Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
May 18 2013
By: mamma-bear23 Monster Hunter 30 posts

Cocky Players/ Just random venting.

8 replies 255 views Edited May 18, 2013

First off, if my opinion pisses you off then don't read what I say, we all have one so get over it and deal with it.

I don't know if anyone agrees with me, nor do I care, but players who act as if their s*** don't stink are just cocky and arrogant.  I know that there are a lot of great GOW players out there, but why be so idiotic about it.  Don't forget that in reality this is just a game, its not life or death. So the whole getting p/o over nothing that someone on the other side of the world did or said is just plain childish.

I myself am not a great player, I will admit that, but when I do get a winning streak on I don't shove it in someone's face, nor do I stick up my nose so high I fall on my a**.

I love the game even with all the brokenness and glitches, its fun and requires a lot of intellect ( which I don't believe a lot of people have). Yes I do a lot of button mashing but, I never rage quit, I wont leave someone hanging, and I don't back down.

For all you who do rage quit or drop out of a fight because it becomes personal, get off the multiplayer then. This is not a game for the easily offended.

Please feel free to comment, as im curious as to where this will go.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 9 (255 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
341 posts

Re: Cocky Players/ Just random venting.

May 18, 2013

yeah, I've heard players yelling into their mics about world weapons / traps ... angry, name calling if they're dying too much ... & then there are the quitters - I think as you do, they should leave MP ... charming to find yourself without a team & just trying to stay alive .... then you respawn on the enemy & they kill you again ....  folks even brag about quitting to protect their K/D ratio .... then maybe stick to solo Trial of the Gods .... it can be frustrating.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 9 (223 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
30 posts

May 18, 2013

Agree with you there. Now I'm not gonna lie I've been one of those who get frustrated too, but I take it all in good stride. I've been called names, heard some real profane things come from people who as you said end up being the ones who quit, even if their winning. I think psn should acknowledge those who stay and fight, even if the odds are against them.  Those are people worth playing with.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 9 (211 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
341 posts

May 18, 2013

I wish there was away for the XP to be increased if you're on a team with a disadvantage - 4 vs 2 etc .... I've even stuck it out on 4 vs 1 b/c I still gain XP .... but it's getting old with sooo many people quitting ... to me, if you are in a lobby searching for a match, you should commit to finishing the match .... after 2 games yesterday where I was at a terrible disadvantage (I stayed & played) when the 3rd match happened & I clicked start to see if I had a team, was down to one person under level 5 - I left, didn't feel like yet another blood bath .... but normally, I play to the end .... good or bad - but all the quitters are hurting my k / d ratio ....

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 9 (195 Views)
Wastelander
820 posts

May 18, 2013
I swear I played 2v2 with you yesterday. Arent you lv40 hades?
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 9 (189 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3413 posts

May 18, 2013
I agree, I was playing 4v4 TFoG and one of the enemies were screaming in their mic about my team cheating, or being overpowered, or using the gorgon to much(we were playing in the BoF), etc. they ended up winning by 100 favor, and they were still complaining...
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 9 (187 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
341 posts

May 18, 2013

I met a player in game & added them & since then, yikes - plays well, but hate playing with him - he yells & swears the whole match, at his team, the other team .... I've stopped joining his party b/c I can't take his mouth .... too bad some people get so bent out of shape - world weapons / traps etc. are there for any player to use, so why scream when someone does - not like he couldn't have picked up the hammer himself .... if you don't want people using them against you - pick them up .... even if you want to waste them .... it's a pretty unique MP experience & does take time to really understand any allegiance / build .... too bad the new maps coming soon aren't for the 4 vs 4 .... as that's the mode I play most .... will be excited to try the new 2 vs 2 map .... looked amazing.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 9 (181 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
30 posts

May 18, 2013

Yep I'm a level 40 hades. But I'm currently trying to level up my other gods. So I'm playing them all right now.

I love the idea of extra xp for those who end up with a disadvantage. I have a feeling however that the devs wont do such a thing though. One thing I try to do if I end up in a match that would essentially just be a blood bath, I make it a point not to mess with the enemy unless provoked. I feel bad when that happens. To me that just ruins the fun of the game.  Same with the matches where I'm the highest rank against extreme lower levels.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 9 (161 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2263 posts

May 18, 2013

AirJordan73 wrote:
I agree, I was playing 4v4 TFoG and one of the enemies were screaming in their mic about my team cheating, or being overpowered, or using the gorgon to much(we were playing in the BoF), etc. they ended up winning by 100 favor, and they were still complaining...

You can only hear your teammates on mics during the match. You will hear everyone else when you return to the lobby.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 9 (111 Views)
0 Likes