Keyblade Wielder
9807 posts

Re: Button Smashing.

Dec 20, 2012
Hammers I don't think you can combo into very well. I mentioned earlier launching people up, well with the hammer of aries after 2 square hits they are about to pop on i-frames (invincibility frames so you can't just sit there and infinite combo them) so I'm forced to think of something that'll deal high damage until they're off the ground.

With swords, you should be able to no problem. I think it was with the sword of aries.

Anyway, shinigami if you're trying to perform mad combos as a zeus character you're doing it all wrong. I'm a great aries player but when I play as zeus it's like I'm back to level 1 with no experience at the game.

Zeus seems way more complicated..while aries you just pop on w/e gives you good offense and kick all butt.
Message 31 of 36 (79 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1499 posts

Dec 20, 2012

^Ye it sucks, I think I'ma gonna go back to HoZ....I also hate looking like everybody else which is why my Ares rocks Cyclopean armor, Zeus not because I need my high EP D:.....on an unrelated note, I don't recall your name Goldhawk1, I tend to be AFK when in countdown and only check stat page when every single enemy somehow is somehow fighting me and I wonder where my team is.....other way is if you keep doing something to me XD, was it in FoTg or team?, tend to play more FoTG than team

Signature Quote:
I love Leia, especially the way she extends my staff
Message 32 of 36 (76 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
42 posts

Dec 20, 2012
No it's......just hard, I also liked HoZ but was very easily dodgeable so went back to BoZ, I like Zeus more, Ares just more OP, it's shield is better than Zeus shield, Meteor that disables defenses and Demigod power(not as OP though, very easily dodgeable, it's a waste IMO), Ares made for Physical damage while Zeus for Element, Zeus depends on using whatever attacks have an element in them while Ares is more "get highest damaging weapon and win", to put it easily if you have a pure EP built Zeus and use the Cone, that pretty much KILLS anyone or leaves em barely alive. Plus doesn' help that there some good-looking armors but not good stats..... I love Cyclopean armor with my Ares and Barb hammer but I die fast.......kinda makes me wonder how Poseidon and Hades will be....I hope Poseidon wil be awesome and let us start with magic :smileyvery-happy:

I was hoping zeus would let us start using his thunder bolts or something dealing magic not using weapons built in magic crap. One of many reasons i got turned off by this game but while still giving this game a chance, i just cant see myself playing anymore without actual combo guides.

Message 33 of 36 (74 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9807 posts

Dec 20, 2012
FoTG. I can't help but stare at the screen until the match starts and look at the names, not only is your name cool but I've seen it pop up a lot.

But with Zeus I figure, why should I screw up my game winning combo? With Aries I can get 6 to 17 kills a match (sometimes it's a slow day lol) with 2-4 deaths but then I switch to zeus and I have to relearn everything, rebuild my character and learn the ups and downs. I go like 6 and 9 or something like that. Meh, someday I might try it out.

I don't mind looking like everyone else, can't really help it in a game like this. Not much armor currently and eventually people will figure out what armor is the best for certain situations and only use that.
Message 34 of 36 (73 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
42 posts

Dec 20, 2012

Goldhawk1 wrote:
Hammers I don't think you can combo into very well. I mentioned earlier launching people up, well with the hammer of aries after 2 square hits they are about to pop on i-frames (invincibility frames so you can't just sit there and infinite combo them) so I'm forced to think of something that'll deal high damage until they're off the ground.

With swords, you should be able to no problem. I think it was with the sword of aries.

Anyway, shinigami if you're trying to perform mad combos as a zeus character you're doing it all wrong. I'm a great aries player but when I play as zeus it's like I'm back to level 1 with no experience at the game.

Zeus seems way more complicated..while aries you just pop on w/e gives you good offense and kick all butt.
I can see Zeus being good for CC wise but to do anything else, hes just terrible at it and what chance am i getting against an ares player i mean **bleep** way to balance lol. Over all i was expecting more from the game but i don't think i'll be wasting much time with this game anymore especially if i want the easy way out and go ares.

Message 35 of 36 (72 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1499 posts

Dec 20, 2012

Goldhawk1 wrote:
FoTG. I can't help but stare at the screen until the match starts and look at the names, not only is your name cool but I've seen it pop up a lot.

But with Zeus I figure, why should I screw up my game winning combo? With Aries I can get 6 to 17 kills a match (sometimes it's a slow day lol) with 2-4 deaths but then I switch to zeus and I have to relearn everything, rebuild my character and learn the ups and downs. I go like 6 and 9 or something like that. Meh, someday I might try it out.

I don't mind looking like everyone else, can't really help it in a game like this. Not much armor currently and eventually people will figure out what armor is the best for certain situations and only use that.

I'm pretty even with both characters, my Ares taking a hit simply cause I said F stats and started rocking cyclopean armor....definitely better on my Zeus though but in full game I'd probably go poseidon cause trident sword.....also I'm forced to be good cause everytime I turn on Beta I use a different character so.....

Signature Quote:
I love Leia, especially the way she extends my staff
Message 36 of 36 (70 Views)
0 Likes