Highlighted
May 18 2013
By: A27Alak Splicer 54 posts

Breath of Amphitrite

8 replies 155 views Edited May 18, 2013

While I'm loving this item, there are two things I want to bring to the devs' attention:

1)  Once activated, you can't travel up or down levels.  Like if I'm on the third level of Bog, and I want to escape an opponent by floating down to the second level, I won't be able to because of the invisible wall.  This makes sense.  However, when I am near the edge of the map and I'm floating around with this item activated, I am still able to commit suicide by falling off the map.  This does not make sense.

2)  When playing capture the flag on Labyrinth, I can immediately run over to the enemy's side and pick up the flag.  As soon as they all rush me, I simply just activate the item and float back to my base flag (the distance really is that short at the beginning of the match).  What's distrubing is that the flag travels with me while Breath of Amphitrite is activated, which means I just scored without the entire enemy team having the capability of stopping me.  I'm still on level 1 with this item, so I can only imagine how much easier it would become to play CTF once I unlock the extended timeframe.

That's all.  Sorry if these points have been brought up before, but nothing came up when I used the search bar.

Message 1 of 9 (155 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1944 posts

Re: Breath of Amphitrite

May 18, 2013

Its exactly how Hades item that makes him into mist is like when ur falling out of the map or cant jump off a cliff cuz of the invisible wall.

Message 2 of 9 (151 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4319 posts

May 18, 2013

Jessie117 wrote:

Its exactly how Hades item that makes him into mist is like when ur falling out of the map or cant jump off a cliff cuz of the invisible wall.

Except with the Hades item you can fall to your death.  I did it.  A lot.  ;p   

----------------------
She's going to have to fall on her sword. Which means that we have to stick one in the ground, trip her onto it and get someone to jump up and down on her back for ten minutes. --

Malcolm Tucker. Modern day saint.
Message 3 of 9 (142 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1944 posts

May 18, 2013

Message 4 of 9 (140 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1944 posts

[ Edited ]
May 18, 2013

Vanthem wrote:

Jessie117 wrote:

Except with the Hades item you can fall to your death.  I did it.  A lot.  ;p   

Lol same I died to much with that.

Edit: ^I do not know how I posted a blank post lol.

Message 5 of 9 (138 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4319 posts

May 18, 2013
Probably something to do with the "quick reply" button.
----------------------
She's going to have to fall on her sword. Which means that we have to stick one in the ground, trip her onto it and get someone to jump up and down on her back for ten minutes. --

Message 6 of 9 (131 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
198 posts

May 18, 2013
You can fall down SOME areas. I feel like Ares Inferno should be able to travel UP.
Message 7 of 9 (122 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
54 posts

May 18, 2013

I think like half of my deaths come from suicide, even if another player is credited for it.  I hit invisible walls when jumping platforms, dive kick my way into oblivion, make a presumably safe jump from the top floor only to completely miss the bottom floor, superman my way off the map during grapple, etc. etc. etc.  The inconsistency with items like Breath of Amphirite only make it worse Smiley Sad

Message 8 of 9 (113 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4319 posts

May 18, 2013

A27Alak wrote:

I think like half of my deaths come from suicide, even if another player is credited for it.  I hit invisible walls when jumping platforms, dive kick my way into oblivion, make a presumably safe jump from the top floor only to completely miss the bottom floor, superman my way off the map during grapple, etc. etc. etc.  The inconsistency with items like Breath of Amphirite only make it worse Smiley Sad

Oh I guarantee half my deaths are suicides.  I've died in a myriad embarrassing ways, many of which you just listed. Haha.  I blame the camera angles when they shift.  Smiley LOL

----------------------

Message 9 of 9 (109 Views)
0 Likes