Uncharted Territory
1206 posts

Re: Community Tier List Discussion Thread-Spears

Jul 5, 2013

Poseidon4ever wrote:

NingaStyle_Tony wrote:

Spear of Hermes

Specials - 4/5 - The L1 + S throws your spear, impaling and stunning your target; it detonates after a short duration. This is a marvelous tool against bubble shielders and can set-up some combos. The L1 + T gives you and nearby allies increased movement speed, but I haven't noticed a difference in attack speed. The range isn't very large so it's recommended you use it mainly for yourself. This has actually saved my life from many rage blades and zeus lightning bolts, and ares fire balls and blat blat. If you press L1 + T again, you'll charge up and execute a very fast, dash attack that breaks blocks and sweeps enemies off their feet. If you catch ANYONE with this, you'll get a combo. The only problem I have with the dash is that it takes literally 2 seconds to charge it up.

Stats - 3/5 - I believe the stats at Rank 3 are 3% PP, 5% EP, and 10% CDR. These are pretty bad, but the CDR saves it from being a 2. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Combo Potential - 2/5 - It's there... but it's not good.

Ease of Use - 1/5 - Ha... Haha! HAHAHA! I've never even seen a newbie use this weapon, it's that bad. And if they have, they probably didn't do so great with it.

10/20 - C-tier, Right? I'm using 4-7 = D, 8-10 = C, 11-14 = B, 15-17 = A, 18-20 = S.
And I know I'm not supposed to give my opinions on spears, but I've actually used this spear quite a bit. I'm almost rank 3 with it. (:

what kind of acid were you on when you wrote this lol? this was one SERIOUS trip and i demand to know your dealer XD jk.

in what world do the specials get a 4/5? the are SUB AVERAGE....you can block/i frame dodge the second burst from the l1 sq. The 2 second delay alone keeps this l1 tri dash from deserving an above average slot. Even if you hit it, the damage potential is so minimal compared to all other spears. This is the unanimous worst weapon in the game.....if you guys gave the lance of ares d-tier, this weapon deserves it even more. seriously....the LoA got 1/5 for its specials....no way in HELL this weapon deserves better XD

"You can block the second burst"
That's why you make sure it hits Smiley Wink With Jump+O or something. But I've had many situations where they would try to run away and the explosion sends them off the arena.... I should place that in my review, that it can ring out people.
"The 2 second delay"
This is what made it stop me from giving it a 5. I would have a pretty big combo if the L1 + T didn't take so goddamn long to execute. And I also remembered another thing, so I'll place that in there too revise my review.
"damage potential is so minimal"
That's why you go on Poseidon, Relic of Regeneration, and use my 2-grapple combo. Any weapon can be amazing with the correct build. This weapon isn't D-tier, that's for sure. I wouldn't be going 6-0 with a D-tier weapon.

Message 51 of 73 (179 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1375 posts

Jul 5, 2013
C-tier sounds good to me.
Message 52 of 73 (171 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1375 posts

Aug 18, 2013
Bump
Message 53 of 73 (143 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
755 posts

Aug 18, 2013
Should I copy and paste my spear of Phobos breakdown and put it here?
Message 54 of 73 (138 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11800 posts

Aug 18, 2013
Yup
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 55 of 73 (134 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
755 posts

Aug 18, 2013
Spear of Phobos

Specials: 2.5
L1+S summons a giant spear from the ground. This is great for crowd control and is your main combo filler since it launches enemies, however it is heavily telagraphed since the enemy you aim for gets a bright light flashing on them. On top of that the move is parryable so you use this againest someone that knows what they are doing. You are as good as dead.
L1+T lays down the FEAR FIELD. The startup is horrible, but when the field is out, you gain the advantage in this fight. The field is unblockable so if you have them inside the field, they better be ready for a horrible experince. L1+T while you have the field out allows you to shoot three projectiles at your opponent. The first two will always combo, but for the third one they need to be in a juggle state for the move to combo. My biggest problem with this move is that it is BLOCKABLE AND PARRYABLE! Throw this out without a plan and say goodbye to that preious health.

