Lombax Warrior
157 posts

Re: Capture the Flag Feedback

Jan 4, 2013
I was just in a match, and a flag carrier was able to use their magic. My teammate and I both had flags(I had the opposing team and he had the bonus), and he used Ares' Inferno to try to get to our base before me.
Message 41 of 95 (190 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1499 posts

Jan 4, 2013

RichYungThaBest wrote:
I was just in a match, and a flag carrier was able to use their magic. My teammate and I both had flags(I had the opposing team and he had the bonus), and he used Ares' Inferno to try to get to our base before me.

Was that me? Cause I did that even though i think it was normal and not bonus flag

Signature Quote:
I love Leia, especially the way she extends my staff
Message 42 of 95 (178 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1346 posts

Jan 4, 2013

I have used magic multiple times-- in fact everytime i have had the flag.. I thought it was allowed... *shrug*

Message 43 of 95 (174 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
205 posts

Jan 4, 2013

My first thoughts: There are way too many hammers. Seeing it constantly has made me realize how broken the mechanics can get with lag. It wouldn't bother me to encounter it occasionally like in Team Favor, but this is ridiculous.

Message 44 of 95 (163 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2327 posts

Jan 4, 2013

The flag carrier has little to defend themselves with so anyone complaining that they have it easy obviously hasn't been hunted by good players.

It's just ridiculous that you have to hop your way to your flag if it's even there. You can't really attack with the flag because you'll be killed in no time. You need to have magic or you're screwed, and even then it's not overly effective.

I really am not going to like trophies being linked to multiplayer because that should merely be an option and not a requirement to trophy completion. There will be far too many people abusing that mode and making it an infuriating chore for the rest.

Message 45 of 95 (159 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1499 posts

Jan 4, 2013

I hate how everybody treats this as Team Deathmatch, I've won a few just cause everybody's too busy fighting. I also would like jumping mobility to be slower cause it's impossible to catch em most of the time

Signature Quote:
I love Leia, especially the way she extends my staff
Message 46 of 95 (158 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
28 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 4, 2013

It feels that the flag spear would make a good weapon. Here are some suggestions.
> Maybe you could stick it in ground and swing around it kicking opponents in the face and knocking them down.
> Perhaps slam it in the ground for an AOE attack that knocks opponents to the ground. 
> Maybe when your evading and an opponent tries to grapple you instead of grapple get a mini game where you wrestle over the spear. If you win it kicks your opponent down far enough out of grapple reach.

Echoing the hammer spawns... seriously that thing spawns consistently and if you have the flag and the other guy has the hammer forget about it, your done.

Either this map is not suited for CTF or the flag placements are off... it does not feel right. I think there would be more strategy if one flag mound was up and the other down.

Without voice its really hard to form strategy. For me, as is, I would not play this mode very much.

Message 47 of 95 (145 Views)
Lombax Warrior
157 posts

Jan 4, 2013

ElementDuck wrote:

My first thoughts: There are way too many hammers. Seeing it constantly has made me realize how broken the mechanics can get with lag. It wouldn't bother me to encounter it occasionally like in Team Favor, but this is ridiculous.

? In team favors, items spawn like every 30 secs. The hammer is fairly easy to dodge any ways. If you do doge it, then you get a huge headstart. I do agree that it should spawn less often though.

Message 48 of 95 (140 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
300 posts

Jan 4, 2013
just had a match 3v4 and it was a draw. i had like 3 captures and my other two teammates had none. wow. that last minute was just a game of tag. i hate it when you're the flag thief and the other team also stole your flag you basically becomes a sitting duck unless you're really annoyingly good at dodging (i like to think i am) but watch out in a week or so these other peeps will be hunting you down.

the most common mistake for people catching the flag thief is that when we thieves are dodging and abusing the right stick, these pursuers always ALWAYS press their square or any attack buttons. which means they will stop after the move while we go forward further. instead of trying to attack a DODGING target, try to get ahead them first.

oh and btw you CAN use items and magic. that level 3 teleport is such an **bleep**-saver. it makes being the flag thief a little bit easier.

still, hate it when both teams steal the flags and you're just waiting for your teammates to HOPEFULLY kill the other team's flag thief, especially if it's a 3v4 situation.
Message 49 of 95 (127 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
157 posts

Jan 4, 2013

Rumba_Lumba wrote:
just had a match 3v4 and it was a draw. i had like 3 captures and my other two teammates had none. wow. that last minute was just a game of tag. i hate it when you're the flag thief and the other team also stole your flag you basically becomes a sitting duck unless you're really annoyingly good at dodging (i like to think i am) but watch out in a week or so these other peeps will be hunting you down.

the most common mistake for people catching the flag thief is that when we thieves are dodging and abusing the right stick, these pursuers always ALWAYS press their square or any attack buttons. which means they will stop after the move while we go forward further. instead of trying to attack a DODGING target, try to get ahead them first.

oh and btw you CAN use items and magic. that level 3 teleport is such an **bleep**-saver. it makes being the flag thief a little bit easier.

still, hate it when both teams steal the flags and you're just waiting for your teammates to HOPEFULLY kill the other team's flag thief, especially if it's a 3v4 situation.

If they ever nerf the dodging recovery rate, or fix the grappling hitboxes, then I bet the right stick abusers will not be so bad. If the bases are going to be so close, then the flag carrier needs to be slower(at least 10% slower than normal speed), since the dodging is just so abusable as of now.

Message 50 of 95 (125 Views)
0 Likes