for arrogance, you clearly have no idea who i am if you think that Smiley Very Happy raw knows me well enough unlike you. troll harder

Message 58 of 61 (96 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
820 posts

[ Edited ]
May 18, 2013

Did you just say "raw knows me well enough unlike you, troll harder"? I don't care if you are an arrogant person as an individual or not. What I'm saying is that your statements clearly make you seem full of yourself.
"I did find it first, but raw deserves credit for posting it."? I don't care if you found the combo first or not. I'm just saying that your statements are vain. Just like this one. You just have to mention that you found the combo first.
Very cool.

Message 59 of 61 (74 Views)
Last Guardian
11781 posts

May 18, 2013

Haha i didnt mention that out of arrogance. it is simply a fact.....i even introduced it in a joking manner XD i dont mind if people never know i found it.

Message 60 of 61 (69 Views)
0 Likes