Reply
Keyblade Wielder
Registered: 10/11/2008
Offline
10160 posts
 

Re: Competition of the Gods.

Dec 24, 2012
I really liked the idea in MAG, though idr it as much. I always thought it was cool in gotham city impostors.

Though in impostors the only stats that were shown were how much "territory" each gang had, I don't think there was anything else.
Message 11 of 24 (125 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 12/21/2012
Offline
5 posts
 

Re: Competition of the Gods.

Dec 24, 2012

This is great and if they continue patching the game it could really help them realize if a god is too strong if they are leaders for several weeks

Message 12 of 24 (125 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
Registered: 10/11/2008
Offline
10160 posts
 

Re: Competition of the Gods.

Dec 24, 2012
That or one god simply has a large portion of players, which I guess can also help spot out "OP" players because lots of people tend to flock towards w/e exploits they can find.
Message 13 of 24 (124 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
Registered: 10/11/2008
Offline
10160 posts
 

Re: Competition of the Gods.

Jan 8, 2013
bump.
Message 14 of 24 (107 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
SIEA
Registered: 11/29/2012
Offline
415 posts
 

Re: Competition of the Gods.

Jan 8, 2013

We are looking into, and planning some  things like this, not for the Beta, but for the final game. More later.

 

A great idea indeed.

 

-Tank

Follow me @Just_Tank and @SonySantaMonica

Every day is community day!
Message 15 of 24 (103 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
Registered: 10/11/2008
Offline
10160 posts
 

Re: Competition of the Gods.

Jan 8, 2013

Just--Tank wrote:

We are looking into, and planning some  things like this, not for the Beta, but for the final game. More later.

 

A great idea indeed.

 

-Tank


Thanks!  I love you tank.  

Message 16 of 24 (101 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 12/22/2012
Offline
109 posts
 

Re: Competition of the Gods.

Jan 8, 2013

Lol great idea i know ill probably only play with hades and ares and the mystery god i forgot the name mind refreshing our memory tank Smiley Wink

Kings are Made in WAR- Leader of Team Street Killas
http://www.youtube.com/user/kingParkerTSK
Message 17 of 24 (95 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 05/29/2012
Offline
157 posts
 

Re: Competition of the Gods.

Jan 8, 2013

although I like the idea, other video games have proven this to not work effectively. In mag, this same system made imbalances even worse, since the side with more players and better weapons(SEVR) won most of the bonuses. Here, I can already see an OP class getting even MORE bonuses. Weekly swiping will just assure that each week the more OP class will get the same bonuses.

Message 18 of 24 (91 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
Registered: 10/11/2008
Offline
10160 posts
 

Re: Competition of the Gods.

[ Edited ]
Jan 8, 2013

RichYungThaBest wrote:

although I like the idea, other video games have proven this to not work effectively. In mag, this same system made imbalances even worse, since the side with more players and better weapons(SEVR) won most of the bonuses. Here, I can already see an OP class getting even MORE bonuses. Weekly swiping will just assure that each week the more OP class will get the same bonuses.


Actually, I think I pointed this out in the OP too, I think it would help balance the game out.

 

If one god is winning too much or by such a huge lead stats can be looked into and make choices in balance based on said results.  If one class is winning too much, then you look at the population and if it's insanely high that might call for some small class tweaks.  If the population is roughly the same as the others it might call for some bigger class tweaks...or maybe just good players prefer that class?

 

I don't think it'd be all too bad, but the bonus for each week wouldn't be too horrendous as it's just a small perk.  

 

Or maybe add in a few "pity" perks for classes that aren't doing so well every week?  Say Ares/Zeus are always competing for first place and Hades/poseidon aren't.  They could get "pity perks" which are smaller and less fortunate perks than that, but something that might boost and encourage players to get better?  

Message 19 of 24 (90 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 05/29/2012
Offline
157 posts
 

Re: Competition of the Gods.

Jan 8, 2013

Goldhawk1 wrote:

RichYungThaBest wrote:

although I like the idea, other video games have proven this to not work effectively. In mag, this same system made imbalances even worse, since the side with more players and better weapons(SEVR) won most of the bonuses. Here, I can already see an OP class getting even MORE bonuses. Weekly swiping will just assure that each week the more OP class will get the same bonuses.


Actually, I think I pointed this out in the OP too, I think it would help balance the game out.

 

If one god is winning too much or by such a huge lead stats can be looked into and make choices in balance based on said results.  If one class is winning too much, then you look at the population and if it's insanely high that might call for some small class tweaks.  If the population is roughly the same as the others it might call for some bigger class tweaks...or maybe just good players prefer that class?

 

I don't think it'd be all too bad, but the bonus for each week wouldn't be too horrendous as it's just a small perk.  

 

Or maybe add in a few "pity" perks for classes that aren't doing so well every week?  Say Ares/Zeus are always competing for first place and Hades/poseidon aren't.  They could get "pity perks" which are smaller and less fortunate perks than that, but something that might boost and encourage players to get better?  


I understand, but wont feedback work just as well? Idk, maybe if they gave the losing god some boost, but then that would make little sense. I am just opposed to the strongest class getting stronger, even by a little.

Message 20 of 24 (86 Views)
Reply
0 Likes