Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jan 04 2013
By: metlgearsolid200 Uncharted Territory 1296 posts
Accepted Solution

Capture The Flag. Cyclops Execution

[ Edited ]
29 replies 388 views Edited Jan 4, 2013

Ok so in CTF, The Cyclops is just dancing in the background and not effecting the battle in anyway. So why is it there? Well I have an epic idea here to give the Cyclops a reason for being there. Here it is....After a team wins there will be a Cinematic Execution ending to it. 1st the gods will Zap it from Olympus and it will fall onto the stage and the team will run up on it and Grapple it's eye and pull it out. What do you guys think?

And to give it a little God of War touch...all players will have to tap Circle to pull it out. if one person isn't pressing circle the Cyclops will smash you all but you'll still get the win...just knowing that everybody saw you fail is the part you want to avoid lol.

lawl.jpg

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 30 (388 Views)
Lombax Warrior
157 posts

Re: Capture The Flag. Cyclops Execution

Jan 4, 2013

That could be awesome, and the ppl that are #1 and #2 can shine more in the animation. I also feel that the cyclops should do SOMETHING, even if that means annoying flag carriers.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 30 (386 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
9668 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 4, 2013

I have an idea as well for cinematic endings for all game modes.

Capture the flag:

Cyclopse ending - At the end of the match, when the winning team has gethered all 5 flags (and only when, this doesn't kick in during 4 captures) The cyclopse will be rushed forward with an extreme expression of fear on his face.  As he's thrusted into the map he'll raise his hands up to brace the impact against the map.  Then, much like team favor everyone will rush in and hook his eye and the person who did the best in the game will grab the flag of THE WINNING TEAM and plant it in the Cyclops's eye.  He'll then fall over dead much like he does in Team favor but the flag will remain in his eye with blood dripping out and the WINNING TEAM's flag sticking out...as if to claim the territory and the kill.

Murderous ending - this takes place on the platform where you get the spear of olympus just like the cyclopse ending.  The camera starts with the entire lobby shown on the platform.  The enemy team is kneeling and the two worst players on the winning team are shown planting a flag into their opponent.  The camera zooms out a bit across the floor covering up the other two kills and shows the second best player planting his flag...all while the camera is still moving you get to the player that did best killing the player on the other team that did best.  He plants a flag into his chest much like the other kills but instead this guy starts to crawl away and that's when you pick up the fifth flag and plant it into his head.  

Favor (FFA) ending - 

Losers are kneeling on the ground with the winner standing behind them.  Starting at the worst player, you smack him with your weapon and he lays on the ground bleeding.  Same with the second worst player, he is kneeling and you hit him in the head with your weapon and continue onto the person in second place.  

If you're holding a sword and the opponent is holding a sword:  

They will be kneeling like the other two, but  you'll stab him through the chest with your weapon and pick his up and slice off his head then kick him off your blade and raise both weapons in the air and scream with blood dripping from the weapons.

If You're holding a sword and the opponent is holding a hammer:

They will be kneeling like the other two, but  you'll stab him through the chest with your weapon and wrap your chain around the hilt of your sword.  You pick up their weapon and smack them in the head as to get them off of your weapon and pull your sword back with the chain and catch it.  You'll then raise both weapons in the air and scream with blood dripping from the weapons.

If you're holding a hammer and they're holding a sword:

Same as the last one, except you'll stab them with their sword and hit them with your hammer. 

If both players have a hammer:

Smack the player to the floor, pick up his hammer and smash his head into the ground.  Same ending as the other 3.  

Edit:

Another idea I had for a cinematic ending.  Could be for free for all or a team based mode.

But this idea includes an "emblem" system.  You could create an emblem and it would be positioned on a flag as to show your alliance or make your mark on a territory or a kill.  

It would be cool to see "brutal kills" involving stabbing someone with a flag that has your emblem on it, but on to my cinematic ending idea.

The camera would start off zoomed into a flag posted into the ground waving in the wind.  It would show the emblem of the person who took first place.  Then, the camera would zoom out and up a little and show a portion of the map with the entire winning team's flags planted into the ground.  Around the flags there is a bunch of blood, destruction and dead bodies.  You don't see what happened but the picture of the territory being marked by the winners would still leave a chilling mark as if you had actually seen these people be brutally murdered.  

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 30 (370 Views)
Wastelander
849 posts

Jan 4, 2013
Hope the devs see this ^
Erebus..jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 30 (345 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9668 posts

Jan 4, 2013
Indeed, kind of made me think of Uncharted. Uncharted 3 had cinematic openings and endings BUT, it was only on a handfull of maps and they said "why have it on these few maps, but then none of the other ones?" so they took them out.

Kind of reminds me of this, out of all the maps and game types they only have one cutscene so far.
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 30 (329 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
74 posts

Jan 4, 2013

Sounds very cool but like it would take a long time to develop.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 30 (318 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1346 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 4, 2013

I would be willing to wait as long as it takes for some kind of ending animation for each map/ game mode to be implemented.. polyphemus definitely needs to atleast interact during CTF

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 30 (313 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
104 posts

Jan 4, 2013
in CTF i would see Polyphemus attacking us....

what about we cant kill it, he stays there trough the whole game
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 30 (293 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
104 posts

Jan 4, 2013
just there to disturbed our game
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 30 (291 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9668 posts

Jan 4, 2013
I like that he doesn't attack, I hate that about favor but makes more sense in favor.
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 30 (288 Views)