Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Uncharted Territory
1346 posts

Re: Capture the Flag Feedback

[ Edited ]
Jan 3, 2013

The only post I agree with so far on here is Rumba_Lumba.. I don't know if it was because Favor of the Gods and Team Favor of the Gods was so insanely awsome, but CTF feels incredibly bland to me.. I played about 5 matches and then got bored.

Some things that I do not like about CTF are:

1.  There is no *god of war* feel to this mode,  it is like a melee CTF.. I was hopeing the flags would be something other than "flags"  Like.. Godly Possessions or something.. like maybe returning poseidons conch shell to his fortress etc.  It may be that this map isn't very good for CTF in my opinion.  I also think that no interaction with polyphemus during CTF is really putting a damper on the map and game mode in general.  

2.  Capturing the flag is too easy, I don't meen the whole process.. I meen actually putting the flag on your own flag is just stupid. I had 4 guys attacking me and all i did was dodge until i was on top of my flag and quickly hit r1.. got the capture then died... there was really nothing they could do to stop me..   I think that either polyphemus should intervene in some way to make capturing it a bit harder, or there needs to be a sequence where you tap O over and over like when you are picking up a flag or the spear of olympus.

3.  I was expecting something way more than just another *flag* dropping when the Gods intervene in this mode.  I really think there should be something else... like maybe something to help stop polyphemus from attacking your side for a while.. or when the gods intervene.. whoever has the most *FAVOR*.. not *CAPTURES*  gets polyphemus on their side for a while.

4.  As the flag carrier... there needs to be something else-- I can't put my finger on it.  It is like you either have a really easy time capturing it or no chance at all.. there is no sense of struggle while being the carrier.

Maybe this mode isn't hitting me very well because *The Lost Desert of Souls* map isn't a very good CTF map.

I think CTF should have it's own maps, and if polyphemus can't be involved somehow then this map needs to be completely removed from CTF in my opinion.  There is just no GoW feel when there is no interaction with some kind of crazy monster, or in the case of free for all 1 v 1 v 1 v 1.. Hercules.  

These are just some quick thoughts that I thought I would throw out there.. surely me and Rumba can't be the only ones that were really quite disappointed with CTF's first impression? 

Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 95 (214 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
169 posts

Jan 3, 2013
I really enjoyed it. I think however it'll really come into its own with premades (wtb seperate qeues at launch for premades. Not going to happen but would be nice).

I do agree with a few of your points though. "Intervention of the Gods" hardly feels like an intervention and I really, really am disappointed by CTF not having its own map. I can only hope it's still being worked on.

The actual flag capping mechanics are fine though. Honestly if you had 4 players on you and still capped that says more about their lack of skill then anything.
Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 95 (200 Views)
Lombax Warrior
104 posts

Jan 3, 2013

Capture the flags is as great has any mode so far, looking foward for the real game to play more mode....

few glitch like sometimes the flag symbol say capture but the flag isnt there, thats all ive seen so far...

when you have a great team and everybody takes a role and respect it wow its beautiful. 

Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 95 (193 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
104 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 3, 2013

First off guys cmon stop conplaining its only the Beta... its not even the true game.. their will be plainty of map for all mode once the game comes out,

Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 95 (190 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
1763 posts

Jan 3, 2013

The1ITGuy wrote:

First off guys cmon stop conplaining its only the Beta... its not even the true game.. their will be plainty of map for all mode once the game comes out,

This post is not so much for complaining as providing feedback on the mode for the devs to review.

Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 95 (183 Views)
Lombax Warrior
104 posts

Jan 3, 2013
yes i know and i agree a 100% with you, mostly everything in the Beta will not be in the real game like same maps on the modes, well I hope...

CTF, Team Favors, Favor and ... should have their own map that is for sure...

I guess i liked it to much or i was just tired of waiting. But CTF does suck when you dont have a true team...
Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 95 (176 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
104 posts

Jan 3, 2013
Rage quitters and Lags can and did really ruin some games
Please use plain text.
Message 27 of 95 (173 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
36 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 3, 2013

I thought about it some more.  I really would like to see the mode be where if you capture the flag you gain points for the team for how long you survive.  As has been said earlier when you capture an enemy flag, you cannot place it in your teams altar unless you already have a flag there.  So, if it's been stolen, you can't place it, and your only option is to just run around trying to survive until the "thief" dies or they place the flag in their altar.  That's fine, and I do appreciate the different strategy that comes with that, but I came into this mode expecting points gain, as in Team Favor, to like a set high number...not just when one team places 5 flags.  

So, maybe just adding the dynamic of getting points for how long your team has a flag, as well as the already included bonus points for placing said flag.  

This mode will be a lot of fun when we have mic capability added though.  Being able to tell a teamate to guard our flag position while the other 2 or 3 go out to capture, or protect the one who has the flag when they're getting tag-teamed...this is going to make it much more smoother.

Please use plain text.
Message 28 of 95 (164 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
300 posts

Jan 3, 2013

bmadger wrote:

I thought about it some more.  I really would like to see the mode be where if you capture the flag you gain points for the team for how long you survive.  As has been said earlier when you capture an enemy flag, you cannot place it in your teams altar unless you already have a flag there.  So, if it's been stolen, you can't place it, and your only option is to just run around trying to survive until the "thief" dies or they place the flag in their altar.  That's fine, and I do appreciate the different strategy that comes with that, but I came into this mode expecting points gain, as in Team Favor, to like a set high number...not just when one team places 5 flags.  

So, maybe just adding the dynamic of getting points for how long your team has a flag, as well as the already included bonus points for placing said flag.  

This mode will be a lot of fun when we have mic capability added though.  Being able to tell a teamate to guard our flag position while the other 2 or 3 go out to capture, or protect the one who has the flag when they're getting tag-teamed...this is going to make it much more smoother.

and they should totally remove those player indicators. where's the suspense when you see a xXxKratos1999xXx coming towards you? 

Please use plain text.
Message 29 of 95 (157 Views)
Splicer
76 posts

Jan 3, 2013

Thank the gods the beta has returned! Loving capture the flag, but this mode screams friend invites and chat ability! Really hard to coordinate assaults and defense when mute! Will other maps as of yet unseen use capture the flag as well? Keep up the good work! 

Get your Portable ID!
I am what the gods have made me!
Please use plain text.
Message 30 of 95 (145 Views)
0 Likes