May 05 2013
By: DaBeast151 Uncharted Territory 1497 posts

Connecting... has abandoned the game.

16 replies 205 views Edited May 5, 2013
Not sure if anyone else noticed but it no longer mentions the psn's of people leaving the battle any more.

On a side note I'm ticked off. Had so many people just up and leave near the end of battle during MoC today. So many!

Cowards!

Come face me and take your loss like a man. I don't know how many times I was at least 500 favour behind the leader but stuck with it and managed to win.

COWARDS!

Check out my channel for GoW matches, highlights and other videos.
Message 1 of 17 (205 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1892 posts

Re: Connecting... has abandoned the game.

May 5, 2013
I didn't notice. That sucks.

I hate when it happens. I was playing MoC4, than one left, after short, another left, leaving a Zeus against my Ares.

I started crushing him with relic of determination and he left. I sent him a rage msg in PSN Smiley Tongue
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You were always Zeus' Favorite!

You were alway Zeus' favorite!

My channel: http://youtube.com/user/czeuch
Message 2 of 17 (198 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1355 posts

[ Edited ]
May 5, 2013

DaBeast151 wrote:
On a side note I'm ticked off. Had so many people just up and leave near the end of battle during MoC today. So many!

I've noticed this in other modes too. Yep it can get frustrating... especially since it's not impossible to mount a comeback (ex. was down 2-0 in CTF playing with randoms, we came back and won 3-2 Smiley Happy).

In the end, ppl are going to play how they wanna play... unfortunately to some losing is "unacceptable" which equates to "I'm going to quit now." Not sure if a penalty for quitting (as mentioned on other threads) will change this? Also not sure if connection issues play a factor, like are some ppl getting dc'd mid-match?

In all games in general and not just this MP, there's a point where some ppl can't take losing... so for everyone that sticks in a match til the bitter end kudos (I'm one of those ppl; if I get frustrated I'll consider leaving when I'm back in the lobby and NOT mid-game), but there's bound to be someone who wants to quit right away if things go the least bit sour.

rage quit.jpg

Try "Die for Olympus" in GoWA MP. Click sig to see how
Message 3 of 17 (184 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
296 posts

May 5, 2013

yesterday i had much problem with this game.During the match i begin to have lag and then i crash.The problem is that when i trie to join multiplayer by the main menu compare the message "no internet connession avalaible" but i still connected to psn and my pc is connected to the same modem so i must restart the ps3....Maybe other players have the same problem...

Message 4 of 17 (182 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1497 posts

May 5, 2013
No, this is not a d/c issue.

These players left because they couldn't hack losing. After all the rage quits I played this game were I was trailing in 4th position (bad start). I don't mind losing at all and always play it out to the end of the match. I felt the urge to just up and leave like everyone else had been doing but I stuck with it and mounted one of my best comebacks ever (wish I taped it). Was so glorious.

Rage quitters will never experience that feeling.

Check out my channel for GoW matches, highlights and other videos.
Message 5 of 17 (172 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
396 posts

May 5, 2013
People have serious connection issues... or just issues. Can't blame the player 100% though, every time i bounce off of a wall or get stuck in a JumpCut combo, well lets just say, i am not happy about it at all. Simply sucking at this game, now that is another matter entirely.
Message 6 of 17 (159 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1892 posts

May 5, 2013
Still on this subject... I've played a streak of 2vs2 yesterday and my team was winning almost all (if not all) matches. However this one guy didn't give up, he remained in the lobby match after match.

In one of those matches, one of his partner quit. Then I did as we always do: we went 1vs1, one kill or death for each person. So if I was fighting him, my team mate wasn't, and vice versa.

On the next game, the guy sent me a msg thanking for that bahavior.

I really hate when my team mate quit and both enemies beat you at the same time.

I was once 11-1 with 1400 favor. My team mate (which was poor) rage quit and left me alone. I ended up losing the game because they went both against me.
Then I called them noobs over the mic and I said that they couldn't beat me fairly. They said that I would swallow my words but I still crushed them on the next game with a new team mate Smiley Tongue
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You were always Zeus' Favorite!

You were alway Zeus' favorite!

My channel: http://youtube.com/user/czeuch
Message 7 of 17 (159 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
412 posts

May 5, 2013

Connecting is a coward Smiley Happy

----------

----------
Message 8 of 17 (149 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Fender Bender
4319 posts

May 5, 2013

Here's my matchmaking so far this morning in mostly 2v2 Team Favor:  Asia, Spain, Mexico, Brazil.  Maybe one or two other US players in there, but always at least half-filled with overseas.  

I stayed through 3 matches where I was either outnumbered or outlagged.  After that, I hit my limit and quit when I heard accents or watched attacks get ignored and all the usual BS.

----------------------
She's going to have to fall on her sword. Which means that we have to stick one in the ground, trip her onto it and get someone to jump up and down on her back for ten minutes. --

Malcolm Tucker. Modern day saint.
Message 9 of 17 (139 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11781 posts

May 5, 2013

^lol my enemies almost never finish a 2v2.....haha they never stay 1v1.....(assuming both our partners quit)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 10 of 17 (134 Views)
0 Likes