Jan 17 2013
By: SirCrush Wastelander 869 posts

Controversial suggestion regarding Gladiator Hammer...

9 replies 252 views Edited Jan 17, 2013

After playing with this weapon for...like...a long time...I have come to believe that the L1+Triangle combo's AoE is TOO LARGE.

I hate to see a weapon lose its luster but this one is a bit overpowered in my opinion...It really doesn't matter the armor loadout you select, L1+triangle both recycles too quickly and matters too much in a fight...it's as quick as a normal jump triangle attack and has a MUCH better result, and it regenerates often, plus it cann be more or less combo'd with the L1+Square attack. (I say more or less because you gotta aim that attack right and it CAN be dodged but still...) THere's more to this story but...that weapon feels EXTREMELY OP. Exploit at will.

2 cents.

Message 1 of 10 (252 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
169 posts

Re: Controversial suggestion regarding Gladiator Hammer...

Jan 17, 2013
Almost all of the AoE attacks in this game are too large. Doubly so when you factor in both vacuum elements and the cramped quarters of many of the environments. Seems lvl 1 AoEs have a decend radius. I'd rather see the dmg scale with lvl instead
Message 2 of 10 (250 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
869 posts

Jan 17, 2013

Eh...I think the other WEAPONNS are fine but I might say that Zeus' Lightning Storm vacuum effect is a bit too strong...but it is also easily dodgeable. Err...most of the time. I think without lag it's dodgeable ALL the time. Not sure.

Either way, that Hammer...

Message 3 of 10 (247 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
137 posts

Jan 17, 2013

That's the only perk for the gladiator hammer. It does the least damage but has a very good special. Well, it's not even that good since it can be interupted more often than not. Unlike sowrd of Ares

Message 4 of 10 (231 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10163 posts

Jan 17, 2013
it doesn't take a rocket scientist to tell that this special is OP.

It hits a HUGE radius...huuuuuuuge... and it's insanely hard to avoid.
Message 5 of 10 (211 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
296 posts

Jan 17, 2013

Glad hammer is a ring-out player's wet dream too Robot Happy

Message 6 of 10 (204 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
869 posts

Jan 17, 2013

FieryCaptain wrote:

Glad hammer is a ring-out player's wet dream too Robot Happy

mmhmm lol

While Minotaur and Ares have a similar bounce up effect, the radius is quite small. You can still ring out quite easily with those hammers but that Glad Hammer...bounce, homerun.

I guess I haven't tried evading it that much but it seems to need a well-timed flick of the right stick or you're toast. And evenn then it's quite easy to time it on someone's evades...Don't wanna beat a dead horse here but this weapon sometimes feels cheap to use and I aint big on being cheap.

Message 7 of 10 (199 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
169 posts

Jan 17, 2013
AHAHA wow so I jumped on my Zeus toon, equipped lvl 1 Glad hammer, full Skorpian and the usual magic goodies.

Oh my. Who thought that range on a lvl 1 AoE was acceptable? Hilarious
Message 8 of 10 (180 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
241 posts

Jan 18, 2013

it's easy to avoid, i don't know why you guys are saying otherwise. Also you're using the hammer wrong if you're relying solely on the heavy special, same applies to all the mino hammer users ive run into that rely on specials as their openers.

Message 9 of 10 (149 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
869 posts

Jan 19, 2013

Oh there's more to it than just evading or avoiding...try chasing me sometimes and see how running into a pile of rocks and my grapple feel Smiley Tongue

Also, I don't RELY on the special...but that thing sure helps when in combat...even the L1+square attack...mix and match them two and combos start making themselves!

Message 10 of 10 (97 Views)
0 Likes