Last Guardian
11781 posts

Re: Community Tier List Discussion Thread-Spears

Jun 9, 2013

i must admit tho....i havent tried those since the patch.....and given that they nerfed the LoP....perhaps these combos were nerfed as well

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 21 of 73 (225 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1660 posts

Jun 9, 2013

hahah im glad to see Sir Crush posting hes the only other player i who i knew ran lance of ares as much and possibly more than i did

on another note as well spear of heremes does seem to boost attack speed as well as that just comes with haste if you can move faster you attack faster at least thats what ive seen in my testing

also this seems to close out lance of ares with the consensus being D tier so which one is next??

- CPT of the Lomabax Preatorian Guard

"don't forget to buy poison arrows in order to f**k you chair"- epic name bro
Message 22 of 73 (218 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
869 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 9, 2013

Poseidon4ever wrote:

nope Smiley Tongue on the contrary, you cannot have ANY lag present or it ruins the timing. sovereign taught it to me XD

Ah you misunderstand me...let me set this up properly:

Okay so there are games which MANY people around here refer to as "lag free" but they are not. YOU are the benefector of the lag situation in most of those cases. I'll noticen, in some matches, that I can nail some epic comboes and EVERY TIME I do, I'll see them attack me with something that is normally faster or hits me better than my own attack yet THEY get hit and I don't. Also other times when someone seems to be in a position where I'm sure I see them blocking, same thing. My combos land with the pureness of distilled water when they, by all rights, should not.

I'm sure people have noticed by now that I've cut my gaming time way down. This is why. If I do have those amazing rounds where my lag seems nil, I get little to no satisfaction for beasting because I know it's based on a technicality. I'm one of those rare gamers that like a fair shake and if I feel I have an advantage that stems from a source outside my own skill, my enjoyment is usurped to the point of exsclusion. It is what it is Smiley Tongue

You also mentioned the possibility of me mistiming my L1+/\ and that may be true, sometimes, but I doubt it. I was pretty quick with my button presses and it didn't matter. If there were no iframes, which is rare, I'll hit them almost every time. Occassionally I'd be early but against bots in the training arena, if I remember right, I COULDNT be early. The timing didn't allow for it. ANother sign that lag is going on in MP matches.

Message 23 of 73 (210 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11781 posts

Jun 9, 2013

ive never gotten them to work with that awful training bot Smiley Tongue

lol go to MoC and test them there Smiley Happy

Message 24 of 73 (203 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
869 posts

Jun 9, 2013

Yeah that's my point though, about lag being a factor. Smiley Sad

Sorry man, I'm not trying to argue with you, these are just my observations and since I don't play as much as you do anymore, it's fair to say I may be completely wrong Smiley Tongue

Message 25 of 73 (201 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11781 posts

Jun 9, 2013

lol naw this isnt arguing XD

i play enough for it to prob be considered an addiction Smiley Tongue

btw....hermes spear gets 1s across the board imo....god awful weapon :/

Message 26 of 73 (200 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1375 posts

Jun 9, 2013
So we've settled on LOA bring D-tier. Should we move to the Spear of Hermes while we're on the topic?
Message 27 of 73 (196 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11781 posts

Jun 9, 2013

d-tier without a doubt. the hermes spear has a virtually useless triangle special and nearly no combo potential outside of the spear loop. stats are ....not good imo. idk i could be wrong but i use spears a lot.....and this one feels similar what i imagine getting AIDS on top of having herpes would be like. it is that awful

Message 28 of 73 (193 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1660 posts

Jun 9, 2013

ok so the spear of hermes is the only spear that i belive is absolutly god aweful 

the only real effective way to use it in combat is to pop the haste then go to town on the S and T buttons since youre so fast now that the enemy cant catch up to you or run from you but this only works on PA builds which this spear has terrible stats for with only the one ele special and its EP stat being higher than the PA stat also the secondary attack after the haste is next to useless as it takes so long to wind up the enemy has already moved from where the attack is going to land 

the haste as a support is not a very good or useful support as your allies have to stay reletivly close to gain it and then remain there to contiue to have the haste 

so for me personally it rates at 4/20 D tier 

this is the only spear i actually can not play with i actually despise playing with it so much that it is the only spear i have that is not lvl 3

- CPT of the Lomabax Preatorian Guard

"don't forget to buy poison arrows in order to f**k you chair"- epic name bro
Message 29 of 73 (181 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1375 posts

Jun 9, 2013
0.0 once I max out the Ares spear I'll try it out.
Message 30 of 73 (180 Views)