Stats: 4
This spear gives 3 pp, 10 ep, and 8 cr at rank 3 so it is perfect for a support or mage build.

Ease of use: 1.5
Even a moron will know to get out the way of your specials. If you truly want to shine with this spear outside of crowd control, you need to make every field you lay out count and tear away at their health while you have the advantage. You will always have decent damage if you have a special ready but for the most damage without magic you need to juggle them along the field and hit them with L1+T

Overall rating: B

This is has some serious pontential to be good however you have to put in even more work than what you would normally do with a spear. Both the L1+S and L1+T while the field is out is parryable and the startup on the field is abysmal, so you have nothing to use at netural. When you do get the field out the game changes. As long as they are within range of the field, they are in danger of being opened up if not careful and makes your other specials somewhat safer to throw out. While this is great in team battles, you really need a clear and focused mind to use this weapon in a 1vs1 situation.

Extra notes:
*L1+S is glitched to where the air version will make the pillar go behind you if you are not targeting anyone.
*You have enough time in the field to get two special moves out before it wears off.
*You cannot evade through the barrier they have to jump.
*Air version of L1+T is activated immediately meaning if you get hit, you get to use your triple shot but you don't get your field.
*L1+S comes out not matter whatever or not the whole animation goes through or you are interrupted.
*L1+S in the air recovers faster than the ground version allowing for combo possibilities.
*L1+S allows the pillar to come out as soon as you touch the ground. Jump, wait until you are near the ground, then activate the move will allow for the fastest startup and much less telegraphed.

Message 56 of 73 (127 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1375 posts

Aug 18, 2013
Very good review Fame! I like it!
Message 57 of 73 (121 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
652 posts

Aug 18, 2013

good stuff you have here guys.

and btw, no spear is worse than the hyperion.

Message 58 of 73 (114 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11800 posts

Aug 18, 2013
He speaks the truth XD

It belongs in the "w t f - tier"
Message 59 of 73 (112 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1660 posts

Aug 19, 2013

hey hey dont be picking on my fav dlc spear (sorry phobos)

for hyperion 

speicals 3/5  now before yall go bashing my head in going W T F 3 HOW????  hear me out the L1S pecial is a lockdown manuver if you hit this special the enemy is at your whim also if using a magic based build it can do a significant amout of bonus damage while you charge up a launch or magic (this leave time for about 7-9 hits of the electricity) this special also can provide great pressue if the enemey is already wall stunned

L1T  this special needs some tweaking yes but the S portion after the initial stance is a great cc move (my best is 3 ring outs at once) cant also cause wall stunand push enemies into traps the T poriton of this move could have been an amazing combo extender (hell id be fine if they took the stance out completely and just put this move as the L1T with a slightly faster start up time and better tracking) this move does great damge the best damage you will get out of the spear ele wise even more that the full duration of the lightning wall and it also causes a short launch or bounce state this coupled with crest or reckoning is deadly 

combo potential 1/5 ok it basically has none that work in open field save for jump T, L1S, Launch,S,S, R1 and that is extremely hard to hit it has good combo off of wall stun but thats about it so DO NOT i repeat DO NOT bring this weapon to an open field 1v1, in BoH youre more or less ok but if you want zoning in BoH phobos is simply better 

ease of use also 1/5 this spear takes a lot of practice to master for 1v1 situation it shines much better in a team role new players are advised to stay away for a while

stats  2/5    3% PA and 12% EA are fairly decent stats for this weapon allows for good damage for physical players when you have the enemy locked down in the L1S special and for mages the high EA can make you either a super mage or let you mix up some PA in your build as well

so overall 7/20 solid D tier yes

- CPT of the Lomabax Preatorian Guard

"don't forget to buy poison arrows in order to f**k you chair"- epic name bro
Message 60 of 73 (107 Views)
0 Likes