Jun 13, 2013
Bump
Message 42 of 73 (256 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1375 posts

Re: Community Tier List Discussion Thread-Spears

Jul 3, 2013
Bumping this as the Lance of Poseidon is up for review. Post all comments here.
Message 43 of 73 (240 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1375 posts

Jul 4, 2013
Lance of Poseidon:

Specials: 5

Arguably the best of the Lance Quartet. The light special shields allies, bounces and slows enemies. With slow being the best debuff ingame the is super nasty. The triangle special heals and restores magic and also bounces and slows enemies. It's a sick support weapon that has deceptively powerful offense if used properly. The ice wave I believe is blockable and the T special is slow and easy to dodge if just used randomly. It's not perfect but used by a skilled player it's **bleep** close.

Combos: 5

Of the 4 lances this one has most combo potential. Numerous infinites and 100% damage combos. With slow you basically decide if the opponent gets to hit you or not.

Stats: 3

10 elemental attack is solid on a mage. The spear is better in terms of stats for the 9 def boost which Is the trade off in using the lance.

Ease of use: 3

This is not an easy weapon to just pick up and use. It requires a defensive, teambased mindset to use properly which some players struggle with. The specials are a bit slow it will take some practice. Once mastered you'll be healing and supporting your team like never before

Final 16: definite a tier
Message 44 of 73 (226 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1375 posts

Jul 4, 2013
Lance of Poseidon:

Arguably the best of the Lance Quartet. The light special shields allies, bounces and slows enemies. With slow being the best debuff ingame the is super nasty. The triangle special heals and restores magic and also bounces and slows enemies. It's a sick support weapon that has deceptively powerful offense if used properly. The ice wave I believe is blockable and the T special is slow and easy to dodge if just used randomly. It's not perfect but used by a skilled player it's **bleep** close.

Of the 4 lances this one has most combo potential. Numerous infinites and 100% damage combos. With slow you basically decide if the opponent gets to hit you or not.

10 elemental attack is solid on a mage. The spear is better in terms of stats for the 9 def boost which Is the trade off in using the lance.

This is not an easy weapon to just pick up and use. It requires a defensive, teambased mindset to use properly which some players struggle with. The specials are a bit slow it will take some practice. Once mastered you'll be healing and supporting your team like never before

Final 16: definite A tier
Message 45 of 73 (226 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11799 posts

Jul 4, 2013

mrvlrdr101 wrote:
Lance of Poseidon:

Final 16: definite A tier

I agree on all accounts except specials. the l1 sq is one of the worst "l1 sqs" in the game. it is slow, has a self "debuff" (you move slowly while channeling it), and is no better than the ares flame thrower. the stats on the specials for the lance of ares should be reflected here since their l1 sqs are clones Smiley Happy

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 46 of 73 (214 Views)
Lombax Warrior
134 posts

Jul 4, 2013
Seems to me lance is for team, spear is for solo and with my random team favors healing isn't going to cut it.
Message 47 of 73 (204 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1206 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 5, 2013

Spear of Hermes

Specials - 3/5 - The L1 + S throws your spear, impaling and stunning your target; it detonates after a short duration. This is a marvelous tool against bubble shielders and can set-up some combos. It can also ring players out if their back is against the hole/abyss. The L1 + T gives you and nearby allies increased movement speed, but I haven't noticed a difference in attack speed. The range isn't very large so it's recommended you use it mainly for yourself. This has actually saved my life from many rage blades and zeus lightning bolts, and ares fire balls and blat blat. If you press L1 + T again, you'll charge up and execute a very fast, dash attack that breaks blocks and sweeps enemies off their feet. If you catch ANYONE with this, you'll get a combo. However my biggest problems I have with the dash is that it takes literally 2 seconds to charge it up, and you can't even do it in the air.  -_____-

Stats - 3/5 - I believe the stats at Rank 3 are 3% PP, 5% EP, and 10% CDR. These are pretty bad, but the CDR saves it from being a 2. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Combo Potential - 2/5 - It's there... but it's not good.

Ease of Use - 1/5 - Ha... Haha! HAHAHA! I've never even seen a newbie use this weapon, it's that bad. And if they have, they probably didn't do so great with it.

9/20 - C-tier, Right? I'm using 4-7 = D, 8-10 = C, 11-14 = B, 15-17 = A, 18-20 = S.
And I know I'm not supposed to give my opinions on spears, but I've actually used this spear quite a bit. I'm almost rank 3 with it. (:

Message 48 of 73 (180 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11799 posts

Jul 5, 2013

NingaStyle_Tony wrote:

Spear of Hermes

Specials - 4/5 - The L1 + S throws your spear, impaling and stunning your target; it detonates after a short duration. This is a marvelous tool against bubble shielders and can set-up some combos. The L1 + T gives you and nearby allies increased movement speed, but I haven't noticed a difference in attack speed. The range isn't very large so it's recommended you use it mainly for yourself. This has actually saved my life from many rage blades and zeus lightning bolts, and ares fire balls and blat blat. If you press L1 + T again, you'll charge up and execute a very fast, dash attack that breaks blocks and sweeps enemies off their feet. If you catch ANYONE with this, you'll get a combo. The only problem I have with the dash is that it takes literally 2 seconds to charge it up.

Stats - 3/5 - I believe the stats at Rank 3 are 3% PP, 5% EP, and 10% CDR. These are pretty bad, but the CDR saves it from being a 2. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Combo Potential - 2/5 - It's there... but it's not good.

Ease of Use - 1/5 - Ha... Haha! HAHAHA! I've never even seen a newbie use this weapon, it's that bad. And if they have, they probably didn't do so great with it.

10/20 - C-tier, Right? I'm using 4-7 = D, 8-10 = C, 11-14 = B, 15-17 = A, 18-20 = S.
And I know I'm not supposed to give my opinions on spears, but I've actually used this spear quite a bit. I'm almost rank 3 with it. (:

what kind of acid were you on when you wrote this lol? this was one SERIOUS trip and i demand to know your dealer XD jk.

in what world do the specials get a 4/5? the are SUB AVERAGE....you can block/i frame dodge the second burst from the l1 sq. The 2 second delay alone keeps this l1 tri dash from deserving an above average slot. Even if you hit it, the damage potential is so minimal compared to all other spears. This is the unanimous worst weapon in the game.....if you guys gave the lance of ares d-tier, this weapon deserves it even more. seriously....the LoA got 1/5 for its specials....no way in HELL this weapon deserves better XD

Message 49 of 73 (152 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11799 posts

Jul 5, 2013

this weapon deserves 2/5 for specials ( they are either the worst in game or close to it) and 1/5 for combos.

The 1/5 is again in ref to the LoA. It got a 1/5 even with its clone of the LoP combo...the hermes spear and lance of hades are the worst combo weapons and both deserve  1 out of 5 in that category.

not to pick on you tony Smiley Tongue just think you had to have been high to give it the same score as the heph hammer XD

Message 50 of 73 (150 Views)
0 Likes