Uncharted Territory
1844 posts

Re: Countermeasure/CounterAttacks Discussion

May 26, 2013

How to stop the runners

Spoiler

If you see an enemy have low health or halved, make sure to have your battle styles turn off; 

- Just stand in their way where they most likely to reach the health fountain

- If your health is high but not fully, get healed and ensure your enemy's health remain unchanged

- If you able to tell which enemy(ies) happen to be the runners, make sure to know them well

- Pretend to dodge which it actually ensure your grapple's reach within the certain limit of the grapple area nearby to the enemy to grapple easily to stop him from reaching over the health fountain

- If they run away, let them be because they actually give your cooldown fill up in no time however it's the same thing for them, unless

if you know how to combo to KO.

- If you are damaged heavily while there are the runners, approach to your ally(ies) or run around waiting to be healed at health fountain

- If you are too late to stop the runner which he got healed, let your cooldown fills up firstly then wait for the opening to do the sneak attack

for your own combo

- Grasp the whole surroundings around you like seeing the names of the warriors appear in your whole screen at distance

You will see some enemies may have low health, pick any options to apply your own tactics to stop the runners

- If you see the runner(s) always pick up World Weapons, you must have to be the runner because World Weapons will vanish in some seconds

Discard your honor sense of fighting.  Adapt the brutalness.  There are no fairness.

Report me if this Runner tactics actually worked or not.

I posted this because the runner population grew... Really.

Message 31 of 50 (309 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1844 posts

Jun 2, 2013

Updated.

Message 32 of 50 (299 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1844 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 20, 2013

For some reason, my new update messed up in the Caution Countermeasure that ended up bugged.

Oh whatever.

Spoiler

Certain players who prefer Rage Mode

Player Activity: Very Low

Threat Level: Very Extreme / High

It's hard to tell any difference for afking or just standing there on purpose to trigger Rage Mode

But don't kill "defenseless" warriors so greedily for free kills! (Includes ganging up and speed up in scoring)

Leave them be and they may be forced to fight eventually if they do nothing for the long time

Weaknesses:

Their battle styles are quite predictable depending on how you battle

Any combos

Remember, they are usually "normal" tiers so you can do just fine in the battle with your experience.

Now I think about it, what happened to the Rage warriors? They haven't appeared lately.

Message 33 of 50 (289 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
681 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 20, 2013

greatly appreciated, Sparrow! Very useful stuffs u posts around here. Although I find Rage mode hardly very dangerous. Sure it hurts but with the right countermeasures, u can punch these ragers back into oblivion. My favorite counter for them are magics, escpecially reckonings, Judgements or Annihilation. So Zeus is a good countermeasure for rage mode.
Back in the days, there were so few runners. Me among those few. usually in a match, I was the only runner. Then , oops, Runners are everywhere. I switch to any range weapons I have to show how proper Hit-and-run tactics and sneak attacks work.

Message 34 of 50 (278 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1844 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 20, 2013

Don't forget Poseidon warriors are so much effective countermeasures for Anti-Rage Modes with their slow effects like Crests.

So it was you that influenced the whole GOWA online to trigger the Runner populations?!

Edited:

- New tactic for Runner countermeasure updated

- New weakeness of the Rage Modes updated

Message 35 of 50 (265 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
681 posts

Jun 20, 2013
Smiley Happy I doubt that! but I fear I have some influence over Asian runner population due to how annoying I was!
Message 36 of 50 (246 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1844 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 20, 2013

Oh maybe I don't have to worry for nothing.

Look like I unable to update at my first post.

I'll post a new topic for the next countermeasure for later.

Message 37 of 50 (239 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1844 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 23, 2013

Hammer of Hephaestus

Spoiler

Player Activity: Normal

Threat Level: High / Normal

It's DLC weapon with Zeus stun effects

You can guard instead of Parry because it does block the stun balls & charged swings of S at once

Don't activate the Items that stay in same place where you got attacked

Change your Item where it can move your warrior to get away from its L1+T

L1+T is the same thing as Reckonings which is comboable in many ways for Stunlock combo

Also you have to be aware of its attacks appeared to be Screen Off attacks

If you know the name(s) of the players who use it, you have to be very aware of their attack patterns

Keep tackling to disable their special moves completely

Hammer of Hephaestus said to be effective against swords & spears (Unconfirmed)

Message 38 of 50 (206 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
386 posts

Jun 23, 2013

who u know to be good hephaestus hammer users Smiley Tongue

Message 39 of 50 (192 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
681 posts

Jun 23, 2013
anyone who's good at hammers can use Hep well. what u should fear is a combination of Reckonings for Stun-lock and silence. While Reckonings is bursting, smack them with T special for extra stun-lock and finally, S special. With a decent elemental power stat, it's a much nastier version of SOZ & Reckonings. I brutally kill many players with that. Even Ascended Poseidons.
But I have to rely on glass canon build, So it's RISKY
Message 40 of 50 (178 Views)
0 Likes