Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
First Son
6 posts

Re: Capture the Flag Feedback

Jan 4, 2013

ive run into sum problems wit bonus flag made people invurneble could not hit them could only counter

Please use plain text.
Message 51 of 95 (164 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
300 posts

Jan 4, 2013
^how is it abusable when it's the only way to survive? it's not like all pursuers are too dumb to come up with something. so bad? imagine if every grapple connects. how's that for bad? dodging recovery rate? as a flag thief you have an offscreen indicator for everyone to see. how would nerfing the dodge stick make it more fairer for the pursuers? they can sprint, flag thieves can't. that's already so big an advantage. dodging isn't abusable, it's just that most people still haven't found a way to deal with it. i did, but of course i'm not gonna tell you. go find your own strategy instead of whining about it.
Please use plain text.
Message 52 of 95 (163 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
104 posts

Jan 4, 2013

I ran into a few problems recently:

1 sometimes you take the opposing flag then once back to your flag its not there but the symbol is there saying return...

or you grab the flag and it just disapears but everyone sees you has the flag carrier

Please use plain text.
Message 53 of 95 (154 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
36 posts

Jan 4, 2013

Yeah, I'm just not getting the complaints about "dodge abuse".  It has been said numerous times, but it is sometimes the last line of defense, not to mention a good strategy to "dodge" an enemy attack to move to a more conducive side for counter-attacks.  Are we supposed to just tank it and run around each other in circles to hopefully get a hit in first? It is a useful strategy when fighting.  Figure out a way to deal.  I don't like it when you can spam Zeus Storm (or whatever it's called), but I deal.  Oh, and dodge usually works best for that...so

Please use plain text.
Message 54 of 95 (147 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1499 posts

Jan 4, 2013

bmadger wrote:

Yeah, I'm just not getting the complaints about "dodge abuse".  It has been said numerous times, but it is sometimes the last line of defense, not to mention a good strategy to "dodge" an enemy attack to move to a more conducive side for counter-attacks.  Are we supposed to just tank it and run around each other in circles to hopefully get a hit in first? It is a useful strategy when fighting.  Figure out a way to deal.  I don't like it when you can spam Zeus Storm (or whatever it's called), but I deal.  Oh, and dodge usually works best for that...so

It's not the dodge abuse, it's the i-frames you get for 1 second or so immediately after pressing right stick to dodge, because of that even though you hit them because of the i-frames, they don't flinch or take damage, also magic SHOULD be unavoidable like Zeus thunderstorm, I get I don't hit you if you're outside range but when you TOWARDS me and don't get hit because of the i-frames, THAT'S when it's BS, as of right now that I can remember the easily avoidable magics are Demigod, Ares Punch, Thunderbolt and Cone. Thunderstorm and Ares Inferno have a BIG radius thus only way to dodge is to be out of it but point is you should get hit even if you dodge as long as you're within radius but BECAUSE of the dodge i-frames, you don't....it's BS

Signature Quote:
I love Leia, especially the way she extends my staff
Please use plain text.
Message 55 of 95 (144 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
300 posts

Jan 4, 2013
^i've already said it a million times. doing surface collision/detection rather than i-frames is just a big mistake it's not even funny. attacks are always done in wide swings, and most cover 180 degrees of area in front (from left to right). that's too big an attack range for a neutral square move. which means it'd be suicide to dodge sideways (or to the side of your enemy). which then would leave us dodging to mostly one direction: away from the enemy or a step back. which would then translate to a more annoying thing, which is that since the safest way to dodge is backwards, you'd then have to get closer to the enemy again before you can counter-attack. that's more than enough time for an opponent to dodge, so it'd be an endless cycle of dodging to the back, going forward for the hit only to get dodged from.

so no, it's not BS. do you even imagine having surface collision instead of i-frames? that would mean an ABSOLUTE ZERO chance of running away from two or three enemies. swings are too wide, even L1+Square has forward momentum in addition to a rotating 360-degree attack.

of course as long as you timed your dodges right in the thunderstorm, you shouldn't get hit. that's part of the game. seriously you're asking for a broken game. if that were the case, everyone will get hit continuously. dodging would result in distances too far away to make counter-attacking possible.
Please use plain text.
Message 56 of 95 (138 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
36 posts

Jan 4, 2013

I do agree, that magic should be unavoidable.  I've commented on another thread about it. So, in that, I agree.

Honestly, in fighting though, how many times has the dodge i-frame decided a battle for you?  I've seen you SovereignSky, and you're a really good fighter...not trying to be rude, but I think this is a little nit-pickey for you.  I can assume most of the time, you as a player, are pressing an advantage on someone not as skilled as you. So he gets an i-frame on you...I don't see it as a huge advantage.

IMO, you work in the confines of the system.  We are here to provide valuable feedback, but I think we can agree to disagree on the apparent 'OP-edness' of dodge.  I don't mind if they keep it as is, but if they do change the mechanic, so be it.  I'll still have fun playing

Please use plain text.
Message 57 of 95 (136 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
36 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 4, 2013

Yeah, I really think a few of the good players on this board are continuing to press for even more advantages to their side.  Remove dodge i-frames, so I can constantly hit you, make grapple work for EVERY time I press R1-no matter the distance, make magic an insta-death, make my hammer AOE unavoidable. I get it, you want to be the best player, but I think we need to try and understand every perspective, especially when concerning a videogame that should be fun to play.

Please use plain text.
Message 58 of 95 (134 Views)
0 Likes
Santa Monica Studio Community Strategist
411 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 4, 2013

Hey everyone,

Just wanted to say thank you for this feedback thus far. We'll dissect it further and comeback to you.

Keep it coming and remember, NOBODY controls these boards but the community overall.

We recognize all opinions and will not be swayed by any minions of Hades, the end.

#RESPECT

Cheers,

Tank

Follow me @Just_Tank and @SonySantaMonica

Every day is community day!
Please use plain text.
Message 59 of 95 (124 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1499 posts

Jan 4, 2013

bmadger wrote:

I do agree, that magic should be unavoidable.  I've commented on another thread about it. So, in that, I agree.

Honestly, in fighting though, how many times has the dodge i-frame decided a battle for you?  I've seen you SovereignSky, and you're a really good fighter...not trying to be rude, but I think this is a little nit-pickey for you.  I can assume most of the time, you as a player, are pressing an advantage on someone not as skilled as you. So he gets an i-frame on you...I don't see it as a huge advantage.

IMO, you work in the confines of the system.  We are here to provide valuable feedback, but I think we can agree to disagree on the apparent 'OP-edness' of dodge.  I don't mind if they keep it as is, but if they do change the mechanic, so be it.  I'll still have fun playing

Huh don't recall your name but yes i-frames has decided some battles for me, flag users dodge i-frame so they don't flinch etc, dodge i-frame preventing world hammer weapon from blowing you back. Also I'm a lil rusty from the 1 week of not playing so I've been having brain farts from time to time, I can discern when it's a good player and an abusing player, Del-Sol97, TEKUHASHI etc are good, Prophecie7 or whatever guy from 2 nights ago was dodge abuser......I do try to play tactively sometimes, I also never use /\ unless launcher or special.......did we play this week? I've never played with some forumers till this week......

Signature Quote:
I love Leia, especially the way she extends my staff
Please use plain text.
Message 60 of 95 (118 Views)
0 Likes