May 14 2013
By: Sparrow-Hawk Uncharted Territory 1844 posts

Countermeasure/CounterAttacks Discussion

[ Edited ]
44 replies 1034 views Edited Aug 19, 2013

Hammer movesets are geared towards Ring Outs only plus given special effects of the  charged marks that are combo-able

Sword movesets are geared towards bounce combo only plus bounce to kick (Ring Out)

Spear movesets are geared towards the combo of variation plus moveable guard

Gauntlet moves are geared towards to break defensive plays like Items, Guards, etc; AOE and ranged attacks serves secondary purposes

also it have few more delay attacks

-

How to counter Jump Slicer(s):

Spoiler

Jump slices can be used as move-cancelling interrupters and quick light moves can bounce for easy combos

Always block and parry but be careful.

Blocking is safer than parry, not to dodge to be grappled and parry may leave you helpless, so just stay tightly to block

If you see a sword user nearby,  jump to Dive Attack to launch to grapple to ring out

Block and move back a little (Not to dodge back! Just move back slowly)

Jump slices are "ungrapple-able" because whatever make a attack will have to be un-grapple-able so don't react instantly to grapple in the air

Create obvious attack pattern of your own battle styles or random mixed attack pattern to how JS react to outsmart

If you see two sword users or more, make sure you have AOE movesets and Hit & Run tactics

Practice your reaction to block (Invite online friends to practice in the secret royal battles)

Charged attacks can reach faster to sword users before they attack because it slides also sword attacks have short ranges

Hammer movesets are obvious and have few movelists but you have to outsmart them or be even more offensive/defensive as Hammer user

Being defensive is very effective to improve your survival rate.

Be aware of how jump slices can be used as easy comeback victories with less efforts

At the moment you make a move will be your biggest weakeness no matter what.  Be careful

How to counter Zeus Warrior(s) -

Spoiler

Remember their special movesets have cooldown so if they activate it,  Tackle (Run + O) to stun

or keep pressure on them until their cooldown resets, then you are safe and proceed your usual battle style without worries

Have AOE / Long Range movesets to interrupt and keep pressure on them

Dodge carefully to see how the waves of Zeus swords move toward you

Don't use Item/Magic out of your fear towards them. 

Run away from them to waste their cooldown to reset, magic and item then go confront them safely

All Zeus movesets appear to pose to activate but few are I-Frames or unreachable to attack and stun greatly in powerful crowd control

Most Zeus releated moves appear to be frontal attacks but few others are AOE guard breaker

Run around to attack behind in their blind spots - Sneak attacks are very effective

Zeus warriors are similar to Ares warriors due to their defense stats are weak

Zeus shields vanish shortly than Ares and Poseidon's shields however be aware of the surrounding around Zeus warrior(s)

which they will use it to grab health/magic fountains or World Weapon

Be defensive, not your usual battle styles until if you feel safe, you may fight

If you able to tell which relic Zeus warrior(s) being supported by, it can serve your survival well

for example, you can disable a certain Zeus warrior's relic relies on chests to supply magic which Zeus warrior rely on it to survive longer with that relic by getting to the chests first

How to counter Poseidon warrior(s) -

Spoiler

If you able to tell which relic that support Poseidon warrior(s), be aware of how Poseidon warrior(s) use their relic to survive any longer

(Regaining magic Brutal Kill, healing, buffs, etc)

All Poseidon warriors tend to have defensive tactics about slowing enemy(ies) to combo with icy moves that could be connected with basic movesets

Make sure to have few ranged attacks at safe distance to destroy Poseidon shield to avoid being lured into their combo

Be aware of how defensive they are because being defensive is useful for their cooldown in their endurance

They tend to look for any opening to use their combo by using icy movesets (Most likely I-Frames and slow effects)

Don't attack straightfoward mostly when they use their special attacks to be safe due to I-Frames.

They may sometimes take damage while in their I-Frame animation.

Dodge when you see how they start to perform their icy movesets
Don't forget their I-Frame animation are FIXED positions! Meaning you can attack safely by attacking in their blind spots

You could survive due to Poseidon warrior(s) have low powers howver elemental attacks are slightly stronger

If you know how to combo, just add more moves in your usual combo to end that Poseidon warrior

How to counter Ares warrior(s) -

Spoiler

A single combo can kill a Ares warrior

Sneak attacks are effective against all Ares warriors

Ares warrior stats have weak defense and weak elemental resist

Ares movesets (All Ares weapons) are very straightfoward attacks which are very easy to dodge/block and predictable

How to counter Hades warrior(s) -

Spoiler

Vanishing moves where you cannot see the enemy Hades warrior(s) around. But it does have weaknesses:  

White halo to reveal where they are, you can grapple

Look closely at their weird shadow where you can spot him instantly away so you can fight him to get his guard off

When they make a move, they will come out of nowhere.   Be on guard or locate.

