Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Dec 22 2012
By: Goldhawk1 Keyblade Wielder 9668 posts

Competition of the Gods.

23 replies 224 views Edited Dec 22, 2012

So, I was posting in another thread and got this crazy idea.  I will admit, it's not my own idea but indeed one I got from MAG and gotham city impostors. 

So, wouldn't it be cool if we had a leaderboard that showed life time and weekly stats of each of the gods?  Such as wins, losses, kills, deaths, etc.  The God with the most of each category would be considered the "best" much like in gotham city impostors the more you won in a clan, the more territory your clan would own and it would make you feel like you were actually working towards something. 

Now, as for the competition portion this is where the "weekly" stats come in.  It would wipe out every week or so much like the PSASBR "seasons" for online.  At the end of each week, whatever god has the first place spot (such as highest kills, lowest deaths, highest wins, etc) would win some sort of prize.  Such as longer world weapon timer, more exp per match, a bit faster cool down, special weapons/amor/other items, little bit faster capturing points, open chests faster, etc. 

Now I know you can just switch gods, and everyone would be switching to the winning god just to get in on the prize.  Well, this could be combated by adding in an "alliance switch punishment" which would hinder your character a little bit or even have your stats not count towards the competition for a few days.  The ONLY way you would be able to claim the prize, is if you used that god the most during that week (of course you'll have to chance the punishment too) and then continue to use that god.  If you switch, you lose the buff for that week. 

I think that would really give people a sense of patriotism for their god that they picked and really get people to rally up together and be competitive. 

What do you think?  What would you change? 

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 24 (224 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1296 posts

Re: Competition of the Gods.

Dec 22, 2012

Great idea! like you said, this could show who the best God is. Would be a great add on to the game.I have no negative feedback for this one.

lawl.jpg

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 24 (220 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9668 posts

Dec 22, 2012
Thank you very much, metal gear!
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 24 (215 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
849 posts

Dec 22, 2012
I actually really love this idea! I was just expecting the everyday leaderboards that you see in all other shooters, but this would make the MP even more unique. :smileyhappy:
Erebus..jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 24 (209 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9668 posts

Dec 22, 2012
Right, because the current setup doesn't actually feel like we're aligned to anything...it feels more like a class system you'd find in an MMO. Something like this would probably make it feel like you're actually working towards a goal for your god...to please the god that you favor the most.
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 24 (206 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
137 posts

Dec 23, 2012

It's a cool idea but it would be tricky to work out. Hypothetically If most people are running Zeus classes then he's going to win which would give a person who likes a different play style an unfair disadvantage just because they liked to play as someone else.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 24 (194 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9668 posts

Dec 23, 2012
Yeah, but I mean those wouldn't be that big of a boost. The item/armor/weapon might be too much though, unless it wasn't that special.. just for show or something
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 24 (183 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
137 posts

Dec 23, 2012

Double xp is always a good bonus. Of course for the hardcore crowd that will be useless in a few months after launch. How would you feel about your god smiting the enemy for brutal kills? If zeus wins when you trigger the brutal kill, your character kneels and lightning strikes down and explodes your enemy? Each god would have a different one but that would be a cool little bonus, I feel

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 24 (172 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9668 posts

Dec 23, 2012
Yeah that'd be cool, I mean there's tons and tons of ways to implement a bonus.

Hell, even the extra exp would help lower levels catch up and compete in the contests.
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 24 (168 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
55 posts

Dec 23, 2012
Very nice idea, It's like the Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom mode where the galactus soldiers battle against the heroes of earth!!
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 24 (157 Views)
0 Likes