Monster Hunter
42 posts

Re: Button Smashing.

Dec 20, 2012

Trojan_Man_300 wrote:

Ultimate rage quit...

when the game is in better state, i might come back and give it another shot but games like these i just cant get into. So either way its not rage quitting from a game i never really got into from the start.

Message 21 of 36 (113 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
787 posts

Dec 20, 2012

I have a friend that cant get the concept of games like these. Mortal Kombat 9 he just smashing Square and triangle (like the old school games) and thinks it will win him the game, you have to put thought into it, play smart and strategic. But yes, some games are not for everyone, but alot of us are trying to help you out so you dont feel that way.

When did you start paying and if you can give me and example of a battle that frustrated you?

Message 22 of 36 (112 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
42 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 20, 2012

DelSol-97- wrote:

I have a friend that cant get the concept of games like these. Mortal Kombat 9 he just smashing Square and triangle (like the old school games) and thinks it will win him the game, you have to put thought into it, play smart and strategic. But yes, some games are not for everyone, but alot of us are trying to help you out so you dont feel that way.

When did you start paying and if you can give me and example of a battle that frustrated you?

like 3-4 days ago and i pick up games quickly but games like these i just cant really get into. All fights frustrate me even the once i win cause no matter how hard i try to block or counter, the game just doesn't want to repond and it doesnt help when i get from full health close to 0 in 1 combo. I know i can L2 it but after i do, they just grab me with a good amount still left and finish me off (not when u have a red icon on ur head). Its just people getting the combos on me and no way i can defend from. Would be nice to have a combo guide or something to help me get better at it but have yet to find anything useful. Talking about is just pissing me off  now lol

Message 23 of 36 (110 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
7546 posts

Dec 20, 2012

So all in all you are complaining about a game genre that you admittedly are NOT GOOD AT and blaming it on the game?

If it's not your cup of tea... 

Message 24 of 36 (105 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
42 posts

Dec 20, 2012

GOW71 wrote:

So all in all you are complaining about a game genre that you admittedly are NOT GOOD AT and blaming it on the game?

hard to get better in a game when u can do none stop combos so pretty much yea it has to do with the game mechanics.

Message 25 of 36 (98 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
7546 posts

Dec 20, 2012

Shinigami187 wrote:

GOW71 wrote:

hard to get better in a game when u can do none stop combos so pretty much yea it has to do with the game mechanics.

well the mechanics are getting worked on. hence why they are allowing us in the beta. So instead of rage quitting out of a game that you would have difficulties with even when complete..... stay in it. Provide feedback.  That's what a beta is for... feedback.

Not "I don't like it. I quit till its better." That doesn't help anyone, especially yourself. In addition a call to the community has been asked by PLYMCO_PILGRIM here:

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/God-of-War-Ascension-Multiplayer/Call-To-Action-for-the-Beta-...

That may help some. I don't it has the combo cheat sheet you're looking for yet though.  Hopefully it will get added by someone.

Message 26 of 36 (96 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1499 posts

Dec 20, 2012

It is very hard to combo actually, on swords :[] hold [] is a block breaker but it has an extra attack [] as well BUT you can't cancel it so that last [] is parry-able, also when I do hold /\ and jump into air, I can only do 1 or 2 [] cause gravity kicks in XD. Also note that there are people who are block/parry maniacs in which case I  abuse them with /\ then O repeats to teach them a lesson. Some L1 specials can also be charged, ie. L1+/\ on BoZ. Save magic when facing 2 or more people , i sometimes do it on one guy but it's just because he's pissing me off....Furthermore you can trigger traps quickly by pressing R1 rather than holding (holding for when you're leaving), your teammate'll forgive me if he dies in it, after all he had 2 or 3 guys on him. Hold [] on hammers imbues it with an element

Signature Quote:
I love Leia, especially the way she extends my staff
Message 27 of 36 (93 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
42 posts

Dec 20, 2012
well the mechanics are getting worked on. hence why they are allowing us in the beta. So instead of rage quitting out of a game that you would have difficulties with even when complete..... stay in it. Provide feedback.  That's what a beta is for... feedback.

Not "I don't like it. I quit till its better." That doesn't help anyone, especially yourself. In addition a call to the community has been asked by PLYMCO_PILGRIM here:

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/God-of-War-Ascension-Multiplayer/Call-To-Action-for-the-Beta-...

That may help some. I don't it has the combo cheat sheet you're looking for yet though.  Hopefully it will get added by someone.

My input on the game is pretty much like every 1 else getting frustrasting on how i cant do anything or figure out the combos. so its not like im providing anything more than what has already been said. Yea that link was kinda useless to me since pretty much all i need is the combo section for zeus alligence. maybe zeus is just bad cause i see pretty much nothing but ares players lol??

Message 28 of 36 (91 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
42 posts

Dec 20, 2012

SovereignSky wrote:

It is very hard to combo actually, on swords :[] hold [] is a block breaker but it has an extra attack [] as well BUT you can't cancel it so that last [] is parry-able, also when I do hold /\ and jump into air, I can only do 1 or 2 [] cause gravity kicks in XD. Also note that there are people who are block/parry maniacs in which case I  abuse them with /\ then O repeats to teach them a lesson. Some L1 specials can also be charged, ie. L1+/\ on BoZ. Save magic when facing 2 or more people , i sometimes do it on one guy but it's just because he's pissing me off....Furthermore you can trigger traps quickly by pressing R1 rather than holding (holding for when you're leaving), your teammate'll forgive me if he dies in it, after all he had 2 or 3 guys on him. Hold [] on hammers imbues it with an element

currently im using war hammer of zeus and it seems i cant combo that into anything. sure its nice as a small CC but to do what ares players do, i just cant keep up with that at all. Maybe zeus alligence is just bad???

Message 29 of 36 (89 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1499 posts

Dec 20, 2012

Shinigami187 wrote:

SovereignSky wrote:

currently im using war hammer of zeus and it seems i cant combo that into anything. sure its nice as a small CC but to do what ares players do, i just cant keep up with that at all. Maybe zeus alligence is just bad???

No it's......just hard, I also liked HoZ but was very easily dodgeable so went back to BoZ, I like Zeus more, Ares just more OP, it's shield is better than Zeus shield, Meteor that disables defenses and Demigod power(not as OP though, very easily dodgeable, it's a waste IMO), Ares made for Physical damage while Zeus for Element, Zeus depends on using whatever attacks have an element in them while Ares is more "get highest damaging weapon and win", to put it easily if you have a pure EP built Zeus and use the Cone, that pretty much KILLS anyone or leaves em barely alive. Plus doesn' help that there some good-looking armors but not good stats..... I love Cyclopean armor with my Ares and Barb hammer but I die fast.......kinda makes me wonder how Poseidon and Hades will be....I hope Poseidon wil be awesome and let us start with magic Smiley Very Happy

Signature Quote:
I love Leia, especially the way she extends my staff
Message 30 of 36 (82 Views)
0 Likes