Hades' stats are balanced therefore watch out for their battle style of skill patterns

All HP drain, Cooldown's rates, vanishing abilities ensures their survival to endure well

Avoid their certain moves and their survival rate will decrease.  The more you dodge and attack successfully, the more the survival rate of Hades go down

Watch out for their magic at such unpredictable times;

HP Drain Grab, Slow AOE and aerial combo of Hades waterfall

Ultimate magic is a little faster

How to take a action against tag gangs -

Spoiler

If you get ganged once, fight fire with fire so if you see them go at you,  go to your ally(ies) nearby

Ultimate Magic of all alliances

-

Items to escape

-

Magics can be used for AOE and seperate those gangs

-

Save an ally quickly to restore HP to survive better! Always, always save, every time and quick reactions!

-

Master the art of dodge in I-frame animation

-

Hit & Run tactics

-

Launching is I-Frame to be safe

-

Pick whatever moveset that is good for crowd control

-

Outsmart them to fall into trap(s)

-

Ring outs

-

Send enemies off in the air to give you the time to make a move

-

Pressure them enough to abandon the match if you give them enough deaths

-

Grasp of the whole situation and the surrounding to be aware of their movements which this tactic can support you to survive well

-

If you know certain warrior(s)'s name(s) who loves to gang up at most, do your best to give your lovely medicine to your killer(s) every time

-

Don't rush into the gang battles! Look for the opening to lauch the combo on one of them who have low/halved HP or sneak attacks works better

-

Massive damages and buffs can improve your survival rate against gangs

Inferno and Fist of Ares; Ring Outs, availiable combos, seperate gangs or escape

Poseidon's Relic of Resilience can endure strongly against four enemies as it take so much damages of ATK/E-ATKs but it requires so much skills

Hades' waterfall can seperate them or combo harder also vanish to escape safely

All special moves, magics, and items ensure your Zeus warrior to survive easily

I cannot suggest about Zeus for crowd control because every time the match start, they may change their alliances

Very unpredictable. 

Defense tactics - Guard, Dodge and Parry

- Guard / Block -

Spoiler

+ Blocking is great defense for zero damages given

+ Can guard in the air

+ Guarding against light attacks (S; Square) and some physical movesets 

+ Guarding can endure against gangs

- Guarding may be your ally however also it may help enemies giving the time to fill their cooldowns in special movesets & items

- Guarding aren't very safe from heavy attacks, magics or few certain special movesets may have guard breaks or AOE.

- Parry -

Spoiler

+ Parry can break their incoming attacks

+ Successful Parried can lead to combo

+ Successful parries given zero damages and stun enemy(ies)

- Parrying are ineffective against magic & E-ATK movesets

- Parry's failure leave you defenseless

- Successful parried animation may slow you down

- Dodge -

Spoiler

+ Dodging is I-frame animation if timed correctly

+ Dodge given zero damages

+ Can dodge any attacks; Light, Heavy, some magics, special movesets and World Weapons even AOE

+ Dodging can be used to get away safely

- Dodge is grappleable

- Incorrected dodge may get attacked

! - CAUTION COUNTERMEASURES - !

Spoiler

If you may face against the dangerous threats in certain situations...

Discard your own honor rules of senses first!

It's completely okay to team tag up due to the dangerous threats!

You cannot let your enemies use their tactics effectively to overpower your allies!

Harden your courage to confront at your risk!

Watch out for DELTA Jump Slicers

Player Activity: Very few but spreading

Threat Level: High

If you are struggling, just retreat away to reset your battle position.

Don't go into in the heat of battle(s) too straightfowardly!

Develop your defensive tactics accordingly!

Weaknesses:  Team Tags, Sneak Attacks, Hit & Run tactics, magics and defensive tactics

Ares Warriors with the Relic of Determinations

Player Activity: Very High

Threat Level:  High

If you are struggling, be aware of their glowing hands signals their Relic of Determination activated.

You mustn't let them survive any longer and disable them repeatedly!

Search fast before they activate their relics by not engaging in the battles in safe locations to stop them!

They tend to pick up World World to protect their relics! Remember that!

They tend to gang together to ensure their survival in order to trigger their relic!

Have your own defensive tactics prepared well for them!

Also, it's better to join your allies to disable that relic if it glows to stop them completely!

Weaknesses: Team Tags, Sneak Attacks, Hit & Run Tactics, any combos, magics, Ring Outs, World Weapons, and defensive tactics

New DLC weapons Countermeasures

Player Activity: Unknown (Most likely spreading when there are new DLC releases)

Threat Level:  Normal

If you never seen those new DLC weapons before which it may cause your defeats even your allies as well.

Witness first! Then study their special moves carefully to develop your new counter tactics accordingly!

You cannot let them use their new DLC weapons on your own allies to get easy kills due to their inexperiences with new DLC weapons!

Team Tag up or Witness carefully!

If your guard gets break, it confirms that one move of the DLC weapons's two special moves is L1 + T!

If your guard blocked, it confirms that one move of the DLC weapon's two special moves is L1 + S!

Remember those to survive better by looking at those new special moves!

