Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jun 11 2013
By: fuhrmanimal First Son 22 posts

Connection to the Host

3 replies 106 views Edited Jun 11, 2013

Why does the connection to the host get lost so often now?  It seems like 1 out of every 5 matches at best gets cut off halfway through...this is getting ridiculous!  Does anyone else have this problem?

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 4 (106 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Re: Connection to the Host

Jun 11, 2013

Of course. If you are lone wolf with no party usually, and happen to be winning the match, there is very high chance you will find yourself disconnected because frustrated host from the opposite team RQ'ed. If you're in party of 4, and you know your host has awesome connection, crazy internet and whatnot, it's all good and disconnects during the game won't happen as much.

For us single lads, it is very frustrating to be disconnected from approx'ly every third match that goes in your favor. Remember that sometimes a lot of enemies (or teammates) quit because the same reason, but luckily they were not hosts so you are still in game. Not to mention ridiculously lame situation during, say, TFotG when you don't have nothing else to do but run for chests because all the players from enemy team left.

Solution to this is not easy; removing ''Quit game'' option is viable as many people say and it might solve a solid percentage of RQ issues, but there could still be people who hold their PS button, and quit the game simply through XMB. Another solution might be the bigger punishment for manually leaving the game...leaving these sort of thoughts to your imagination... But the fact stays as it is - connection loss to host is big issue and has to be fixed!

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 4 (96 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3413 posts

Jun 11, 2013
I suggested 2 things to fix the RQ issue,

1. RQ gets penalized by twice the amount of deaths you get, and a loss for the match as well.

2. player who stays gets 3x the XP if they stay the whole match.

I have had this happen to me so many times. I have never rage quitted, nor will I ever
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 4 (76 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
14 posts

Jun 11, 2013
I'm having major problems finding matches. They talk about ascension and level 40 stuff I just bought the game and I've only been able to play twice.
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 4 (64 Views)
0 Likes