Do you mean 
Keyblade Wielder
9668 posts

Re: Competition of the Gods.

Jan 8, 2013

RichYungThaBest wrote:

Goldhawk1 wrote:

RichYungThaBest wrote:

although I like the idea, other video games have proven this to not work effectively. In mag, this same system made imbalances even worse, since the side with more players and better weapons(SEVR) won most of the bonuses. Here, I can already see an OP class getting even MORE bonuses. Weekly swiping will just assure that each week the more OP class will get the same bonuses.

Actually, I think I pointed this out in the OP too, I think it would help balance the game out.

If one god is winning too much or by such a huge lead stats can be looked into and make choices in balance based on said results.  If one class is winning too much, then you look at the population and if it's insanely high that might call for some small class tweaks.  If the population is roughly the same as the others it might call for some bigger class tweaks...or maybe just good players prefer that class?

I don't think it'd be all too bad, but the bonus for each week wouldn't be too horrendous as it's just a small perk.  

Or maybe add in a few "pity" perks for classes that aren't doing so well every week?  Say Ares/Zeus are always competing for first place and Hades/poseidon aren't.  They could get "pity perks" which are smaller and less fortunate perks than that, but something that might boost and encourage players to get better?  

I understand, but wont feedback work just as well? Idk, maybe if they gave the losing god some boost, but then that would make little sense. I am just opposed to the strongest class getting stronger, even by a little.

Feedback does help, but you always have people who aren't good at the game and get destroyed by other classes or things they don't understand then come on the forums and complain until the thing that owns them the most gets nerfed.  Happens all the time in games.  

With this system though, it'd be easier to pin point because it's based off of actual statistics and not "this Ares guy keeps killing me super easy so his class much be OP"

Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 24 (77 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1296 posts

Jan 9, 2013
Hey SSM!? did you see this GODLY idea yet?!

lawl.jpg

Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 24 (72 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9668 posts

Jan 9, 2013

metlgearsolid200 wrote:
Hey SSM!? did you see this GODLY idea yet?!

Yep, tank commented on page 2 and said they have something similar in the game already apparently.  

Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 24 (70 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1296 posts

Jan 11, 2013
oh WOw i didn't see that! NICE!

lawl.jpg

Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 24 (67 Views)
0 Likes