How to stop the runners

Player Activity:  Normal

Threat Level: Varies

If you see an enemy have low health or halved, make sure to have your battle styles turn off; 

- Grapple to drive into the corner to ensure the enemy cornered with no escape plans like the whole space area, grapple lift or the next floor

- Just stand in their way where they most likely to reach the health fountain

- If your health is high but not fully, get healed and ensure your enemy's health remain unchanged

- If you able to tell which enemy(ies) happen to be the runners, make sure to know them well

- Pretend to dodge which it actually ensure your grapple's reach within the certain limit of the grapple area nearby to the enemy to grapple easily to stop him from reaching over the health fountain

- If they run away, let them be because they actually give your cooldown fill up in no time however it's the same thing for them, unless

if you know how to combo to KO.

- If you are damaged heavily while there are the runners, approach to your ally(ies) or run around waiting to be healed at health fountain

- If you are too late to stop the runner which he got healed, let your cooldown fills up firstly then wait for the opening to do the sneak attack

for your own combo

- Grasp the whole surroundings around you like seeing the names of the warriors appear in your whole screen at distance

You will see some enemies may have low health, pick any options to apply your own tactics to stop the runners

- If you see the runner(s) always pick up World Weapons, you must have to be the runner because World Weapons will vanish in some seconds

- For your survival, don't bother to chase them, you can only can do better in engaging combat so let them be.

Watch Out for certain types of players in Bout Of Honor

Spoiler

-  New type, "Caster" or "Waiter"

As you are awake of how BoH rule where the both warriors fill up their magic bar slowly.

They tend to be very defensive in dodging and guarding or retreating against your moves to fill up their magic bars and cooldown's high rates

They use this Bout of Honor for their advantages for high cooldown rates and magic bar resupplying

Your BoH battle drags longer, you most likely lose if you don't know how to fight back

Note: Caution Countermeasure where I tend to view certain types may grow in the population in its one area as the dangerous threats to post

I only post to warn when if something grow rapidly or slowly to spread in its population may prove it to be the dangerous threats

Lastly, get your online friends to practice with you so you will be fine.

MAY THE BRUTAL FORCE WITH YOU

Message 1 of 45 (1,034 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1499 posts

Re: Countermeasure Discussion

May 14, 2013

Thx, you just described why I hate swords (combos require a bounce). I fought against a friend who jump sliced yesterday, needless to say, I quickly adapted and started parrying and jump slicing him back (he was using Agility relic for air evade and double jump so I started also faking my jump slices) so I was able to kil him fast. Hammers ARE geared towards ringout but it's hard to do. You also described why Spears are the best weapon in the game and why I like them.  I almost never do Jump O anymore cause they always dodge my launcher follow-up

Signature Quote:
I love Leia, especially the way she extends my staff
Message 2 of 45 (1,030 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1844 posts

May 14, 2013

Any problems, report them to me, I will help.  I wish I can record videos to make my topic useful.

It'd be nice if one of my online friend can record for me so I can show how I do.

Message 3 of 45 (1,024 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
634 posts

May 14, 2013
I want to add something too,jump slice interrupts almost every move or action you do,i have done it my self too,some one "pulls" special move i just sliced and he got interrupted,so it´s safe to say that move has huge priority compared to other moves.
Message 4 of 45 (1,005 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1844 posts

May 14, 2013

Arkkienkeli83 wrote:
I want to add something too,jump slice interrupts almost every move or action you do,i have done it my self too,some one "pulls" special move i just sliced and he got interrupted,so it´s safe to say that move has huge priority compared to other moves.

Yeah this jump slice easily disable to seal any moves. I experienced being the sword user and seen it how useful.

Arkkienkeli83, I will add what you post. Just write any messages and I will edit my first post to be easy to read.

Message 5 of 45 (1,003 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1844 posts

Re: Countermeasure/CounterAttacks Discussion

May 16, 2013

I'm Hammer user. But my first post lacked any helpful tips for Spear users.

Help me out.

Message 6 of 45 (946 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
983 posts

May 16, 2013

Can't you stop jump-slicers by holding L1? Because it's worked for and against me.

Also I guess for spear users, the best thing for them is to use a launcher, it works best for them from past experience. 

Message 7 of 45 (934 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1844 posts

May 16, 2013

DaNielgAUci wrote:

Can't you stop jump-slicers by holding L1? Because it's worked for and against me.

Also I guess for spear users, the best thing for them is to use a launcher, it works best for them from past experience. 

Holding L1 counts as "blocking".  I know it works but I'd like to inform the players to be aware of how to confront in details to make them remember in their head.

I'd like to sub "launcher" combo for spears as "Reeling combo"

Message 8 of 45 (927 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
983 posts

May 16, 2013

Sparrow-Hawk wrote:

DaNielgAUci wrote:

Holding L1 counts as "blocking".  I know it works but I'd like to inform the players to be aware of how to confront in details to make them remember in their head.

I'd like to sub "launcher" combo for spears as "Reeling combo"

Ok, just double-checking. Also you should continue this thread, it's very helpful. 

Message 9 of 45 (913 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1844 posts

May 18, 2013

All done.

Message 10 of 45 (858 Views)
0 Likes